• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs and always wanting to be right. Normal?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yesssssss ! I forgot to read "females maybe less often"/
:blush: french reading....

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Is it normal to want to always be right ? Not really.

Unless of course you are an NT, in that case this is simply a part of job description.

sink

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
For me it's not so much about being right, but about finding the truth. If someone corrects me on something and can back it up, I don't mind being wrong at all. But I usually don't talk about a subject unless I have extensive information on it.

Some people might think INTP's to be particularly stubborn when we argue something, but we just dislike incorrect statements being thrown around. It's not about pride or anything petty; false information being spewed is just annoying.

Inarius

MBTI Type
ENTP
For me it's not so much about being right, but about finding the truth. If someone corrects me on something and can back it up, I don't mind being wrong at all. But I usually don't talk about a subject unless I have extensive information on it.

Some people might think INTP's to be particularly stubborn when we argue something, but we just dislike incorrect statements being thrown around. It's not about pride or anything petty; false information being spewed is just annoying.

It's more or less the same thing. I can just say that It's actually quite fun and likable to crush people when they are very loudly claiming false informations.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Wow that is exactly how I feel.

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Very, VERY normal; after all, what's the purpose of their Ti if it isn't accurate? It's a lot harder for a Ti-user to rewire the logic of their argument than a Te-user, since the logic itself is more of a personal, long-term invested effort. It's almost like Ti/Fi are a bit like Introverted Sensing in that they are a long-term entity that becomes more and more refined as its users age and gain more experience to refine their craft.