• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Ask Me Anything

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
What question would you find irrelevant enough to ignore?

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
:rofl1:

How do you break out of a Ti loop if you find yourself in a negative cycle?

the answer to that, sis, would be distraction, what i call 'thought replacement therapy', and generally just snapping it. and finding something else to care about. getting out of self, essentially. tedious route, but ah well.

:bye: imnottoopopular. why/what does christianity mean to you, that you consider to be one of your defining aspects?

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
What is your all time favorite book?

Favorite Philosopher?

Favorite Movie?

Favorite subject in school?

Uhh, favorite book. Currently it's the Owner's Manual for the Brain; it's a mammoth work that's more like reference book since it's more than 900 pages long. Joyce Meyer's Beauty for Ashes is good too. My ENTP friend and I think she's an ENTJ.

Uhh, I don't like philosophy, except my own, so I don't have a favorite philosopher.

Hmm, I don't watch too many movies anymore, so my favorites are old like the Shawshank Redemption and the Last Samurai.

My favorite subject would have to be psychology overall. My favorite psych courses were: thie history of psychology, the psychology of learning, and abnormal psychology.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
the answer to that, sis, would be distraction, what i call 'thought replacement therapy', and generally just snapping it. and finding something else to care about. getting out of self, essentially. tedious route, but ah well.

:bye: imnottoopopular. why/what does christianity mean to you, that you consider to be one of your defining aspects?

I don't know too much about mustard plants, but they don't end up very big. One day a mustard seed came into the world, and after many, many years of growth it became a huge tree for the birds of the air to rest in (you might recognize this as a parable of Jesus).

The tree represents Christianity. The birds of the air aren't good; they swallow up the word of God that is sown among people (making reference to another parable here). So, the seed (Jesus) that should've been a mustard plant has become a huge tree full of evil birds.

Now, the message that Christianity is based on, is that the Light has come into the world to show us the way. He died for us so that not only would we not be tossed out like garbage when everything is said and done, but so that we could be made whole and right in our very lives here and now.

The light shone on me, and knowing that I was evil, I thought I had to try to be good. More light shone and I figured out that I was incapable of being good even if I tried. I can get some behaviors straight, but the motives are never right. When I try to change my motives, they don't wanna change too much. So this brings up the subject of love.

Love all starts with me accepting myself and believing that I'm actually lovable. Then I can receive love from God and others, and with that love, I'm enabled to love God and others. If I try to love without going through this process, I end up doing behaviors consistent with love, but for the wrong reasons.

God loves me even though I do X, Y, and Z, and X, Y, and Z aren't any good. X, Y, and Z also happen to be connected to elements of my character that aren't good. If I try to get rid of X, Y, and Z, the best I can do is temporarily replace them with A, B, and C, but keep falling back into X, Y, and Z cause they work better. This is where God has to save me, and I have to trust in Him to do so. Such thinking is rather new to me, so I haven't made much progress with this.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... One day a mustard seed came into the world, and after many, many years of growth it became a huge tree for the birds of the air to rest in (you might recognize this as a parable of Jesus).

The tree represents Christianity...

A small wording quibble -- it specifically represents the "Kingdom of God." Which is basically the community/relational network in which the "rules of the kingdom" rather than the laws of the "old man" guide relationship. (iow, the law of love.) Sometimes when people read "Christianity," they just think about the theology, rather than the organic active interrelationships that Christianity actually describe... so i just wanted to clarify.

Thank you for sharing so much in your post. It was wonderful, and (to me) dead-on.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
A small wording quibble -- it specifically represents the "Kingdom of God." Which is basically the community/relational network in which the "rules of the kingdom" rather than the laws of the "old man" guide relationship. (iow, the law of love.) Sometimes when people read "Christianity," they just think about the theology, rather than the organic active interrelationships that Christianity actually describe... so i just wanted to clarify.

Thank you for sharing so much in your post. It was wonderful, and (to me) dead-on.

Hmm, well I come from a certain background where "Christianity" is used in a negative sense to refer to a big "system of error" that took over and screwed things up in too many ways to list. Even if I list them (assuming they're true), most people won't even accept them because they're too deeply invested in the system of error.

I'm glad someone liked what I had to say.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
This will work as my blog for now.

Okay, so this isn't the answer to a question.

So, today at work, ESFJ girl decides that I need a girlfriend. :rolli: I just don't know how to tell her to go away, and to leave me alone about this. I want to work on getting a new job and getting out of town first. Then she won't be around to see any girlfriend I might happen to end up with.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Okay, so this isn't the answer to a question.

So, today at work, ESFJ girl decides that I need a girlfriend. :rolli: I just don't know how to tell her to go away, and to leave me alone about this. I want to work on getting a new job and getting out of town first. Then she won't be around to see any girlfriend I might happen to end up with.

:smile: For your ESFJ "problem". See - she is trying really hard to be helpful even if she doesn't realize you don't want any help (or do you?). ;)

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
:smile: For your ESFJ "problem". See - she is trying really hard to be helpful even if she doesn't realize you don't want any help (or do you?). ;)

I don't want help... not from her. Today she said that she used to be really quiet, and a certain friend got her to talk. Then she became addicted to it. That would explain why she does it so much, but sucks at it. When she was insisting that I need a gf, she was talking about a potential ad and tried to list things I like. She could only come up with bike riding. Actually, I haven't even been doing that, lately. It's sad that she failed to realize how much she talks to me yet hardly knows anything about me.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't want help... not from her. Today she said that she used to be really quiet, and a certain friend got her to talk. Then she became addicted to it. That would explain why she does it so much, but sucks at it. When she was insisting that I need a gf, she was talking about a potential ad and tried to list things I like. She could only come up with bike riding. Actually, I haven't even been doing that, lately. It's sad that she failed to realize how much she talks to me yet hardly knows anything about me.

She is trying to be friendly to you in a way she knows best! You are so different that her way annoys you and she probably wonders why you are annoyed when she tries only to be friendly. ;)

INTP's are really good in "hiding" their selves and their thoughts if they want to. (My sister is INTP so I have over 30 years experience of it :D.)

I talk a lot too and people do know stuff about me and my family but that doesn't mean that they really know me and who I am as a person. So letting somebody know ordinary stuff from you doesn't reveal your true self to others (I think so anyway).

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
She is trying to be friendly to you in a way she knows best! You are so different that her way annoys you and she probably wonders why you are annoyed when she tries only to be friendly. ;)

INTP's are really good in "hiding" their selves and their thoughts if they want to. (My sister is INTP so I have over 30 years experience of it :D.)

I talk a lot too and people do know stuff about me and my family but that doesn't mean that they really know me and who I am as a person. So letting somebody know ordinary stuff from you doesn't reveal your true self to others (I think so anyway).

She doesn't know much ordinary stuff or deep, personal stuff, but maybe that's cause I'm not self-revealing with her.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Today is the biggest day of the year for floral departments nationwide. This is the one time the grocery store I work for tries to throw other workers in the floral deptartment to help out. Also, the dairy cooler ends up full of roses cause they don't have a big enough fridge anywhere else to contain them.

It is my desire to repudiate Christian-labeled pagan holidays as much as possible.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I also noticed one year that sales of whipped cream were abnormally high on V-day. :thelook: