User Tag List

First 1234 Last

i think we all go thru that at times *heavy sigh*

MBTI
    INTJ

Has happened to me several times. Meet someone great and never get beyond the friend thing, no matter how perfect a partner they seem. Think this is down to miscommunication maybe. Possibly INTPs are both bad at picking up signals from other people correctly, and also communicating them effectively too. And it is worse if the other person is also an introvert.

MBTI
    INFJ

I was in love with an INTP--a very good friend--who never returned the feelings. I waited and hoped for many many years, but he was determined to be nothing but my friend. I'm not convinced INTPs have a monopoly on the in-love-with-friends situation.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    Could it be that it takes a long time for us to open up to other people, and thus often build up a relation with other people before we fall in love? Meanwhile the other person has learned to appreciate us as a friend.
    Either that or the INTP throws themself at you like you know PROPOSING to you! while you barely know them as a person! and all this time they were thinking that youre interested in them and wanna have thier babies. lol
    I find that he was just lurking around, scanning his prey, while the prey is blissfully unaware of even his existence.

One INTP did dat to me. I was like whaoooo hold on, I dont even know you. But I did see the sincerity in him and did explore it further....its another thing it ended up in disaster. sighhhh

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by cdal233 View Post
    Yes I agree completely. I think introverts would be represented more so being stuck in the friend zone than extroverts.

Another potential cause would be the introvert's lack of reading a wide variety of social situations... and life experience in general relating to other people.

You're right on the button.

Finding a suitable person is one of percentages. The more people you meet the more likely you are to find the appropriate person.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Either that or the INTP throws themself at you like you know PROPOSING to you! while you barely know them as a person!
    My INTP did that to me and saying yes to his (what was to me) premature proposal was one of the smartest things I've ever done in my life. I still pat myself on the back for my quick thinking.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My INTP did that to me and saying yes to his (what was to me) premature proposal was one of the smartest things I've ever done in my life. I still pat myself on the back for my quick thinking.
    Ohwww....sho shweeet!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Haha, I find myself in this situation now. When the people I meet learn I am not going to be an easy fuck, they shove me into the friends category. That's college for you.

MBTI
    INTJ

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
    Haha, I find myself in this situation now. When the people I meet learn I am not going to be an easy fuck, they shove me into the friends category. That's college for you.
    Could that be part of the problem? Not being an easy fuck sending an "only interested in being friends" message (even if unintentionally?). Being 'hard to get' in general could be it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon View Post
    Could that be part of the problem? Not being an easy fuck sending an "only interested in being friends" message (even if unintentionally?). Being 'hard to get' in general could be it.
    Possibly, but even when I do throw out some vibes of interest, after people get to know me they don't really bother putting time or effort into pursuing anything romantic with me. I have only encountered people who are all sex, sex, sex & there is always something else with two legs walking across campus that is easier & quicker to catch. I cannot really say I am unhappy with my position though, I am quite pleased to be able to make friends without having to worry about them trying anything funny. But who knows when that could change, I don't want to shove myself into a dark corner and not be able to get out again, haha.