User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 18 of 18

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    58

    Default re

    Does not really relate to an ENTJ. I am an INTP, but as a kid, I was more ENT/FJ/P:

    -In first grade, I defiantly did not want to watch Pocahontas, citing that we ought to see Michael Mann's 1995 film, "Heat," instead, and that Rated G films "sucked." I remember getting in trouble for that.

    -In Kindergarten, I tried to direct plays with other kids my age. That went well...

    -Throughout elementary, I had an affinity for building/designing things from legos, sand, and tree branches. I remember trying to make a Las Vegas Hotel with legos in 3rd grade, lol.

    -I always took charge of a group and made sure everything went accordingly, even to a point of doing everybody's work and giving them credit because I did not trust them.

    -Whenever I went on a swing-set, I would close my eyes and almost always visualize 10-20 years from that point looking back at that moment, citing that I should never forget it as I got older.

    -I always aced math and english classes and my teachers were impressed with my vocabulary and obscure commentary.

    -When we played basketball, I would tell my teammates actual "plays" I looked up.

    -I played chess a lot.

    I'm sure there's more, but remembering all this is starting to make me sad that it's gone.

  2. #12
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    a controlling EST/f P mother, a strict and controlling ISFJ father. I didn't have much of a childhood outside of my family---100%. I didn't see friends outside of school, it was an insult to my family to feel that I needed anyone other than them.By the time I was 18, I changed that. Although they still try to force themselves on me, and are completely insulted if I mention anyone that is not related to me. This is why I don't speak to them very much( "the listener")

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    A crazy controlling ESTJ father combined with a passive-aggressive overly-spoiled ISFP mother created a childhood full of drama. So around 12 or 13, I stopped listening to them and did what I wanted to do. This brought my father to near apoplexy where my mother barely noticed. She was too busy ratchetting up the drama with my father. I suppose love was drama to her.

    Sounds like a nightmare! Are you sure you're mom wasn't a spoiled ISFJ? I thought ISFPs didn't thrive on too much drama, however my ISFJ daughter likes to SAY she hates drama but actually creates it EVERYWHERE she goes! :/

  4. #14
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Sounds like a nightmare! Are you sure you're mom wasn't a spoiled ISFJ? I thought ISFPs didn't thrive on too much drama, however my ISFJ daughter likes to SAY she hates drama but actually creates it EVERYWHERE she goes! :/
    Fairly certain she's not an ISFJ. Way too erratic, no self-control what-so-ever. In the moment or zing, it's gone!

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorquendo View Post
    Does not really relate to an ENTJ. I am an INTP, but as a kid, I was more ENT/FJ/P:

    -In first grade, I defiantly did not want to watch Pocahontas, citing that we ought to see Michael Mann's 1995 film, "Heat," instead, and that Rated G films "sucked." I remember getting in trouble for that.

    -In Kindergarten, I tried to direct plays with other kids my age. That went well...

    -Throughout elementary, I had an affinity for building/designing things from legos, sand, and tree branches. I remember trying to make a Las Vegas Hotel with legos in 3rd grade, lol.

    -I always took charge of a group and made sure everything went accordingly, even to a point of doing everybody's work and giving them credit because I did not trust them.

    -Whenever I went on a swing-set, I would close my eyes and almost always visualize 10-20 years from that point looking back at that moment, citing that I should never forget it as I got older.

    -I always aced math and english classes and my teachers were impressed with my vocabulary and obscure commentary.

    -When we played basketball, I would tell my teammates actual "plays" I looked up.

    -I played chess a lot.

    I'm sure there's more, but remembering all this is starting to make me sad that it's gone.

    Are you sure you're not an ENTJ? LOL! Actually I was more like an INTP as a child, dreamily sitting out side staring at the stars, or hiking through the woods collecting "specimens" The only time I got aggressive as a kid was when adults made no logical sense and then I was quick to put them in their place.

    On the other hand in college I spent a lot of time doing people's projects for them and giving them the credit for the same reason you stated.

    It wasn't until I became a mom/teacher that my ENTJ tendencies really started to develop and I began to realize how although I enjoy ambiguity on TV I lose sleep over it IRL.

    Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    a controlling EST/f P mother, a strict and controlling ISFJ father. I didn't have much of a childhood outside of my family---100%. I didn't see friends outside of school, it was an insult to my family to feel that I needed anyone other than them.By the time I was 18, I changed that. Although they still try to force themselves on me, and are completely insulted if I mention anyone that is not related to me. This is why I don't speak to them very much( "the listener")
    I can only imagine having my mother (an overly controlling ESTP) ALONG with my daughter (a strict controlling ISFJ) instead of my ENTJ father (who helped me understand the irrationality of my mother and always took the time to listen to my perspective) I feel your pain!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Fairly certain she's not an ISFJ. Way too erratic, no self-control what-so-ever. In the moment or zing, it's gone!
    Well, this gives me hope for my ISFJ teen, because right now she has no self-control what so ever . . . I could be wrong though.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    58

    Default re

    Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Are you sure you're not an ENTJ? LOL! Actually I was more like an INTP as a child, dreamily sitting out side staring at the stars, or hiking through the woods collecting "specimens" The only time I got aggressive as a kid was when adults made no logical sense and then I was quick to put them in their place.
    IRL.
    I'm not sure, lol. A lot of my actions had a very "emotional" subtext to them and I was over-welcoming of new students and people in making friends (ENFJ?). Not to mention, I really desired to be well-liked and given attention; then again, who doesn't? As for the J, I didn't start becoming P (as well as I) until I hit puberty and just did not give a damn for the public education system anymore.


    Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    On the other hand in college I spent a lot of time doing people's projects for them and giving them the credit for the same reason you stated.

    It wasn't until I became a mom/teacher that my ENTJ tendencies really started to develop and I began to realize how although I enjoy ambiguity on TV I lose sleep over it

    That's such a desirable trait to have as a college student(especially in the quarter system)! I'm in college right now and I kind of wish I was an ENTJ or ENFJ; more stuff would just get done and I would have a lot more friends. I can never stay focused nowadays because I am afraid I'll get a bad grade if I rush it or make a decision too quickly.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Yes that absolutely sounds more like a P attitude now. I can't REST until I make a decision.

  8. #18
    Giggity Vie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    792

    Default

    My parents (dad an ISFJ, stepmom an ESFJ) were constantly irritating me. I felt, even at a young age, that what they were doing was simply inefficient and pointless therefore stupid. I was definately the child who couldn't shut my mouth - if I felt as though something was wrong, then I would not agree to it - no matter the threat. Being grounded as a teenager had no effect on me, I simply wouldn't listen. Once my stepmom resulted to taking the battery out of my car in order to stop me, in which I then took the battery out of her car and still found a way to get around (Woohoo, for friends!!) I knew they wouldn't kick me out, so I still did my own thing. Financially I was on my own at fifteen, so that didn't weigh on my decision. If I felt as though there was an injustice at home in how one of my older siblings were being treated (I remember an incident in which my sister came home and said some rude comment, and my brother and stepmother ganged up on her both emotionally and physically. I stepped in even though I dislike my sister.) I had an attitude and was the picture of an angsty teen and truly hated my parents and family - ironically, this was the only aspect of life that I was somewhat 'bad' in. I held good grade, was an overachiever, and was plenty involved in both work and school activities. I was obsessed with sports and had to remain active (the team captain of soccer and swimming, along with Drum Major senior year in marching band). I was loud and assertive in nearly everything I did and talked to teachers as though they were my peers, though they didn't seem to mind. I had a very good relationship with them. I was well-known in my HS, possibly due to the size, but I had acquaintances nearly in every corner of the school (but only a few true close friends).


    Before high school though, I was a very angry quiet individual. I hated nearly everyone and everything (aside from academics and sports), but after that was done I would become a recluse to my room at read. I didn't have many friends and was constantly depressed at what my life was (starting around 8 until 13-14ish). When I was with my grandparents, I was the most happy and would become a very talkative child who laughed a lot. My grandma always remembered me as smiling when I was with her. When back home and in the social arena, however, I was very mean and would do anything in order to get people to go away.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] As an ENTJ, most of my closest friends are introverts ? Coincidence?
    By LoyalKnight in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-22-2017, 10:30 AM
  2. I'm still not sure of my type but I think I'm an ENTJ.
    By Nicki in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 02:08 AM
  3. [ENTP] Memories of ENTP childhood
    By guesswho in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 03:47 PM
  4. [ENFJ] Do all ENFJs have some kind of miserable memories of childhood?
    By IEE623 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 06:34 AM
  5. [ESFJ] The Memorial Service of an ESFJ
    By INTJMom in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO