User Tag List

First 12345 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

You're Se skyrocketed! So do you go by preference then? Do you prefer Ne even though you perceive with Se more?

MBTI
    ENTP

Everybody's Se is high in this test.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Everybody's Se is high in this test.
    Yeah, I've been noticing this amongst a lot of Pe doms...

Both Ne and Se being rather high...

I find it peculiar...

Not sure if it's:

1. easier to switch been the Pe functions if they're in the dominant position
    2. the test questions for these two functions are written poorly
    3. people are just misunderstanding the test questions for some reason

I could actually see there being an argument for #1...

At least for me, intuitively, the Pe functions would seem easier to switch between than some of the other functions...

It'd be like "ok, I'm 'focusing on what's in front of me', and now I'm switching to 'exploring the possibilities presented by what's in front of me'"...

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    It would be like "ok, I'm focusing on what's in front of me", and now I'm switching to "exploring the possibilities presented by what's in front of me"...
    Before you can connect the surroundings you need to know what you're working with, which brings you to the present. However this could be explained by the extraverted aspect of Ne just as well as the entire Se function, which makes me think the test may be worded strange, or most people have learned to examine their surroundings as to make appropriate connections.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Before you can connect the surroundings you need to know what you're working with, which brings you to the present. However this could be explained by the extraverted aspect of Ne just as well as the entire Se function, which makes me think the test may be worded strange, or most people have learned to examine their surroundings as to make appropriate connections.
    Agreed on both points.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Yeah, to me, they seem too similar to decipher, as one usually has to examine their surroundings before going on imagination tangents, which for the most part lead to ideas which were inspired or motivated by a realistic or tangible thing.

ReflecTcelfeR

I think the proper way to decipher Se from Ne is to figure out if you try to connect your experiences, or if you let them exist as their own entity.

MBTI
    ENTP

If the test is correct then the MBTI is wrong. If the MBTI is right the test is incorrect.

Because the tertiary function of the ENTP is Si, not Se, and the third is Fe not Fi. If the tertiary function is Si, wouldn't Se be even less present ?
    I usually don't really notice my 'surroundings' unless there's something interesting/different going on, from what would normally be going on.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You're seeing the theory break down here.

For most of the NTPs I've seen take this test, their Fi is higher than their Fe.

Shouldn't be that way according to strict MBTI function order...
    ...because everyone knows these kind of tests are totally accurate. Function tests should be used to gage what your top two (along with last) preferences are, not to determine your function order. The test told me I have more Se than Si, more Fi than Fe and more Ti than Ne but am an ENTP, personal research and introspection has told me only the conclusion is correct.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    If the test is correct then the MBTI is wrong. If the MBTI is right the test is incorrect.

Because the tertiary function of the ENTP is Si, not Se, and the third is Fe not Fi. If the tertiary function is Si, wouldn't Se be even less present ?
    I usually don't really notice my 'surroundings' unless there's something interesting/different going on, from what would normally be going on.
    From looking at different type's results, I've been noticing a general pattern:

The tertiary and inferior are often either in the third or fourth position, or they're in the 7th and 8th position.

With the NTPs, they tend to be in the 7th and 8th positions.

With the NTJs, they tend to be in the 3rd and 4th positions.

Not enough data on the other types yet, but I think tertiary/inferior Te and Si for the NFPs is often showing up in the 7th and 8th positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    ...because everyone knows these kind of tests are totally accurate. Function tests should be used to gage what your top two (along with last) preferences are, not to determine your function order. The test told me I have more Se than Si, more Fi than Fe and more Ti than Ne but am an ENTP, personal research and introspection has told me only the conclusion is correct.
    So you'd prefer to believe in the rationalistic model, despite (admittedly imperfect) empirical evidence to the contrary?

That's very NTP of you...