User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    -I was really good with school, unless the class I had was very strict or the teacher just generally gave me an incredibly hard time (for whatever reason, this was always a math class). My math teachers (after 2nd grade) would think I was extremely immature, and even though I would do my work well, I always got bad marks because of my behaviour, or just because the teacher disliked me so much.
    Same, but for me it was always the Dutch (mother language) class... I never understood why you still had to learn Dutch even if you knew all of grammar and spelling. Reading books? That's something you do for pleasure! Discussing about them? Bullshit. Style?? That's a matter of taste, and my taste was for fantasy, science fiction and action, not for symbolic things.
    Maths was okay, there was no stupid matter of taste in that. You could concentrate on being right without having to worry about what the teacher wants.
    -I still sort of think that painting nails/makeup/hair stuff are mundane tasks that I'd rather not do, but I have to.
    I turned 30 yesterday and I still don't use makeup (except on very rare occasions) and my hair is between 2 cm and 5 cm long; washed twice a week, combed if somebody with a bigger Se than mine makes remarks about it.

- I also taught myself how to read right before my second birthday. I always thought it was weird that other kids in kindergarten and 1st grade couldn't read...I just didn't understand what was so hard about it.
    I didn't teach myself, but I could read quite early too. My mother was a teacher in first grade and was only too happy to answer my questions about those funny letters. I never understood that whole fuss about words with one syllable. If you can read one syllable, you can read the next one too and put it together, no?

I also doodled in lessons, but in my case my teachers were right. I didn't distract others (and they never told me that either), but I did distract myself. I had to take real ordinary notes too. They didn't stop my doodling, I did it myself - I found out writing stories during the lesson was still a lot more fun And by that time (I was in university when I started to write) I was able to keep two sheets of paper on my desk and switch to paying attention and taking ordinary notes whenever necessary. Most of the university lessons were (more than) difficult enough for me not needing the writing distraction to keep me from falling asleep, but some of them...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Maths was okay, there was no stupid matter of taste in that. You could concentrate on being right without having to worry about what the teacher wants.
    I was always interested in the subject because of that, but the teachers would call me out on the silliest stuff, like sitting up straight, not looking around the room so much (another way I learned was looking at all those colorful posters in the classroom and then just generally out the window) and of course, doodling. I think a lot of it was political (some times my parents and the teacher wouldn't really see eye to eye, and I'd be the one paying the consequences. Recently in high school and college, math seemed to be a lot easier (if I just did the work I could've gotten A's) but I basically didn't do any work for those classes, which was a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I didn't teach myself, but I could read quite early too. My mother was a teacher in first grade and was only too happy to answer my questions about those funny letters. I never understood that whole fuss about words with one syllable. If you can read one syllable, you can read the next one too and put it together, no?

I also doodled in lessons, but in my case my teachers were right. I didn't distract others (and they never told me that either), but I did distract myself. I had to take real ordinary notes too. They didn't stop my doodling, I did it myself - I found out writing stories during the lesson was still a lot more fun And by that time (I was in university when I started to write) I was able to keep two sheets of paper on my desk and switch to paying attention and taking ordinary notes whenever necessary. Most of the university lessons were (more than) difficult enough for me not needing the writing distraction to keep me from falling asleep, but some of them...
    Haha yeah, college seems to make it harder and harder to be able to get distracted by other things, but mostly because the material being taught and who's teaching it can be interesting. I've only had two or three college courses like that though...the other ones I would just try to doodle as much as I could (even if I didn't feel like it) so it wouldn't feel like I was in that class...Or if it was big enough, and the professor is monotone enough, I can just sleep.