User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

So do you think you're getting a false positive on Te and Ni too? Or are those ones correct?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm actually pretty sure those are right. I'll never prefer Te and Ni over Ti-Ne though, they only get so high simply because they're in isolation. Same thing happens on that MMDI test for me, when they split the functions into dichotomies. They ask you, "Ni or Se, Fi or Te" and since I obviously prefer intuitive introspection over concrete action and interpretation, my Ni score gets jacked up when it really shouldn't.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

But shouldn't that effect be lesser on this test, since it doesn't split the functions into dichotomies?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

People shouldn't take tests when they know too much theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I've always tested the same: before I knew about the theory, and after I knew about the theory.

I know what you mean, though: they might taint their own results.

But if they can manage to answer honestly even after learning the theory, their results can still come out accurately.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Me too. Even when I try not to!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    But shouldn't that effect be lesser on this test, since it doesn't split the functions into dichotomies?
    Yeah I'm still shaking off morning fuzz so I'm not making much sense. In a test like this, where functional expression is not artificially limited by the test for choosing other functions, I'll get high "use" scores simply because I identify with both orientations of my dominant functions to some degree. I identify with the Ti the most, but the "language" of Te for me is easy to adopt simply because it's still impersonal evaluation, the criteria is just different. Same with Ni, though I sort of agree with Magic in that a lot of the mystical connotations are off putting and I'd think you'd have to be an idiot to trust a Ni evaluation on it's own without any sort of judgment check But that's because I don't have a lifetime of experience using it dominantly. If, for example, the test asked me to choose between Ti vs Te and Ni vs Ne, my scores for my shadow functions would plummet.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    People shouldn't take tests when they know too much theory.
    This too. If you're trying to derive a pattern out of these, you might want to discard mine.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie
    This too. If you're trying to derive a pattern out of these, you might want to discard mine.
    It just so happens that I like anomalies.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yeah I'm still shaking off morning fuzz so I'm not making much sense. In a test like this, where functional expression is not artificially limited by the test for choosing other functions, I'll get high "use" scores simply because I identify with both orientations of my dominant functions to some degree. I identify with the Ti the most, but the "language" of Te for me is easy to adopt simply because it's still impersonal evaluation, the criteria is just different. Same with Ni, though I sort of agree with Magic in that a lot of the mystical connotations are off putting and I'd think you'd have to be an idiot to trust a Ni evaluation on it's own without any sort of judgment check But that's because I don't have a lifetime of experience using it dominantly. If, for example, the test asked me to choose between Ti vs Te and Ni vs Ne, my scores for my shadow functions would plummet.
    I read somewhere a description of INTJs as a strange blend of empiricism and mysticism.

I think your guys' need for specific definitions causes Ni to taste off-putting to you, as it tends to be more visually, spatially, and temporally oriented, and less linguistically and definitionally oriented (like Ti).

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I just like to look at as many of them as I can (the more empirical evidence the better), make my observations, form hypotheses, ask questions and conduct experiments, and then do it again.

With some you learn more, with some you learn less; some you trust more, some you trust less...

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It just so happens that I like anomalies.
    Ditto.

Unless she was flirting...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think your guys' need for specific definitions causes Ni to taste off-putting to you, as it tends to be more visually, spatially, and temporally oriented, and less linguistically and definitionally oriented (like Ti).
    You're looking at Ti through a Te lens. (naturally!)
    It might be expressed linguistically or in some other formal notation - but that's not how it's experienced internally.

Unless she was flirting...

Lol. Is that how INTJs flirt?
    I find your function clusters anomalously attractive. *wiggles monobrow*