User Tag List

First 12345 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

My observation of the results in each of these threads is that Fe seems oddly low.

Also, while Ne types seem to have lots of Ne, Se types frequently seem to scoring about as low as is possible on Se while still maintaining their type (though I always knew that Se was scarce here).
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    My observation of the results in each of these threads is that Fe seems oddly low.

Also, while Ne types seem to have lots of Ne, Se types frequently seem to scoring about as low as is possible on Se while still maintaining their type (though I always knew that Se was scarce here).
    A lot of the Pe-doms are actually registering high in both Se and Ne.

I'm not sure whether there' s a problem with the test, or whether Pe functions are just easier to switch between when in the "dominant".

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    In order:
    Ti (48) excellent use
    Ne (43.9) excellent use
    Ni (43.1) excellent use
    Fe (27.9) average use
    Te (25.6) average use
    Si (21.4) limited use
    Fi (20.3) limited use
    Se (10.4) unused
    Looks like we've got an INTP who fits closer to the Beebe/Beren model.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    A lot of the Pe-doms are actually registering high in both Se and Ne.

I'm not sure whether there' s a problem with the test, or whether Pe functions are just easier to switch between when in the "dominant".
    People may be drawn to cognitive process descriptions that have the same "attitude" (introverted or extroverted). This is why Pe types will sometimes identify to a degree with both Pe descriptions, even though one that is not their preferred P function. The same is true for the other processes. For example, I test relatively high on Ti, but I really think that as a Fi-dom, its identification with Ji.

Sometimes, people do the opposite; they identify with the function over the attitude, so if they are an F, they'll test high on both the F functions and low on both the T functions, regardless of their preferred function's attitude. Using myself again, I test high on Ni, but I really think its just an identification with iNtuition, period.

That's why these tests are not a good way to really measure what functions you use a lot or well, or your order of preference. I think they are good for confirming your type though, and there does seem to be some patterns in how types test (even if contrary to expected type function orders).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

extraverted Sensing (Se) **************** (16.8)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.7)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.1)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.8)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.8)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.1)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********* (9.7)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.8)
    excellent use

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************** (46.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.7)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.6)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.1)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.3)
    average use
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.6)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21.2)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********* (9)
    unused
    I scored INFP? That's a first. You can check to see the discrepancy between this cognitive function test and another one I took which listed the functions in my sig. (I don't remember which test it was...sorry.)

I took the test just going with my first instinct on most questions because I didn't feel like taking an hour to differentiate between the semantic meaning of the questions vs. what they wanted them to mean.

Although, I will say that lately I've been giving more credence to Ne when it comes to the decision-making process.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

what i scored was slightly different from what i remember scoring last time which was a year or two ago. Ti, Ne and Ni have remained my best used functions. apparently. My Fi score is alot higher this time, last time it was near rock bottom, where Fe will always lay.
    I'm conscious of always trying to develop Te and valuing it, and this time, its apparent usage increased.
    last time my Ne surpased my Ti. they're pretty close anyway.

excellent:
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************** (50.1)
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48.8)
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.6)

good:
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (31.9)

limited:
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************** (22.2)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.5)
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.3)

unused:
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******** (8)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.3)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.3)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************ (36.4)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************* (26)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.8)
    limited use
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.4)
    unused

(Wow, I'm becoming dangerously close to an INxP... but I highly doubt the Fi is ever going to fully overtake the Ti... I'm always stubbornly Ti-Ne-something, well except for that weird time when I was Ne-Ti. I think those who know me would laugh if I suggested I was an extravert in any sense of the word. Also note the 'excellent' Te and average Si)

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It's almost universally true (assuming these tests measure what they purport to measure) that INTPs have more access to Fi than Fe. I.e. the data provides stronger support for Lenore Thomson's model than Beebe's/Beren's.
    I don't know much about these models, but my hypothesis is that INTPs are generally going to have stronger Fi than Fe because INTP is way closer to IxFP than to ExFJ. In particular, there are going to be some INTPs who are going to be borderline on the T/F but very few who are borderline ExFJs.

MBTI
    INTP

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.4)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.5)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************************** (47.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.3)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (45.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.2)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.4)
    average use

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    People may be drawn to cognitive process descriptions that have the same "attitude" (introverted or extroverted). This is why Pe types will sometimes identify to a degree with both Pe descriptions, even though one that is not their preferred P function. The same is true for the other processes. For example, I test relatively high on Ti, but I really think that as a Fi-dom, its identification with Ji.

Sometimes, people do the opposite; they identify with the function over the attitude, so if they are an F, they'll test high on both the F functions and low on both the T functions, regardless of their preferred function's attitude. Using myself again, I test high on Ni, but I really think its just an identification with iNtuition, period.

That's why these tests are not a good way to really measure what functions you use a lot or well, or your order of preference. I think they are good for confirming your type though, and there does seem to be some patterns in how types test (even if contrary to expected type function orders).
    So you're suggesting that people are "drawn to" a function but that this doesn't indicate a preference?

I'm tempted to say "does not compute", but I know how you hate that.

If the test isn't efective at establishing relative strength of preference for each function then it can't be relied upon to establish type (i.e. top 2).
    If it's a reliable test of type (order of top 2), then there is no basis for concluding that the rest of the order is somehow invalid or inaccurate.

If I am "drawn" to idiosyncratic expresssion of values(Fi), why would I behave in a way that is group-norm directed(Fe)? This makes no sense.

One's inferior function is the opposite of one's dominant function. Inferior = unused, undifferentiated, undeveloped. The test results (the individual's self-perception) support this in the majority of cases. So what's the problem? And what would be a good way of measuring one's preference, given that you think answering questions about it is not a good way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.3)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.3)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42.3)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.1)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************* (43.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************************** (47.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******** (8.8)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************* (19.1)
    limited use
    Fi should probably test higher but I know when it's asking for Fi, and since I know the question's appeal is just Ji appeal I make adjustments. I suppose that invalidates my score. But alas. Somewhat of an explanation below"

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1418226