First 678910 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Looks like we've got an INTP who fits closer to the Beebe/Beren model.
    I thought it was amusing that most of the INTPs have ENTP or INFP as the alternates; I have ENTP and INFJ. But... not much surprise there, I was raised by a horde of ISFJs.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I thought it was amusing that most of the INTPs have ENTP or INFP as the alternates; I have ENTP and INFJ. But... not much surprise there, I was raised by a horde of ISFJs.
    somehow, whether based on prejudice or a tinted view of gender and type, the cluster seems to include INFP & ENTP and where the gender difference seems to exist is with the fourth where for females it is more likely than not INFJ, whereas for males its likely more INTJ than not. The male side, the 4th in the cluster being INTJ, I can say from personal introspection of sorts and observation/similarity based on observer's inputs; whereas for females its based on seeing the frequency of INFJ females sometimes considering they might be INTP & vice versa sometimes too.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

It's because you have much more Fe than the average INTP. You are an anomaly! *makes sign of the cross*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

I can relate alot. I see myself as a hermitic humanist (no doctrines included). I do relate more to Fe in my day to day life more than Fi. The big questions of who I am and if what I do is coherent with my self image is driven from a desire to understand and relate to my surroundings via Ti with a stint of Fe. Fe helps to keep my ego down.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.5)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.3)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.3)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.4)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.2)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.3)
    good use

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I probably have as much Fe as the next person. I just don't use it. :>
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

*ding dong*

MBTI
    INTP

I got ENTP and ISTP as the alternates, because I tested kind of high on Se. I've been working on developing that, though, through studying music and dance. I'm trying to be more in the moment and less spacey, but let's face it, I'll always be a bit spacey. I like feeling a bit more balanced, though.
    Something Witty

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm surprised there aren't more ISTP alternates. It probably has to do with the general failure of this forum to attract Se.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It's because you have much more Fe than the average INTP. You are an anomaly! *makes sign of the cross*
    arrrg! It burns! It burns!

*turns into a vampire hedgehog and scurries away*
    ^^ see, I can't even transform right.

Quote Originally Posted by chi'xer
    ]somehow, whether based on prejudice or a tinted view of gender and type, the cluster seems to include INFP & ENTP and where the gender difference seems to exist is with the fourth where for females it is more likely than not INFJ, whereas for males its likely more INTJ than not. The male side, the 4th in the cluster being INTJ, I can say from personal introspection of sorts and observation/similarity based on observer's inputs; whereas for females its based on seeing the frequency of INFJ females sometimes considering they might be INTP & vice versa sometimes too.
    Well, for me, I think it's definitely based on my higher Fe scores, like Salome says... Despite going through all my kneejerk reactions against Fe oppression and ESFJ manipulations as a teen and young adult, I still absorbed the skill as useful and as "normal" growing up, and since I feel like it has taken me years to develop a more organic social interaction with people, the Fe framework gave me something to go with in the meanwhile... kind of a crutch, a system of rules I could delineate and then follow... and at this point I can see how to use it to achieve various goals not as easily achieved through other means.

But even now, when I'm actively acting within that framework, I'll go to say something that I know exemplifies the script but then choose to tone it down because it's just too much for my other sensibilities. So it's interesting to view inferior functions in terms of how they are used as tools rather than as core approach -- the primary/secondary is still holding the reins.

To get back more to your point, I can see where gender might have played into choosing an Fe vs a Te secondary. Everything in that square is basically introverted, with ENTP having some introverted qualities. I would say INJ is a pretty introverted type altogether, and they've simply flavored the extroversion function with male/female socialization leanings. But I'll have to think about it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I got ENTP and ISTP as the alternates, because I tested kind of high on Se. I've been working on developing that, though, through studying music and dance. I'm trying to be more in the moment and less spacey, but let's face it, I'll always be a bit spacey. I like feeling a bit more balanced, though.
    Same here, I'm always gonna have that slight "spacey" thing too, I can't quite lock in.

I find I drop into an Se mode most when I'm forced to simply do something in real-time and don't have time to think. Ironically, my most current experience (IMO) is playing Need for Speed on my computer; I'm actually really good at it, I don't have time to think.... I go into complete immersion mode and am just responding to everything around me, and all my senses are keyed up. I'm not even thinking, and then acting; I am just acting.

But in less pressing situations where I don't have data coming at me non-stop, I have a lot of trouble making myself just observe. it basically has to be goal-focused.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft