User Tag List

123 Last

Default NTP visulaization?

PMP Process groups c.pdf

My ENTP best friend is a Project manager and works for an ENFP. She also has to deal with me all day. She appreciates your sympathy.

So she drew up the attached chart (The attached pdf) and explained that this is what Ti is like in her mind-all of these lines and boxes and details. I looked at this and was like WTF?

She started laughing as she said her ENFP boss gave it the same look.

When I look at this parts of my brain become kinked. I explained that I would have neglected all of the details and had big blobs around each cluster of details, but I would still have the flow chart model in my mind. She said she has memorized each set of details and steps through them in her mind to solve problems.

In contrast she said the ESTJ model of project management ignores internal process in each cluster but focuses on the list of outcomes-thus in a famous ESTJ project management book, it ignores the middle parts of all the clusters.

It was striking to me as her diagram here-in form-was almost identical to the drawing my ENTP friend had on his wall outlining breaking down an industry into all of the different segments, subsegements, and so on-lots of small little boxes, lines, and detailed clusters.

Anyways I figured I would post it just to see if it resonates with the NTP folks at all.

I totally just spelled visualization wrong....I shall go back to the NF forum now....

I know you're just asking NTs, but I'm curious what an INTP is like in relation to that. Forget the Ti, that chart seems very extroverted. I know your friend is a project manager, and that's part of their job, but the approach in general (or an ESTJ approach) is very alien to me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

That looks pretty accurate to me. I'd try to compare how I think for comparison, but I'm pretty sure it'd make absolutely no sense.

I couldnt help but notice barbie is naked in your avi. If she is going to be cooked by savage ENFPs, she should at least be dressed first.

Kdude, the ENTP friend said she'd expect the intps not to have loops-but instead very specific discrete linkages and lists, who knows though..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

This thread reminds me of something I read on INTPcentral recently in regards to Ti/Ne:

The Ne-Ti axis also leads to a curious duality in the thinking of the INTP. The dominant Ti core tends to assume the role of a controller and organiser of his life, while the Ne behaves like a free spirit, almost childlike in its enthusiasm. The INTP tends to experience these two forces as an almost continuous tug-of-war, with neither ever quite gaining the upper hand. He is not disturbed by this duality and can view it with wistful humour. If he has been free-spiriting for any length of time, he soon feels duty bound to analyse his behaviour and systematise it. While if he has been in an analytical mode for a while, he will soon decide that he can do what he wants freely after all.

I find that description to be very familiar. FWIW, here's an example of what a typical day might look like in my head (I'll lay in bed the night before, mapping this out in my mind before I drift off into a peaceful sleep): When Ti is in control, I'm the most productive. When Ne is in control, I have the most fun and really enjoy life. When Ti and Ne are able to work together (i.e., analyze this problem logically and then come up with a creative solution for it, or spend a day working in my friend's store (Ne) and then map out everything that needs to be done to improve results and profits (Ti), then life is really good!

NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Mine looks more like large bubbles: clean house

And then smaller satellite bubbles: vacuum, clean bathrooms, mop floors

And then even smaller satellite bubbles: pick stuff off of floor so you can vacuum, make sure bleach and rags are in the bathroom to clean it....

That sort of thing. I see things in such wholes that it is extremely hard to break them down especially into sequential things. I have to make mind maps like the above to accomplish tasks. Sometimes I will have someone to help me with this if it is a very big project. This can be difficult though because they will often start a list and I may go out of order or immediately start thinking of ways to change things so that I can get more accomplish with less effort. Sometimes this works and sometimes I waste time doing this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^Yeah, each item can definitely be broken down further into smaller subcategories, if necessary.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Anyways I figured I would post it just to see if it resonates with the NTP folks at all.
    "Business" in one of the very first boxes is misspelled.

ARRRGGG -- I've been living in SJ world too long, I've gotten infected!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness
    The Ne-Ti axis also leads to a curious duality in the thinking of the INTP. The dominant Ti core tends to assume the role of a controller and organiser of his life, while the Ne behaves like a free spirit, almost childlike in its enthusiasm. The INTP tends to experience these two forces as an almost continuous tug-of-war, with neither ever quite gaining the upper hand. He is not disturbed by this duality and can view it with wistful humour. If he has been free-spiriting for any length of time, he soon feels duty bound to analyse his behaviour and systematise it. While if he has been in an analytical mode for a while, he will soon decide that he can do what he wants freely after all.
    That. My Ne keeps bounding around like a spray of helium balloons, and my Ti keeps trying to keep them connected and rein them in. I veer back to the middle after going in either direction too long; it's like two black holes orbiting each other.

Personally, I found the diagram a little too confusing. I don't use curvy lines when I try to do rational flows. My flows are all very clean, even if there are lots of nuanced processes in there. Maybe this is your friend's Ne primary taking the fore over a clean rational line.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    "Business" in one of the very first boxes is misspelled.

ARRRGGG -- I've been living in SJ world too long, I've gotten infected!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness
    That. My Ne keeps bounding around like a spray of helium balloons, and my Ti keeps trying to keep them connected and rein them in. I veer back to the middle after going in either direction too long; it's like two black holes orbiting each other.

Personally, I found the diagram a little too confusing. I don't use curvy lines when I try to do rational flows. My flows are all very clean, even if there are lots of nuanced processes in there. Maybe this is your friend's Ne primary taking the fore over a clean rational line.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft