• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Cognitive Function Results - INTPs

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A single incidence of a "confusing result" says more about taker (or interpreter ) than test.

Indeed. Interpretation is not the crutch of society, it is the wound for which we need the crutch.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually I'd say there's a good chance of INxJ based on these results.... the auxiliaries are a bit muddied but if I had to guess I'd say INFJ.

Only I thought I was INTP. Ive received INTJ and INFJ (once) on certain tests though.

A single incidence of a "confusing result" says more about taker (or interpreter ) than test.

Well screw you too buddy!

But seriously you are right, a uncommon, odd result is not a good reason to undermine the whole test. Even if the result is mine. :happy2:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well screw you too buddy!

But seriously you are right, a uncommon, odd result is not a good reason to undermine the whole test. Even if the result is mine. :happy2:
Tests cannot really be "undermined" by their results, but test results can and do undermine theory (that discrete types exist, with identical function orders). Indeed, how else are theories put to the "test"? It seems every MBTI type test undermines this theory, so this one isn't special in that regard.

Of course there are people who prefer to call a test bullshit rather than call a theory bullshit. We call those people "deluded" and we don't need tests to type them.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tests cannot really be "undermined" by their results, but test results can and do undermine theory (that discrete types exist, with identical function orders). Indeed, how else are theories put to the "test"? It seems every MBTI type test undermines this theory, so this one isn't special in that regard.

Of course there are people who prefer to call a test bullshit rather than call a theory bullshit. We call those people "deluded" and we don't need tests to type them.

If a test result disagrees with our predictions it is either because the test is wrong (and our theory is still right) or the theory is wrong (as our test is right). As long as you agree that some tests are going to be faulty due to human error, you agree there are two options here rather than one.

Testing of the tests we use is a huge part of peer review and the scientific process. Everybody knows a test can be faulty by, say, not accounting for all variables.

Im not saying the test or theory is false or true in this instance.