User Tag List

First 3111213

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    A single incidence of a "confusing result" says more about taker (or interpreter ) than test.
    Indeed. Interpretation is not the crutch of society, it is the wound for which we need the crutch.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Actually I'd say there's a good chance of INxJ based on these results.... the auxiliaries are a bit muddied but if I had to guess I'd say INFJ.
    Only I thought I was INTP. Ive received INTJ and INFJ (once) on certain tests though.

A single incidence of a "confusing result" says more about taker (or interpreter ) than test.
    Well screw you too buddy!

But seriously you are right, a uncommon, odd result is not a good reason to undermine the whole test. Even if the result is mine.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Eruca View Post
    Well screw you too buddy!

But seriously you are right, a uncommon, odd result is not a good reason to undermine the whole test. Even if the result is mine.
    Tests cannot really be "undermined" by their results, but test results can and do undermine theory (that discrete types exist, with identical function orders). Indeed, how else are theories put to the "test"? It seems every MBTI type test undermines this theory, so this one isn't special in that regard.

Of course there are people who prefer to call a test bullshit rather than call a theory bullshit. We call those people "deluded" and we don't need tests to type them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Tests cannot really be "undermined" by their results, but test results can and do undermine theory (that discrete types exist, with identical function orders). Indeed, how else are theories put to the "test"? It seems every MBTI type test undermines this theory, so this one isn't special in that regard.

Of course there are people who prefer to call a test bullshit rather than call a theory bullshit. We call those people "deluded" and we don't need tests to type them.
    If a test result disagrees with our predictions it is either because the test is wrong (and our theory is still right) or the theory is wrong (as our test is right). As long as you agree that some tests are going to be faulty due to human error, you agree there are two options here rather than one.

Testing of the tests we use is a huge part of peer review and the scientific process. Everybody knows a test can be faulty by, say, not accounting for all variables.

Im not saying the test or theory is false or true in this instance.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump