User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Although INTPs often will not budge on an frontal attack on such a frame often...such attacks nevertheless inspire the INTP to consider inefficiencies in the flanking and re-frame based on their "own" design.
    Important emphasis on "own", which includes on their "own" time and way.

But yes, frontal assault will get their backs up. And for that matter, no type likes to be assaulted or cornered.

MBTI
    INTP

I want to be right in the sense that I want my beliefs to be true. Because of this I tend to welcome assaults on what I currently hold true as they allow me to explore those beliefs further and either reject or confirm them. Because of that desire to be right, if I find my current beliefs to be illogical, then I will discard them.

I think the difference between the two conceptions of right is that one is trying to prove the universe aligns with your beliefs, and the other is trying to align your beliefs with the universe.
    "Those are my principles and if you don't like them......well, I have others"

-Groucho Marx

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

- Frederich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't need to be right- I am quite welcoming of other perspectives. What I'm not so welcoming of is when someone tells me I'm wrong in such a manner that it totally exposes my ignorance and illogicality, making me look like an incompetent idiot.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

ReflecTcelfeR

I enjoy it when I'm proven wrong (no conceit intended). Usually when I am wrong, I keep pushing my argument just a little more to see if they have thought the topic through, if they were just lucky I want us both to learn. I used to hate being wrong too. I still love like being right, but I let them know that I welcome the change. My love for debate though takes over sometimes and I will change up the argument to see how universally appliable their thoughts are, then if we need to when can adjust both of our ideas. If we won't ever agree I usually point that out, tell them I probably won't, but their beliefs are their own and I move on from the last point that we did agree on and go with a new hypothetical to take us down a new path.

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

INTP is not the one trying to be right _in my own experience.
    Maybe because I naturally feel friendly with them and love to make them at ease and have fun with them.
    In my own space and time shy people don't get a rough time around me as they can seem quite vulnerable (at least on the surface). Also INTP is not trying to judge, the ones I know until now are rather open-minded, whatever reserved they may be.

I think INTJ and ENTJ try much more to be right
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    GONE
    Enneagram
    5/6
    Socionics
    Idk None

My brother is an INTP and an ass..he seems to take more joy in trying to convince me why I was originally wrong than he is in being "right."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LII None

I like... no, I revere being right, but I can just as easily admit I'm wrong if I'm wrong. To me, it's all a part of learning and growing in this world where adaptation is a valuable asset to yourself and a relief on others.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I dont think its that much about wanting to be right(even tho it might seem like it), but more like if you are wrong, the INTPs nature of trying to correct false information kicks in and wants you to see where you are wrong. I think INTPs generally are open to be proven wrong(because of the want for false information to be corrected), but if you cant argue your point a pointless argument might arise.

@ExNinjaTropPervertie i agree, NTJs(females maybe less often and ofc not all males) are more likely trying to be right just so that everyone(or maybe not just others but themselves as well) would think that they are always right for some ego boost or what ever, while not considering that much what the other person tries to say or even considering whether they actually are right or not. I think its some undeveloped Fi thing.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes chubber liked this post

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Right, lack of Fi. But when they start feeling lonely because nobody applauses their ideas or prove there are other ways to look at the world,

they'll probably reflect about listening to others (and trusting them) a bit more

Why should women NTJ should try to be right more than men ? IS there something to do with penisneid ?
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ExNinjaTropPervertie View Post

Why should women NTJ should try to be right more than men ? IS there something to do with penisneid ?
    On the contrary, he said females might be LESS likely to show this behavior. The idea is that women are under greater social pressure to be nice and that therefor NT women tend to be more agreeable than their male counterparts.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari