User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

Well, it has been a while since I took something like this, so I thought it would be interesting to see my latest.

I sorted the functions by strength, so that it would be easier to see the pattern.

introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************** (44.1)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.1)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.9)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.9)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.7)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.8)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (20.6)
    limited use
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.9)
    limited use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INTJ

-----
    Well, it seems my processes aren't fitting well with any model.

However, I do believe in all the cognitive process models, the relationships and relative strengths are acknowledged to be dynamic (though, I have no idea how you can make something dynamic like this testable).

As far as the Fe, Fi thing. I can see it both ways.

I do think I am more comfortable with Fi than Fe, and that the Si-Fe combo is kinda on the "other side" of things for me--like Lenore Thompson suggested.

However, I can see Fi as "trasnformative" and Fe being "aspirational"--like Linda Berens suggested.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Wow... two INTPs with low Ni scores complaining about the Ni prompts... what a surprise... :rolleyes2:
    I dunno, I think this test's questions are pretty flawed, too. It clearly conflates personal goals with a value system, which are vastly different things, and its Ni "prompts" (good word choice) sound like new-agey nonsense.

In fairness, though, "intuition" is supposed to be the function most closely related to the subconscious, and even professional psychologists and researchers can't arrive at a consistent definition of the subconscious; it's not surprising that attempts to describe how it manifests itself wind up ambiguous.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.2)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.5)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.6)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.4)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.6)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.3)
    good use
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Eruca View Post
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.2)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.5)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.6)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.4)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.6)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.3)
    good use
    Extremely confusing results like this are evidence in favor of this test being bullshit.

People take random qualitities and assign them to a function to bitch about.

Even though Nardi has empirically proved functions to be a reality via EEG, his methods (other random people included) of identification without technology seem rather weak.

MBTI
    INTP

Your Cognitive Development Profile
    The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.6)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.1)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.8)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.9)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************************* (45.3)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************** **** (54.3)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.7)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****** (6.1)
    unused

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INTJ

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Extremely confusing results like this are evidence in favor of this test being bullshit.

People take random qualitities and assign them to a function to bitch about.

Even though Nardi has empirically proved functions to be a reality via EEG, his methods (other random people included) of identification without technology seem rather weak.
    Actually I'd say there's a good chance of INxJ based on these results.... the auxiliaries are a bit muddied but if I had to guess I'd say INFJ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ajackson17 View Post
    Your Cognitive Development Profile
    The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.6)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.1)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.8)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.9)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************************* (45.3)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************** **** (54.3)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.7)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****** (6.1)
    unused

Lead (Dominant) Process

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.
    I'd say the interpretations of the results this test automatically gives isn't perfect. Yes, the closest pattern here would be INTP, but there is also a strong secondary pattern of ENTJ.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

This is the first cognative function test I took before I know anything about MBTI:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.2)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.4)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.9)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.7)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************** (44.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.2)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42.2)
    excellent use

Cominant: Ti 44.4
    Auxilliary: Ne 38.4
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    A single incidence of a "confusing result" says more about taker (or interpreter ) than test.

Even though Nardi has empirically proved functions to be a reality via EEG,
    Nonsense. He has done no such thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I'd say the interpretations of the results this test automatically gives isn't perfect. Yes, the closest pattern here would be INTP, but there is also a strong secondary pattern of ENTJ.
    No INTP would fit perfectly, I just developed those functions to better talk and get more out of people, but leadership, quick decision making and working with people and commanding them is something I don't do at all.