Thread: Ask Me Anything

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    ... One day a mustard seed came into the world, and after many, many years of growth it became a huge tree for the birds of the air to rest in (you might recognize this as a parable of Jesus).

The tree represents Christianity...
    A small wording quibble -- it specifically represents the "Kingdom of God." Which is basically the community/relational network in which the "rules of the kingdom" rather than the laws of the "old man" guide relationship. (iow, the law of love.) Sometimes when people read "Christianity," they just think about the theology, rather than the organic active interrelationships that Christianity actually describe... so i just wanted to clarify.

Thank you for sharing so much in your post. It was wonderful, and (to me) dead-on.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    A small wording quibble -- it specifically represents the "Kingdom of God." Which is basically the community/relational network in which the "rules of the kingdom" rather than the laws of the "old man" guide relationship. (iow, the law of love.) Sometimes when people read "Christianity," they just think about the theology, rather than the organic active interrelationships that Christianity actually describe... so i just wanted to clarify.

Thank you for sharing so much in your post. It was wonderful, and (to me) dead-on.
    Hmm, well I come from a certain background where "Christianity" is used in a negative sense to refer to a big "system of error" that took over and screwed things up in too many ways to list. Even if I list them (assuming they're true), most people won't even accept them because they're too deeply invested in the system of error.

I'm glad someone liked what I had to say.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default This will work as my blog for now.

Okay, so this isn't the answer to a question.

So, today at work, ESFJ girl decides that I need a girlfriend. :rolli: I just don't know how to tell her to go away, and to leave me alone about this. I want to work on getting a new job and getting out of town first. Then she won't be around to see any girlfriend I might happen to end up with.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Okay, so this isn't the answer to a question.

So, today at work, ESFJ girl decides that I need a girlfriend. :rolli: I just don't know how to tell her to go away, and to leave me alone about this. I want to work on getting a new job and getting out of town first. Then she won't be around to see any girlfriend I might happen to end up with.
    For your ESFJ "problem". See - she is trying really hard to be helpful even if she doesn't realize you don't want any help (or do you?).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    For your ESFJ "problem". See - she is trying really hard to be helpful even if she doesn't realize you don't want any help (or do you?).
    I don't want help... not from her. Today she said that she used to be really quiet, and a certain friend got her to talk. Then she became addicted to it. That would explain why she does it so much, but sucks at it. When she was insisting that I need a gf, she was talking about a potential ad and tried to list things I like. She could only come up with bike riding. Actually, I haven't even been doing that, lately. It's sad that she failed to realize how much she talks to me yet hardly knows anything about me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I don't want help... not from her. Today she said that she used to be really quiet, and a certain friend got her to talk. Then she became addicted to it. That would explain why she does it so much, but sucks at it. When she was insisting that I need a gf, she was talking about a potential ad and tried to list things I like. She could only come up with bike riding. Actually, I haven't even been doing that, lately. It's sad that she failed to realize how much she talks to me yet hardly knows anything about me.
    She is trying to be friendly to you in a way she knows best! You are so different that her way annoys you and she probably wonders why you are annoyed when she tries only to be friendly.

INTP's are really good in "hiding" their selves and their thoughts if they want to. (My sister is INTP so I have over 30 years experience of it .)

I talk a lot too and people do know stuff about me and my family but that doesn't mean that they really know me and who I am as a person. So letting somebody know ordinary stuff from you doesn't reveal your true self to others (I think so anyway).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    She is trying to be friendly to you in a way she knows best! You are so different that her way annoys you and she probably wonders why you are annoyed when she tries only to be friendly.

INTP's are really good in "hiding" their selves and their thoughts if they want to. (My sister is INTP so I have over 30 years experience of it .)

I talk a lot too and people do know stuff about me and my family but that doesn't mean that they really know me and who I am as a person. So letting somebody know ordinary stuff from you doesn't reveal your true self to others (I think so anyway).
    She doesn't know much ordinary stuff or deep, personal stuff, but maybe that's cause I'm not self-revealing with her.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Today is the biggest day of the year for floral departments nationwide. This is the one time the grocery store I work for tries to throw other workers in the floral deptartment to help out. Also, the dairy cooler ends up full of roses cause they don't have a big enough fridge anywhere else to contain them.

It is my desire to repudiate Christian-labeled pagan holidays as much as possible.

MBTI
    INFP

Right on.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I also noticed one year that sales of whipped cream were abnormally high on V-day.