• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Cognitive Function Results - INTPs

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got ENTP and ISTP as the alternates, because I tested kind of high on Se. I've been working on developing that, though, through studying music and dance. I'm trying to be more in the moment and less spacey, but let's face it, I'll always be a bit spacey. I like feeling a bit more balanced, though.

I got ENTP as an alternative but I was surprised that I was so low on Se. Like you, I've worked on developing it. Music, dance, concentrating on actually enjoying the taste, smell, and textures of food and wine...

It's hard, though because my mind is constantly 'future casting' or going 'next!'. Ah well...

Surprised about the low Fe, too. But I am confused about that. How is one supposed to decide between an internal thought or impulse versus an external act? I will feel one way but act in another. After many years of watching some unhealthy ESFJs in action, I tend to be rather ruthless about containing my feelings...even though I may be torn up on the inside.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Those are odd results and I'm not sure how it came up with the type list that it did.

It considers more than just primary/secondary function. The three highest are the three highest expected in INTP, albeit in a different order. I can see that the scores for types are probably rather close though. ENFP and STJ can't be too far off.

KilgoreTrout

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I literally laughed out loud when I read the result for the "Extroverted Thinking." It clearly illustrates why I have a reputation for being a bit...flighty.

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.3)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************** (14.6)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.7)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************* (49.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.9)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42.1)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Theorist; secondly Improviser; then Catalyst; and lastly, Stabilizer.

dorcus0

MBTI Type
INTP
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.7)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.7)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.6)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************************** (43)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.9)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************** (14.3)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.6)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or ISTJ

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
After reading over this thread, I've found the Fi usage of INTPs well over "unused" Fe interesting. What can explain this? This test chalked my Fi pretty high, just for the record.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

After reading over this thread, I've found the Fi usage of INTPs well over "unused" Fe interesting. What can explain this? This test chalked my Fi pretty high, just for the record.

I feel like after time Ti mixed with Fe creates a personal value set, though not indestructible it gives a starting point for the INTP to create their own. They filtered through all of society figuring out which were the most logical rules to follow by, so the list may be small, but strong because of Ti's belief that it picked the most universal of rules to follow.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.2)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.8)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************** (22.9)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.6)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************************** (42.1)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.1)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************** (23.1)
limited use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ESTP

Looky here. Another Fancy Hybrid (tm) like myself.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like after time Ti mixed with Fe creates a personal value set, though not indestructible it gives a starting point for the INTP to create their own. They filtered through all of society figuring out which were the most logical rules to follow by, so the list may be small, but strong because of Ti's belief that it picked the most universal of rules to follow.

Is that what this is then? The results with the Fi confused the heck out of me. I thought I didn't understand or answer the questions correctly until I saw the scores of some of the others.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Does that seem like something you did in order to get your value system? That'd be the quickest way to find out if I'm right.

KilgoreTrout

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I have done this, in a way, but it is constantly evolving due in part the extroverted intuition. I am always trying to weigh things against my values to ensure that I have reached the proper conclusion (proper to me, anyways). The values that I am set on, I am dead set and nothing can really change my mind unless there is a strong argument and evidence supporting it.

My extroverted feeling was scored as "unused" and my introverted feel was scored as "excellent use" and I definitely agree with this finding. My nickname among my friends is the Ice Queen because I am not outwardly emotive. My emotions are strong, I suppose, but it takes me quite a while to sort through them and export them as something I find logical. I don't discount feelings (especially in others) but I find them to be fleeting and, therefore, unreliable. I have a problem with this and I more often than not will let an emotion I am experiencing marinate until I can figure out the cause.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Good ole' Ne won't let you have a constant set of values, just ones that will help you evolve into the next highest form of sentient being. Whatever that may be. ENTP

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does that seem like something you did in order to get your value system? That'd be the quickest way to find out if I'm right.

"I think so..." she replies slowly, unsure.

I am aware of having a set of personal values that some people share and some do not. I don't see them as tools of harmony or disharmony, though. They have relevance through my experiences and what I feel as 'what works' and what does 'not work'...

...yeah, RR--I think you're right!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Well, you're the first concrete example! Now onto a wonderfully greater sample size!

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.1) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.2) unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************************(45.4) excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.8) average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.8) good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************* (49.4) excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************** (15.2) unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.1) excellent use

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Just. No. Only psychopaths establish their values solely on the basis of logic/expediency. Values are largely allogical. They are felt.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Perhaps then this is their way of weeding out the values that they find useless. Allowing them to focus on the feelings that they believe are the most important.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just. No. Only psychopaths establish their values solely on the basis of logic/expediency. Values are largely allogical. They are felt.

Though I do feel my values, I wouldn't go as far as saying that they are allogical. I would say that my values are a type of logic where the root of it is human decency.

Does this way of valuing mean that my Fi isn't as high as this test indicates?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It's a value system. I'd say that would indicate Fi. My thought was that this is how we decide what to believe in, or what to continue to believe in. That brings up the point about stacking theory again. Don't try to conform to the type, that's my biggest problem. If you have a high value count (Fi) this doesn't mean they overrule your need to analyze all information equally it just means you have created more to consider when making a choice.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.3)
average use

introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.8)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.2)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.7)
limited use

extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.8)
average use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************* (49.6)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********** (10.7)
unused

introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.9)
good use

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.2)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.1)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************** (46.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.8)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.1)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (45.5)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) * (1.8)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47.4)
excellent use

I think there's definitely a pattern of preference for Fi over Fe in INTPs. But I'm probably more accurately an INxP or JiNe anyway. I also noticed that many INTPs score low on Si, our tertiary. I've always had a pretty strong Si and went into the dominant/tertiary Ti/Si loop several times in my life. I think the infamous external disorganization and perpetual lateness in INTPs (or at least in my case) is due more to preference for Ti over Te. Si doesn't really have much to do with external organization, being introverted. In fact, I think my Te should be much lower than the test thinks it is. I definitely identify more with the "attitude" or orientation of a function rather than it's letter preference, e.g. I prefer introversion in everything but intuition, the introverted orientation of which I don't really understand. Seriously, the questions concerning Ni make it sound really flaky and overly mystical. I don't know how anyone could strongly agree with some of those questions...