User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Default ENTPs (and other NTs): Do you pay attention to your physical appearance and health?

Hello all

This is something I was thinking about today and wondering if others (especially ENTPs since that is 'my' type) had any thoughts to contribute...

Are you conscious of - or pay attention to - your own physical appearance as in what you wear, hair style, make up (if relevant) etc? Reading some of the type descriptions some of them make mention of being quite 'stylish' and having a unique style and being very noticeable etc -

For me I have an 'ideal' image for clothing, hair etc that I picture that I would wish to be like - not normally conforming to what is "conventionally" fashionable etc but clearly defined in my head nevertheless. Somehow though I always end up frustrated that this 'plan' hasn't materialised and find I am buying the same old clothes (jeans, basic suits (I have to wear 'office' type clothes at work!), plain shirts etc) and get increasingly annoyed that I don't seem to be able to break out of this! Sometimes I will "implement" the idea further and buy stuff I wouldn't normally buy that fits the 'image' and then feel funny about wearing it!

Obviously I do pay attention to things like the normal personal hygiene!

Like for going to the hairdresser, I haven't been for quite a few months and when co-workers turn up with neatly done hair etc (of course many of them are much more 'structured' than I am and make a plan and do it!) I'm always a bit annoyed and jealous - immature though it sounds - like "why didn't I think of that?" - And then I can't do something similar because someone already did that.

In fact this sense of having to be unique and noticed and not being able to "muscle in" on something someone already did applies to a lot of other things like music taste as well as physical appearance.

Without sounding like I am blowing my own trumpet - I am "reasonably" attractive and of the right sort of age (late 20s) and feel like I am wasting my 'youth' by being unattractive and so on...

I don't pay much attention to health etc either - I am a normal height and weight but don't think I am that fit or healthy as I don't eat properly etc as I just can't find the motivation to do it and always find some excuse like that I was too busy with studying (I am doing 'Distance Learning' through the open university as well as work full time) or don't have the time but this is just an excuse as I have plenty of time for working on websites, trolling on internet forums etc... :steam:

Is this a typical NT thing - to be quite neglectful of physical appearance and health? Is it 'consciously' done ("I have more lofty intellectual world dominating plans to think about") or something that happens? And how can I get over it

Annnie

MBTI
    INTJ

I know a ENTP and hes completely nazi on this subject. Only raw fish and vegetables. Well done hair and fit. 24yrs.

I notice from the profile picture you are into psychedelics or something like that. the music from that era perhaps.
    So is he. Kinda :P

As an NT but not an ENTP, my externals are a projection of internals. Can't stand fat on me, so I try to stay fit both for mind and body although it's not to the level of being a fitness buff or cut. Healthy eating habits and fitness are great ways to get rid of stress and extra aggression caused by baby Fi and being a Te-dom.

MBTI
    ENTP

No, I do not.

MBTI
    SEXY

Kinda, I do a LOT of sports, not just to get me in shape, but that is one of the reasons. I don't really watch what I eat, but I do make sure that I eat my fruit and vegetables. I have a normal personal hygiene, where I shower, and wash my hair and body, at least once a day (most days I shower more, because I've been doing sports and I'm veru sweaty). I brush my teeth twice a day (unless I get home from going out and am too drunk to bother). I go to the hairdresser regularly and I care about what clothes I dress in, though I must admit I don't have the best sense of style.
    (removed)

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I pay more attention to it than I should.

I'm really comfortable with my body though so I don't really get very body conscious.

I do like how I feel, look, and perform () when I'm training.

MBTI
    INTP

Appearances, no

Functions, yes

Appearance only becomes functional under certain (in my case, infrequent) circumstances, but health is always relevant. Today, I sit at my desk adorned with socks and sandals, but tomorrow nobody will ever know.

MBTI
    INTP

If I'm going somewhere where I wish to make a positive impression on somebody, then I pay attention to my appearance (an act that is slightly depressing now that I've lost the hair on my temples). If I'm alone, then I don't. I have noticed that my self-confidence in social situations increases greatly when I wear contacts, so I would probably be more preoccupied with my appearance if I was an extrovert. About the closest I come to paying attention to my health is periodically quitting smoking.

MBTI
    ENTP

Of course I pay attention to general health. Probably not as much as some people in my vicinity would want me. Eg. I tend to forget to heat the kitchen before I get cooking there, and while I'm there, I just try to ignore it. Well, if I put on the heater, it will be warm at the moment I've got to leave, so why bother?

Appearance: average or slighly below average attention. Clothes shopping is an exercise in efficiency. Fashion is something invented by clothes vendors to sell more. I want simple things that are strong and don't look out-dated the next year. I like to wash (like all physicists, I love to play with water), but make-up is a chore which I only can bring up for special occasions (eg Christmas or the like). Well, I look neat and healthy and that should be enough!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I pay attention to my level of fitness, I'm a bit perfectionistic in that realm, rarely satisfacted even if my performance is pretty good. On the other hand, I don't like to think about clothes and/or spend money on them, so I just try to find a style I like and stick to it. I try to eat "healthy" but I'm not particularly obsessed. I do visit the hairdresser regularly, mostly because my hair becomes bothersome and greasy when it's long.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp