• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] any INTP play poker texas hold em?

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
I just started playing and I earn quite a bit of money. people can't tell since I don't show any facial expression and I'm unpredictable. Is this something INTP is good at? any personal experience, advice?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am pretty good. I do better percentage wise at low stakes tables mainly because the players there are not as a rule particularly experienced and simply playing conservatively (tossing hand unless initial cards equal 20) nearly always pays off in the long run.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't play it often - I rather like Doppelkopf, - but if, I averagely win money. Though my opponents are always just some friends who are far from being pros, so I wouldn't consider myself one either. Same reasons as you - lack of facial expressions & not having an obvious playstyle(If I can trust what my friends say about me in this topic).

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I like to play Texas Hold 'Em, and am fairly good at it for similar reasons. Also: being able to read people well helps.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I play hold'em and I can proudly say that I am average: D
It's hard to be good at this game, and I can't particularly read people, I also tried to understand the body language of other opponents..but still got results close to 0.

I play really random, being annoying in any possible way and rely on luck. I also calculate the odds at most hands.

93JC

I play once in a while and am absolutely awful at it. I much prefer blackjack.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I played Texas Hold Em often... but it was on Facebook/Myspace, so I can't help much with the facial expression thing, lol. I have very little awareness of my facial expressions anyway.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I don't play it often - I rather like Doppelkopf, - but if, I averagely win money. Though my opponents are always just some friends who are far from being pros, so I wouldn't consider myself one either. Same reasons as you - lack of facial expressions & not having an obvious playstyle(If I can trust what my friends say about me in this topic).

Hey Doppelkopf, finally someone who knows good card games :D

of course the king is and stays Skat xD. poker is for the people over the Ocean :D

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hey Doppelkopf, finally someone who knows good card games :D

of course the king is and stays Skat xD. poker is for the people over the Ocean :D

Hey this thread is for INTP's. It's an "A" and "B" conversation. Therefore, "C" your way out it. Joking with you, entropie. :bananallama:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
but guess who posted aswell !!!??

Oh this sentence was a masterpiece :D

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
:shrug: I unfortunately never learnt Skat. But I agree with you about Poker existing mainly for the rednecks.