• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Greetings ENTPs (questionairre)

paganmuzak

MBTI Type
INTP
Some questions!

1. How do you function in reality?

2. Have you any of the ideas you've come up with ever come to fruition?

3. Are/were you ever really shy, self-conscious and insecure?

4. What is your ultimate goal in life?

5. How do you fit into communities?

6. Diagnosed with mental illness?

7. How do you brave the storms of Ne in order to apply it to real life?

8. Humanity: love or hate?

9. How do you reduce verbal diarrhea?

10. Wild Card

paganmuzak

MBTI Type
INTP
Hello!

Barely.

No.

Yes. They call it adolescence!

Success, then gloat.

I do not.

Shhh

Clumsily.

Hate. Sometimes neutral.

I run an idea through my brutally honest ISTP cousin and world-weary INTJ friend.

10. Wild Card
sdfsgfd

annnie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Hi paganmuzak

Here's some answers from me, (I'm not an uber regular poster but am definitely an ENTP for my sins! :devil:)

Not sure what this means exactly but I get on reasonably well most of the time I think although generally conscious of being 'different' from most people (quite a rare type. Recognise! :solidarity:)

Yes, although not the majority of them! Having the idea and working out some of the details (if I feel like it) is often enough and I get bored by then - but have also come up with some good ideas and actually implemented them!! Unfortunately a lot of the ideas require some level of 'Sensing' skill to carry them out and that's a bit of a weakness... (I have an ISTP 'other half' who finishes some of the project for me!)

I used to be, much more so than now (I used to "diagnose" as INTP on most of the tests - I know that's not the real definition of introversion - but didn't quite understand this in my own mind) but actually understand myself better now and I think being more 'outgoing' has come along with it. A lot depends on mood though, in some moods I can be quite quiet around (especially) unknown people, though most of the time I am quite happy around them!

Other than with people, I am quite insecure about things like personal "worth" (whatever that is!) and achievements etc. Partly it's due to wanting to be 'recognised' by people in some way, I sometimes consciously make myself different and put difficulties in the way when they don't really exist, just to get attention from people! (I'm not sure if you 'believe in' the Enneagram but I am quite unusual in that having an enneagram 4w3 type as an ENTP - I think!)

I don't have a 'tangible' goal in life, any ambitions etc are quite abstract and are things like: not to be dependent on people (employers, landlords etc) which involves having quite a lot of money, though the money itself isn't the aim per se. To be free to work on ideas etc as and when rather than being stopped by trivial rules and difficulties.

I'm not a big 'community' enthusiast though can work well enough as part of a team (depending on the competence of the team...). Generally I get all enthusiastic about something for a few days and then drop out! More broadly as part of a 'community' of neighbours etc I get on ok with most people on at least a small talk level!

Not as in "a disorder" as such but been treated for anxiety previously. Apparently unusual to have anxiety without depression but true in my case. Of They seems like extroverted and introverted versions of the same thing to me.

:huh:

Let me know if you find out... :doh:

e.g. the other day I was rambling on about when we studied radioactivity at school and I think there's a law that you have to be 14 to handle the stuff yourself (I wasn't at the time but some of the kids were) so I had to pass on it and it looked quite fun to mess with. And how this was similar to the 'Drugs Awareness' evening we had with parents being briefed by a police (?) drugs liaison officer about how to recognise the different illegal drugs etc and handing round some cannabis resin stuff which some of the parents didn't like to get involved in :cheese: And how this related to passing on communion at church. I'd developed this whole elaborate analogy and then was like "wait.... wtf" :cry:

10. Wild Card

Heroin, cocaine, uranium.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Some questions!

My reality or other people's reality?

Rarely, but then again. I'd be president of the world, guitar god, multi-bilionaire, best-selling author, peace-keaper in the middle east and world champion in every sport imaginable if all my ideas came to fruition.

There's a famous barnum statement that reads like this: "On the outside you come across as very self-confident and in control most of the time, but on the inside you sometimes feel insecure and uncertain." It litterally applies to every person in the world. I think I wasn't particularly shy or insecure, except for the fact that I just turned red and shut close when I was around girls for the better part of my teenage years.

This is not a question best asked to an ENTP. I'll see whatever happens and make the best of it.

I think you'll find the real question is "How do communities fit around me?"

Not on a clinical level, but my friends all think (even independently from one another) that I have ADD.

There's no fighting it, so might as well enjoy the ride. When in mania, try to remain sane enough not to do irreversible damage, like break up a relationship or quit your job overnight. ;)

It's mostly
picard-no-facepalm.jpg

with a little bit of
simpsons-haha.jpg

If I ramble on for long enough, usually everybody is either laughing or in total shock. Why would I want to reduce that?

10. Wild Card

RedVictor2.jpg

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I either function or do not function. In most winters I do not function. As opposed to summers.

Yes although not many, or at least not as many as I would have wanted. I usually do not have ideas aimed for 'fruition', they're more like fun. The ideas aimed for 'fruition' are adaptment- ideas.

Anxiety.

I have no clear goal. I never had. I don't know if I will. Although like any other person I would like to do something ' big ' although I may end up one day disappointed.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Yes and I'm not tellin:cheese:

I entertain that is the only applyment of Ne in real life I have found.
Also Ne helps you improvise, I'm really good at improvising, although most of the time I improvise to fix my own mistakes, which is kind of ironic, since my low span of attention has made them.

Both.

Why reduce?

10. Wild Card
?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Reality is awesome. It's like a small kernel in the wide world of ideas and imaginations. It's the seed, every idea or imagination grows out of observation and experience.

Countless drawings and paintings, two books, and a new recipe every now and then (when I want to make something specific and I'm in the grocery before I realise I don't know the ingredients by heart). Don't only count your big ideas! :) (though I'm very proud of the books - they were really big ideas, with lots of work, and I did finish them)

Yes. Mostly when I'm alone and I'm nervous and thinking back about how wacky I behaved last time. When I'm in company, I tend to forget any "what will they think of me" worries and just use them as source of inspiration (see 1). Some people (like a very difficult class) make me self-conscious all the way. These occasions are really bad. Like most people, I'm more pleasant if I feel at ease.

Become a professional writer. (This goal will change once I attain it.)

What do you mean? Things like "school", "neighbourhood" and the like? I tend to get integrated quite easily at the beginning. It starts to get awkward once I'm supposed to remember the names of the other people. The awkward phase ends when I do remember their names (but still can come up when I need to remember the names of their children).

No.

- Try to trigger it in the direction you want to steer it. Eg. read the physics handbook when you need to invent exercises. Make a list of what's still needed in the novel if you want to continue it.
- Do manual work while waiting for inspiration.
- Indulge in little Ne projects which don't take too much of your time to train it and keep it fresh.

Love.

Not.

10. Wild Card
Four of Spades!

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Usually with extroverted intuition, as I would assume anyone else answering this would as well. What's the point of this question?

Probably, very minor ones. The big ones I need more time/money to develop. I'm only 19, so I'm assuming I have some time to do that in my lifetime.

I used to be to the point where I had trouble dragging myself to school everyday, because I didn't feel like I was learning, and everyone was an asshole to me, and there was just no point in being there, yet I had to be. I switched schools, and after staying in my shell for most of my life, I slowly started to open up more and more (I also used to be an INxP earlier too) to the point where I am who I am today. Yeah I still have instances where I can be shy and self-conscious, but who doesn't? I don't think insecurity is a problem of mine as much as it used to be...although I do have times where I can become perfectionistic, but I'm not sure if that relates to being insecure. I just like things to be done a certain way.

To be on my deathbed with no regrets.

Uhm...Well, I guess...I'm not 'omg bffs' with people in communities, but I'm very sociable and friendly, and for whatever reason attract people to approach me and have other people accept me approaching them. I'm very distant from most, if not all communities...mostly it's a geographical distance, and I find it to be a burden considering the fact that I would like to be more involved and much closer in communities as well as being closer with people emotionally...it's something I'm working on.

I don't think so.

I usually just enjoy the waves that the Ne storm brings forth, but sometimes I need to control them, as they can get me into serious trouble if I don't rationalize through some thoughts before acting upon them.

It really could use some improvements.

I don't.

10. Wild Card

The_Emoticon_Creator_by_jennifuh.gif

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Greetings ENTPs (questionairre)
Some questions!

Very well in most areas of my life... might suffer from sticking to areas where I know I have strong compotence, hence I like to occationally take up things I know I'm crap at.

yes other wise I'm guessing I'd be an INTP.... LOL sorry but yes I work to embed and sustain ideas

yes at times, there are things I'm very secure with

P types don't do that much planning ???? Don't really have an ultimate goal, I like to learn and see myslef as the eternal student.

Well at times, and badly at others. Very SJ dominant enviroments not well, although I'm infinately more likely to tell that type of community to go f' themsleves these days. :)

Not to my knowledge. I suspect I occationally suffer from low grade depressions, but that may just be hybernating thing

Lots of out time, and I have issue wiht too much E-ness

Both - love humanness but can get OD'ed on people

I only suffer from verbal diarrhea when I've not thought it out enough

10. Wild Card
WTF is the question