User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default ENTJ's - homicide detective

ENTJ's, do you think that you would make a good homicide detective? Like on the show "The First 48"? I can't think of any other type that would be better suited for this job than ENTJ. INTJ's could do it, but there is a lot of interfacing with people. NTP's could do it, but you must be results driven - to the point of staying up for 3 nights straight until you find the answers - you must constantly push forward and seek out answers until the problem is solved. If the NTP was prone to losing interest or getting bored with a task, this definitely wouldn't be the right career. You absolutely cannot get bored. You must plug through all day and all night until the case is solved.

I could see ESTJ's doing the job, but I would think Ni would serve one much better than Si in this career. As a street cop, I think ESTJ's might be better suited. As a homicide detective, I would think ENTJ. Do you see yourself lacking any certain skills for this career or do you think you would be really good at it?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

figsfiggyfigs

I can be anything I want to be.
    /entj.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    ENTJ's, do you think that you would make a good homicide detective? Like on the show "The First 48"? I can't think of any other type that would be better suited for this job than ENTJ. INTJ's could do it, but there is a lot of interfacing with people. NTP's could do it, but you must be results driven - to the point of staying up for 3 nights straight until you find the answers - you must constantly push forward and seek out answers until the problem is solved. If the NTP was prone to losing interest or getting bored with a task, this definitely wouldn't be the right career. You absolutely cannot get bored. You must plug through all day and all night until the case is solved.

I could see ESTJ's doing the job, but I would think Ni would serve one much better than Si in this career. As a street cop, I think ESTJ's might be better suited. As a homicide detective, I would think ENTJ. Do you see yourself lacking any certain skills for this career or do you think you would be really good at it?
    I actually have considered going into law enforcement long ago. I feel confident saying that I would have been well suited for the job and the foregoing description does describe it pretty accurately. I would get a "thrill" of of such job, it would provide all the stimulation I need.

But after looking at the pay-scale, I ended up in business and corporate finance.
    got chaos?

MBTI
    TNT

Yes, this is what I've been thinking on many occasions. I think this job would be thrilling with just enough mental stimulation to keep an ENTJ satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I can be anything I want to be.
    /entj.
    Also this. For any type.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ

I actually had a dream last year where I was a detective. I've also fantasized about being a crime lord. I would like to think ENTJs are well suited for both.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Watch Heat and see great ENTJ detective skills in action . This renders it very feasible.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte