User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I think it depends on the questions a bit. Whether they get at the 'correct' definition of E or the "party animal"/"people person" definition. As in people terms, I don't bother with most people, it's not that I'm shy or uncomfortable but just don't find I "gel" with that many people as a proportion - I do have a habit of seeking out most of the 'N' types in any given situation and they are usually the people I'll get on with best long term.

I come off as 'I' some of the time to people though (I think they mistake not being interested in X Factor etc etc for shyness!)

I get "stir crazy for company" within a few hours usually... I have been known to prefer interaction with people I don't like (arguing etc) than being by myself!

Here's some thoughts I had that I thought partly "defined" E in my case. Not sure if they ring true to others or are just my personal strangeness...

- When worried or anxious about something do you seek out other people to talk to or worry quietly about it yourself? (I seek out people, the more worried, the more insistently I do this!)
    - Do you feel like you have an extensive "internal" world that most people don't see? (I am quite open about things to the extent overly sharing things!)
    - Do you "respond" or "react" to situations? (I actually got this one from someone on a train, where responding = rationally choosing a response (which could be 'not to respond') and reacting = where your action is immediately linked to the thing that caused it)
    - For a lot of the IxxP types I've come across they seem very slow to make a decision, like it takes a while to process all the facts... I can be quite indecisive as well, but once I "decide to decide" will process the information quickly. Or better to do the thing before any analysis sets in!
    - I also thought about which was the "inferior" function (Si) and which was the tertiary one (Fe), and how do I respond in extreme/stressful situations.

Came to realise I was E rather than I quite suddenly and realised that that had always been the case, in that the tests always said I but for some reason I was looking through the descriptions and the ENTP fitted far better, "why is that" and when I really thought about the definitiion of E according to the system, it was clear...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think too that as an entp you often need some sort of stimulation to become highly energetic at all. For example when working on a project at work or school, sometimes you put so much effort in it that it's almost unecessary, then again 90% of the other projects you have to do, you just get over with. Most often this kind of stimulation doesnt even make any sense to oneself, it's like that just now you are totally eager to do this thing. Sometimes it happens aswell when you hang out in a bar with friends and the mood is really good, you can fall into high energy mode and go on for like forever and dont notice when your friends are lieing on the floor, being totally tired and calling for mercy .

I think largely this is influenced by the life situation you are in aswell. Some years ago when I didnt feel too good, I was for years in a more depressive mood; I can safely say that I am an E in that regards cause I largely depend on this external stimulation to get in the run. And what I mean here is basically mood and how you feel, my working abilities aint influenced by this, I can work like a machine even when totally depressed.

Another thing I noticed, personally for me, tho I am a person that always tries to enlighten a group's mood and who is generally optimistic, I myself am very prone to depressive episodes. I do not know exactly, this may be a family thing. My mum, who I'ld type isfj had to see professional help because of depression and since I am together with my gf who is very emotionally reflective, I see in her reactions that I am kinda often kinda depressive. She doesnt like negative resonances at all and therefore she quickly jumps me and tells me, even getting angry that I am so depressive.

It's strange cause I have in these moments not the feeling that I am depressive, I feel more like neutral, caught in the modus operandi, so in the mode of operation just switched on without emotion or anything.
    Depression's a bitch. People don't even think it's real. (I guess that's a sign of extraversion, wanting people to believe it's real).
    I don't even feel sad when I'm depressed, I don't feel anything. And there's no permanent cure.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

ENTPs are often not the stereotypical party/people-person extrovert, from what I've seen here.

But ENTPs are still somewhat different than INTPs.

Probably one of the best examples is the ENTPs tendency to fire before aiming, so to speak. INTPs will be reluctant to share ideas until they have been worked through their heads 34743983473 times and have pretty much all the bugs out. ENTPs are more free with exchanging ideas first and analyzing them like crazy later. It's a matter of NeTi vs. TiNe, to be sure. Also with the freer exchange of ideas there is more energy being expressed outward, a trademark of typological extroversion.

If you still feel something amiss after this, I would expand on this some more, and slightly suggest that you turn to the Introvert side. We have cookies.

MBTI
    ----

i've never doubted my E.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I used to be an introvert. I opened up a lot though, and realized how much of an E I am. I do spend a lot of my time alone, but I certainly don't enjoy it. I do need my 'me' time, but I need to socialize, too. Usually, if I get depressed, I'd prefer to shut myself away from everyone, but I know that just makes things everything worse.

I do think ENTPs are one of the more introverted extroverts for the most part.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    ENTPs tendency to fire before aiming
    ROFLMAO - Love that, and totally true, I know in many way's I'm a strong E, but there are many ways I simply don't fit the mould. It does seem to me that I'm certainly not alone in my need for I-nessness at times.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I used to be pretty shy and nervous due to having atypical depression. After getting some stuff for it I came out solid E though. I still feel far more introverted than a lot of my super outgoing friends though.