Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Can someone please explain how avoidance of issues can be fluffed up to sound romantically fulfilling?
    It isn't romantically fulfilling.

It's mysterious.

All ENFPs are possibly insane.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    It isn't romantically fulfilling.

It's mysterious.

All ENFPs are possibly insane.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I think all this emphasis on "certainty" has more to do with your Jness than your 5ness.

INTP 5s understand that there is no such thing as certainty. We only get antsy when we're asked to provide it, in the face of all the overwhelming evidence that it doesn't exist....
    i've stumbled a few times lately in using this word, but your presupposition is just annoying.

5s still want completeness. they want more information. it's an impulse, an absolute limit, a desire for more. just because e5s do not see certainty as an obtainable object or a state to reach doesn't mean that it doesn't characterize an impulse. its absence is something that one must come to terms with and continually maintain a position of acceptance towards. whether it is a more complete model or a better story, the desire for better information quality is always there. e5s are driven by a search for knowledge and by an attack on the conditions of even the possibility for knowledge. but that never mediates their desire for knowledge, for information quality, for expertise and mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Can someone please explain how avoidance of issues can be fluffed up to sound romantically fulfilling?
    some people are better than others at actually understanding what the issues are for other people. that changes both the motivations and the methods when considering what you can accomplish in the relationship and why you might want to do so. there are also many aspects of romantically fulfilling that you might not recognize but are nonetheless quite there.

A window to the soul

I haven't read the entire thread, so I'll throw in my two cents based on the original post.

To the OP: In a nutshell, it doesn't sound good. I think he sounds broken due to recent failed relationship(s). It sounds like he enjoys your company, but he's not interested in pursuing a serious relationship with you at the moment. What's obvious to me, is that you are not on the same page. You're feeling levels of chemistry that he's not. We can safely say that because he's not pursuing or reciprocating appropriately.

As you probably know, you can not fix somebody coming out of a bad relationship. I think autonomy is your best course of action; for both of you. I think he is going to need a lot of space to work out issues.

INTP's are prone to move slowly and do things on a whim. I wouldn't worry too much about last minute planning. Or at least, I don't think you should be offended by that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I feel so freakin' sorry for every woman on this forum interested in an INTx. Everything just looks so bleak. No wonder we run into the arms of boring, unsuitable ISTx.

A window to the soul

I feel so freakin' sorry for every woman on this forum interested in an INTx. Everything just looks so bleak. No wonder we run into the arms of boring, unsuitable ISTx.
    ISTx are not boring. Only the unhealthy ones.

A lot of what I read through in this thread from the INTP's, describes an unhealthy person and has nothing to do with a healthy INTP or INTJ. My Dad is a classic example of a healthy INTP. It's like night and day. The reality is, this man is unhealthy and the sooner the OP comes to terms with that, the better off she will be. Reread all of her posts, if you have any doubts. The OP is setting herself up for disappointment. She will not have to go through this crap with a healthy man. I know.

Gawd, I'm always shocked to realize how warped and selfish people's thinking is. So you're INTx, so what?? You're not a bunch of friggin babies! We don't need someone to hold our hands and walk us through life. Sometimes we need a dose of cold cruel reality, like a threat that you're gonna leave us for someone else if we don't commit. That's not a game, that's not mean, it's reality baby! People have a right to get frustrated and move on with their lives. Who the hell do we think we are?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I feel so freakin' sorry for every woman on this forum interested in an INTx.
    only an isfj would do that based on a single case
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    To the OP: In a nutshell, it doesn't sound good. I think he sounds broken due to recent failed relationship(s). It sounds like he enjoys your company, but he's not interested in pursuing a serious relationship with you at the moment. What's obvious to me, is that you are not on the same page. You're feeling levels of chemistry that he's not. We can safely say that because he's not pursuing or reciprocating appropriately.
    So you think its the right thing to leave a guy that you like, that likes you but is to scared to move fast?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMxE6...eature=related

Agentfurria: If you enjoy your time with him keep seeing him.
    ofc you can`t wait for ages but thats something you can`t plan on doing.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    So you think its the right thing to leave a guy that you like, that likes you but is to scared to move fast?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2AGw...eature=related

Agentfurria: If you enjoy your time with him keep seeing him.
    Please reread the facts and let me know if you still want to ask that question. The pertinent details are located in the first post of this thread.

My simple answer to your question is "no." I'm INTP and I understand how slow I move in a relationship, but I would never tell someone the things that the OP's man is telling her. It breaks the unwritten INTP code of dignity, self-respect, and strong inherent desire to overcome any obstacles on my own without a bunch of "hand holding". I would also not think of hopping from one serious relationship to another without having planty of autonomy first. That's a natural style for me, but then, I'm a healthy person. I'm not dependant or codependant like a lot of people seem to be.

I would not be interested in a guy like the OP has described. He sounds pathetic and NOT your healthy INTx.

MBTI
    INTJ

hes a INTJ i think.

And you can forget my last post.

You just seemed a bit hard.