• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Confused! *as usual?*

Hellz

MBTI Type
ExTP
So, I'm new to this whole . . MBTI thing! :blush:

I have been reading over the forum and have found some interesting info.

I have a couple questions:
1) Can you be more then one type? (Like moods?) :huh:
I have taken a couple (not official) MBTI tests, and 70% of the time it comes up ENTP, but on the odd occasion like a couple minutes ago, it came up ESTP or INTP?

is that just because of the certain mood I am in? or are the tests just different?

2) How do you develop your "type" ?
I have read "less developed" or The More developed? your type is can give varying traits? Is your type giving to your through Genes (DnA) or can you "change" your type through "training" of some sort!
---> I don't want to change my type, just curious?? <----

thanks for any answers you may have!

Excuse the Weird wording. :sorry:
it's 12:30am, and can't sleep!
With the New Year around the corner (literally) I want to figure :censored: out!

* :thumbup: these similes are so cuuute! *

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

is that just because of the certain mood I am in? or are the tests just different?

I have read "less developed" or The More developed? your type is can give varying traits? Is your type giving to your through Genes (DnA) or can you "change" your type through "training" of some sort!

thanks for any answers you may have!

1. Yes, you can test into more than one type, and relate to more than one equally as well (I'm like you, both an ENTP and an ESTP, but am not really able to decide which I relate to more based on functions)
Usually the tests are different. Some are better than others, some don't make any sense as to how to determine your type, and others do a pretty good job. You can find various tests looking around here, but with all the assessments and everything, in the end you are the deciding factor to what you think your type is.

2. Like you, I couldn't sleep (It's almost 7 am here :doh: ) so my answer for this one might be screwy as I fall asleep on the keyboard.

First off, I highly doubt that type is decided by genetics. People can change types throughout their lifetimes. Development is usually just fine-tuning one's own functions, as even though some would use certain functions much more than others, they might have to put some effort into bettering them or their lesser used functions.

I'd recommend reading up on functions, if you're new to them as well.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESTP :yes:

It's all about the word:emoticon ratio, well that and your acting desires.

Imo MBTI tests often have a N bias.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have a couple questions:
I have taken a couple (not official) MBTI tests, and 70% of the time it comes up ENTP, but on the odd occasion like a couple minutes ago, it came up ESTP or INTP?

Its impossible to be more than one type.

When taking the test, you may be in different "states of mind". For example, you have your work mindset, your school mindset, your home/relaxed mindset, your "going out" mindset, etc ...

You may "act" like an ENFP when you are out with your friends or at a bar, but when you come home - you msy retort to being an INFJ. That's because we all use every singe cognitive function in order to adapt to any situation.

You seem like an ESTP. With your over emphasis on the smilies and small details of your post in lieu of the subject matter, I am given the impression that you are an extroverted sensor.

You are a definite P as well. As far as T/F, I'm not sure.

So ESTP or ESFP.

However, you have only one true type. This "true type" is what your whole personality "defaults" to when you don't need to adapt, hence, its who you really are.

Developing your type just translates into being yourself more.

One thing you could do is develop the opposite dimensions of your personality.

Even though you may be an Extrovert, you do use Introversion. Developing you Introversion would be looking within more, pondering on ideas, etc...

If you are a sensor, you could develop your intuition by trusting your hunches more and trying to "connect the dots" to foresee possible outcomes.

Hellz

MBTI Type
ExTP
Tawanda, you stress the word Function? I will look into them more. Thank you!

What does "Imo" mean?

ESTP? Funny, both Kapser, and MoneyTick, have pointed out my over emphasis with the similes and the small detail. I tend to do this, especially when writing informally, so you get an idea of HOW I'm saying it.
When I read other peoples words on a screen, I take it as it is. Which sometimes leads to a complete misunderstanding, on my part. Not only that, but I sometimes struggle putting words on paper (or letters to a screen in this case) I understand that my brain functions 10x faster then what I can write or type. As for the Smiles I'm spastic like that! :)

I read over ESTP, and It doesn't seem to fit me? I know for a fact, the impression I give when writing is "weird", because I over emphasis Everything! I'm a pretty Eff'd up person, I probably have a "type" for when I write, and every other time in my life? Hahaaa!!

Thanks for all the information!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
These are the best type descriptions out there: ESTP, ENTP

Another thing to consider is Se (leading function for ESxPs) vs Ne (leading function for ENxPs): Se, Ne

And the other suggestion is to check out the style of other TypeC members to see if you resinate with any of them, a good starting point is Halla74 as a ESTP and maybe Eck as an ENTP.

Plus of course don't rule out other possibilities such as ESFP, ENFP etc if you haven't considered them.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
OK, let's figure this out.

Are you attracted to theoretical stuff? Concepts about...pretty much everything that is interesting ? Are you interested in what is DIFFERENT, deviating from the norms?

Or are you interested in more practical things. Concrete vs Abstract. The difference between S and N. And the MBTI makes the S look a little more crappy than the N. But it's not. It's pretty much a way of functioning, although the Ns get the coolers labels. "strategist" "inventor" "architect" "field marshal".
Do you jump from one idea to another? Do you have an annoying imagination?

You get the idea...in the end it doesn't matter what type you have...

Hellz

MBTI Type
ExTP
Thanks Kasper, the links were helpful. Every time I check this thread, new terms pop-up.

I've only been half-ass looking into this whole MBTI thing!! Which maybe my problem at this present moment. I don't fully understand the system yet!!

I was stalking EcK, and Halla74's posts around the forum. & I see what you mean by me being a "ESTP", Halla74 uses A LOT of Emoticons. (I'm feeling a little impatient today to rape the emoticons)

Hahaa!! Guesswho, this "figuring out" thing may take some time with me.
To answer your question, I am half and half. I enjoy learning, and doing theoretical exercises, as I am a visual learner, but I have a desperate need to carry out Practical exercises too, as I am a dominate kinesthetic learner.

As with the -Concrete vs. Abstract-, I must prefer Abstract. A different perception of the object/world! with Abstract everything is constantly changing or different, many colours and possibilities. Concrete only comes in two colours, Grey and white!
(I feel the need to paint now!)

N gets cooler labels? I thought they were just N's? or Ne's? . . gosh now there are labels as well. meh, Labels don't mean much to me.

I am a weird person, and I "thought" I knew myself well. I will figure this out, I will read over the forum some more. I feel as though I am about to go on some kind of spiritual journey! eeee.
I love to talk too. So my posts will generally be "novel-like". :) So chuck on your reading glasses, or skip my post, which ever floats your boat!

:)

rape; meaning over use! I have a dictionary of my own. I constantly abuse the English language.

Last edited:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Go ahead and rape the lil buggers, lord knows I do! :woot: