User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm, Fi manifests with Ti and Fe ( a sprinkling of Si too), which is confusing of itself because this, I think, should be more prevelant with I's(Ti being the dom), even further with older ones as they've had time to develop their functions. We need ages too, I suppose, to make this poll more accurate. This suggests that as E's get older they become more 'I' like.

E's don't have the consistency (inferior Si) to have stronger personal values, or theoretically they shouldn't. Enviromental factors?

MBTI
    ENTP

Ok. Let's analize : D
    32. Help make people feel comfortable by engaging in hosting and care-taking. (Fe)
    Care taking????
    When I hear of care taking, I think of taking care of sick people, old people, unhappy people.. or whatever..people who need others to take care of them.
    Hosting?
    Like making sure everybody is comfortable and happy at some event?

What kind of ENTP would answer "exactly me" to this?

41. Merge and feel intimate oneness with other people. (Fi)
    Who wouldn't answer yes to this?

It's because of the questions....

ReflecTcelfeR

9. Compassionately take on someone else's needs as your own.

17. Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

34. Readily communicate personally to all members of a group to feel unity.

These are worded rather weirdly. "Compassionately" could probably change, "usually" sounds restrictive like you can't answer 'like me' without always following the rules. This last one isn't too bad, but once again "Readily" is kind of dramatic too... However I think if you could pick different words to pick in those spots and then answer it like that it might help the score.

The merging question. Did you answer because that's what you want to be able to do, or because you actually do it?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    32. Help make people feel comfortable by engaging in hosting and care-taking. (Fe)
    Care taking????
    When I hear of care taking, I think of taking care of sick people, old people, unhappy people.. or whatever..people who need others to take care of them.
    Hosting?
    Like making sure everybody is comfortable and happy at some event?

What kind of ENTP would answer "exactly me" to this?

It's because of the questions....
    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    9. Compassionately take on someone else's needs as your own.

17. Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

34. Readily communicate personally to all members of a group to feel unity.

These are worded rather weirdly. "Compassionately" could probably change, "usually" sounds restrictive like you can't answer 'like me' without always following the rules. This last one isn't too bad, but once again "Readily" is kind of dramatic too... However I think if you could pick different words to pick in those spots and then answer it like that it might help the score.

The merging question. Did you answer because that's what you want to be able to do, or because you actually do it?
    I'm not an ENTP but I do have very weak Fe according to the functions test. Fe is my inferior function but I know that for better or worse, I actually find my Fe manifesting quite a bit in my life. I just don't relate to the Fe questions on the test as worded so end up scoring really low on Fe, making me look like I don't use that function, when in reality I think I have stronger Fe than the test indicates.

The only statement I relate to is Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along. I guess because I like interacting harmoniously with others and not doing this I've found to cause unwanted strife. However when I'm all alone, that's when I'll secretly go against norms.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP

Taking someone's needs 'as your own' sounds insecure and dependent, helping someone doesn't. Helping a friend in need or even a stranger? Yes I would. But I wouldn't 'take on someone else's needs as your own'.

'Feeling intimate oneness with other people' I answered exactly me because I do that, doesn't everybody do that?... it is about the rapport with others . I don't know. It's a feeling.

I see you changed your type to ENTP, what made you change it?
    I also wondered if I am ENTP or INTP.
    My conclusion was that I am an extravert, and it is likely that other ENTPs are like me, with alternating moments in which they are social, having fun, center of attention thing etc., and moments in which they aren't really interested in having fun, people, stuff on the outside, being too preoccupied with their inner world of ideas.
    It may be because of the Ti.

ESFPs ESFJs ENFJs ENFPs ESTJs are waaay more on the outside, doing shit all the time.

I'm not sure about ENTJs and ESTPs.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Me, eww *flexes sp/so-ness*

ReflecTcelfeR

'Feeling intimate oneness with other people' I answered exactly me because I do that, doesn't everybody do that?... it is about the rapport with others . I don't know. It's a feeling.

I see you changed your type to ENTP, what made you change it?
    I also wondered if I am ENTP or INTP.
    My conclusion was that I am an extravert, and it is likely that other ENTPs are like me, with alternating moments in which they are social, having fun, center of attention thing etc., and moments in which they aren't really interested in having fun, people, stuff on the outside, being too preoccupied with their inner world of ideas.
    It may be because of the Ti.
    Right now the intimate oneness is a goal I'm working towards, to feel that with one or two people would be nice, but it's not something that comes easily to me. I guard with Ne and Ti humor and coolness (These just tend to me my reactions to everything). The I and E switch was because of that reason above. I deleted it, but I agree with others being more 'outside' too.

MBTI
    ENTP

I had a roommate q while ago, he was ESTJ, we would live in 2 complete different worlds. He has like stable relationships with everyone, long term things, it seems like he had every small detail of his life taken care of. He was shocked that I didn't go out for about 3 days when I was working on something. He thought I was a really outgoing and active person, before we moved, maybe I look that way....but it's a funny thing lol.

And about the intimacy, I don't know, most of the time it's easier for me to go out with more than one person, as I don't really get involved in anything, so I can affort the luxury of not caring.

ReflecTcelfeR

I think it almost acts like a reserve. We can seem so outgoing because when we aren't with people we're storing reserves. It also seems to depend on how much time I spent out that will determine how much I stay in. Because I have to think and organize at some time and the more information I am given at one time the more time alone I need to sort out the discoveries I made with a discussion. That sounds I-ish though. It's difficult to explain.

MBTI
    ExTP

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************************ (49)
    excellent use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *********** (11.1)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.2)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.1)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.1)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.1)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.5)
    good use

Says I would more fit a ESTP? I still don't understand all this? kind of confusing!

hmm . .