User Tag List

First 56789 Last

A window to the soul

I just retook the test and I still get ENTP. I fully understood each question. I don't have time right now to get on my soapbox about this, but I insist I'm not extraverted; as I said earlier, I only play one on TV. I don't buy into the popular concept that dominant Ne cognitive function makes someone extraverted. The definition of extraversion is that one gains energy around people; I do not. I'm pretty good at extraverting one-on-one or with small groups of people, but it's draining and I'm extremely shy when put on the spot or in the spotlight to speak. The MBTI INTP description fits me best; marginal INFP, yes (by MBTI description); marginal ENTP, maybe (by MBTI description). I do not identify with the MBTI ENFP description.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******* (20.9) limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********* (22.7) limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (49.4) excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (31.2) good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (38.1) excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (35.2) good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******* (20.8) limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********* (22.1) limited use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ENFP

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Today's result:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.3)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.5)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************* (25.9)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************** (32.2)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********** (11.2)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.4)
    good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Result from last July

extraverted Sensing (Se) (19.6)
    limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) (32.9)
    good use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (40.9)
    excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) (30.4)
    good use

extraverted Thinking (Te) (24.5)
    average use

introverted Thinking (Ti) (30.8)
    good use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) (21.8)
    limited use

introverted Feeling (Fi) (39.7)
    excellent use

Sell the Fe! Invest in Ne!
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    I must retake this.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************ (27.8) average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************* (28.8) average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (50.4) excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************* (28.3) average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********** (26.8) average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************** (30.1) good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********** (26.3) average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******* (22.1) limited use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ENFP
    I just retook the test and I still get ENTP. I fully understood each question. I don't have time right now to get on my soapbox about this, but I insist I'm not extraverted; as I said earlier, I only play one on TV. I don't buy into the popular concept that dominant Ne cognitive function makes someone extraverted. The definition of extraversion is that one gains energy around people; I do not. I'm pretty good at extraverting one-on-one or with small groups of people, but it's draining and I'm extremely shy when put on the spot or in the spotlight to speak. The MBTI INTP description fits me best; marginal INFP, yes (by MBTI description); marginal ENTP, maybe (by MBTI description). I do not identify with the MBTI ENFP description.

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (49.4) excellent use
    I agree that there are some cases where someone can be Xe-dominant, but overall prefers introversion. There are some where a person is Xe dominant and refuses to be considered extraverted because they are shy or like being alone. A couple of introvert-like traits do not make an introvert, it is only taking into account one's dominant mode of thinking and looking at all the aspects of the I/E divide, that can determine it.
    Truly Ne-dominant INTPs are not impossible, but they are odd. But in fact your pattern is pretty odd overall. The Ti is quite low by INTP standards and you have no function as an obvious weakness.
    Since you seem very experienced with typology and you say that the INTP description fits the best, I'm going to guess that you are one of those who is in that gap where MBTI by cognitive functions and MBTI by dichotomy/description didn't quite connect. Unless there is something that you need to research further, I blame this on the many imperfections of typology.
    For further research and explanation, find an expert, for I am not...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IT

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

This has happened to me before. It means you're not thinking. Hopefully its just temporary.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by mysavior View Post
    This has happened to me before. It means you're not thinking. Hopefully its just temporary.
    ^ I can't answer the test questions any differently than I did. I am what I am. A seemingly type-less, multi-faceted, loner nerd girl.

MBTI
    INTP

PG, it's been my experience that quite a few ENTPs see themselves as introverts because ENTPs tend to do a lot of solitary projects and aren't obviously into people. FWIW, you don't really vibe like a typical INTP; but that is probably because Ti doesn't seem to be dominant for you. When I spent some time with an ENTP guy who thought he was INTP, it kept throwing me off because he was so Ne driven that he came off odd for an INTP. For an ENTP, he seemed normal. For an INTP, he seemed a bit crazy. I always got more of an INFP vibe from you, though.
    Something Witty

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I have been quite insistent in the past that I wasn't an E.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I also started to have mixed results after taking my Type test. Don't know if its an INTP thing or a me-thing. But started to over think things and got confused on what i would do v.s. what i would want to to. But i am new to this stuff. Everyone else seems like that can pick out anyone's type just by looking at them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IT

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    PG, it's been my experience that quite a few ENTPs see themselves as introverts because ENTPs tend to do a lot of solitary projects and aren't obviously into people. FWIW, you don't really vibe like a typical INTP; but that is probably because Ti doesn't seem to be dominant for you. When I spent some time with an ENTP guy who thought he was INTP, it kept throwing me off because he was so Ne driven that he came off odd for an INTP. For an ENTP, he seemed normal. For an INTP, he seemed a bit crazy. I always got more of an INFP vibe from you, though.
    Yes, on the INFP vibe.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I have been quite insistent in the past that I wasn't an E.
    I am still quite insistant, regardless of how many people accuse me of having a loud voice, or being E due to talking more than them in (one-one) conversation, or smiling too much. (since when does smiling make one an E anyway?)

For me ENTPs tend to bring out the "Ne" (as you might call it - that crazy humor that ENTPs have) in me, but I think I am different on my own.

As far as the type function test goes, these tests haven't been objective for me for a long time (indoctrinated at an early age).