I think it depends on the questions a bit. Whether they get at the 'correct' definition of E or the "party animal"/"people person" definition. As in people terms, I don't bother with most people, it's not that I'm shy or uncomfortable but just don't find I "gel" with that many people as a proportion - I do have a habit of seeking out most of the 'N' types in any given situation and they are usually the people I'll get on with best long term.
I come off as 'I' some of the time to people though (I think they mistake not being interested in X Factor etc etc for shyness!)
I get "stir crazy for company" within a few hours usually... I have been known to prefer interaction with people I don't like (arguing etc) than being by myself!
Here's some thoughts I had that I thought partly "defined" E in my case. Not sure if they ring true to others or are just my personal strangeness...
- When worried or anxious about something do you seek out other people to talk to or worry quietly about it yourself? (I seek out people, the more worried, the more insistently I do this!)
- Do you feel like you have an extensive "internal" world that most people don't see? (I am quite open about things to the extent overly sharing things!)
- Do you "respond" or "react" to situations? (I actually got this one from someone on a train, where responding = rationally choosing a response (which could be 'not to respond') and reacting = where your action is immediately linked to the thing that caused it)
- For a lot of the IxxP types I've come across they seem very slow to make a decision, like it takes a while to process all the facts... I can be quite indecisive as well, but once I "decide to decide" will process the information quickly. Or better to do the thing before any analysis sets in!
- I also thought about which was the "inferior" function (Si) and which was the tertiary one (Fe), and how do I respond in extreme/stressful situations.
Came to realise I was E rather than I quite suddenly and realised that that had always been the case, in that the tests always said I but for some reason I was looking through the descriptions and the ENTP fitted far better, "why is that" and when I really thought about the definitiion of E according to the system, it was clear...