User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Good ole' Ne won't let you have a constant set of values, just ones that will help you evolve into the next highest form of sentient being. Whatever that may be. ENTP

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Does that seem like something you did in order to get your value system? That'd be the quickest way to find out if I'm right.
    "I think so..." she replies slowly, unsure.

I am aware of having a set of personal values that some people share and some do not. I don't see them as tools of harmony or disharmony, though. They have relevance through my experiences and what I feel as 'what works' and what does 'not work'...

...yeah, RR--I think you're right!

ReflecTcelfeR

Well, you're the first concrete example! Now onto a wonderfully greater sample size!

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.1) limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.2) unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************************(45.4 ) excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.8) average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.8) good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************* (49.4) excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************** (15.2) unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.1) excellent use
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I feel like after time Ti mixed with Fe creates a personal value set, though not indestructible it gives a starting point for the INTP to create their own. They filtered through all of society figuring out which were the most logical rules to follow by, so the list may be small, but strong because of Ti's belief that it picked the most universal of rules to follow.
    Just. No. Only psychopaths establish their values solely on the basis of logic/expediency. Values are largely allogical. They are felt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

ReflecTcelfeR

Perhaps then this is their way of weeding out the values that they find useless. Allowing them to focus on the feelings that they believe are the most important.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    Just. No. Only psychopaths establish their values solely on the basis of logic/expediency. Values are largely allogical. They are felt.
    Though I do feel my values, I wouldn't go as far as saying that they are allogical. I would say that my values are a type of logic where the root of it is human decency.

Does this way of valuing mean that my Fi isn't as high as this test indicates?

ReflecTcelfeR

It's a value system. I'd say that would indicate Fi. My thought was that this is how we decide what to believe in, or what to continue to believe in. That brings up the point about stacking theory again. Don't try to conform to the type, that's my biggest problem. If you have a high value count (Fi) this doesn't mean they overrule your need to analyze all information equally it just means you have created more to consider when making a choice.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Here.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.3)
    average use

introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.8)
    average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.2)
    excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.7)
    limited use

extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.8)
    average use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************* (49.6)
    excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********** (10.7)
    unused

introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.9)
    good use

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.2)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.1)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************** (46.7)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.8)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.1)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (45.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) * (1.8)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47.4)
    excellent use

I think there's definitely a pattern of preference for Fi over Fe in INTPs. But I'm probably more accurately an INxP or JiNe anyway. I also noticed that many INTPs score low on Si, our tertiary. I've always had a pretty strong Si and went into the dominant/tertiary Ti/Si loop several times in my life. I think the infamous external disorganization and perpetual lateness in INTPs (or at least in my case) is due more to preference for Ti over Te. Si doesn't really have much to do with external organization, being introverted. In fact, I think my Te should be much lower than the test thinks it is. I definitely identify more with the "attitude" or orientation of a function rather than it's letter preference, e.g. I prefer introversion in everything but intuition, the introverted orientation of which I don't really understand. Seriously, the questions concerning Ni make it sound really flaky and overly mystical. I don't know how anyone could strongly agree with some of those questions...
    The mind shows only what is near the heart - Elder Edda

Ti>Fi>Ne>>>Si>Te>Se>Ni>>>Fe - LII - 5w4 sp/sx 5w4-4w5-1w9
    |R|cUeI - Phlegmatic/Melancholic - Mystic - Neutral Good