User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

You're welcome

Good that you've finally come across the right decision. No idea how to get over limerence, but there is a thread on it.

Honey, you walked right into this one. Next time, no more blowing smoke and sunshine when the guy's blatantly not invested. Walk early and frequently.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

i feel the need to replace him with ethanol. who here lives in the 7x7.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Honey, you walked right into this one. Next time, no more blowing smoke and sunshine when the guy's blatantly not invested. Walk early and frequently.
    Amen. But that takes some experience (at least I had to learn it the hard way). Can I ask how old you are, agentfurrina, or how often something like this has happened before?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

just wanted to check back in. nothing has really changed, apart from some heavy deliberation on my part (i.e., trying to exorcize my feelings for him with no success). i had learned that he'd slept with his ex recently...he had told me he wasn't exclusive so didn't lie to me, but it still hurt as it happened on my birthday*. shitty, just shitty. so last week i told him i needed time to think and decide how i wanted to proceed: a) walk away; b) be friends--he says he wants me in his life one way or another; c) date for the 2 months he said he needs to decide whether he can commit to being with me in a long-term, exclusive relationship ultimately leading to marriage (= our individual relationship goals).
    Honey, GTFO...NOW!

He's got you hanging on a string. Yeah, I know how it is when you can see that potential of something great happening hanging in front in you--that's the curse of the intuitive and it can be hard to put down. But this mess here? There's a right way and wrong way to do things and he's lining it all up so that someway somehow he wins.

Hurt people end up hurting others. It's not his fault that he's still dealing with pain but he's going about trying to heal his pain in a way that will end up hurting you. If he can't do that or respect that, you need to walk and not look back.

Edit: Ah, I didn't see the last couple of posts. Good for you and good riddance to him. I'm sorry this has been so painful to you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

excellent point

i just crossed the dreaded 30 barrier. old enough to know better, i suppose. i once dated a man who was juggling several women at once. after a few rational discussions (definitely before love was involved), he decided to exclusively date me. he recently admitted that, had i walked away when he first told me about the other women in his life, he would have hunted me down anyway. i guess it never sunk in, otherwise i might have thought of doing the same thing with this guy.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

it never works with multiple people at the same time, especially if you are looking for exclusivity.

So your female friends that came up with the idea of dating multiple guys, how long have they been married?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    So your female friends that came up with the idea of dating multiple guys, how long have they been married?
    only one is married. and i recently learned, has threesomes with her husband while on vacation. to spice up the marriage! the rest are wildly confused, chronically single, very smart (and very lonely) women.

the happily married women i know advised me to run, and invest in a set of batteries.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

MBTI
    INTe

and the unhappily married?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

advised me to use him for sex. and sent me a link to redtube in case that didn't pan out.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.