User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default INTPs and kissing ass.

Im an INTP and I find it really hard to kiss ass even when it can seriously benefit me. At work, I kiss by producing really good pieces of work (only for it to be left on someones desk). But I find it really hard to engage in vocal arse-lickin'? Anyother INTPs go through this? There is an INTJ in an adjacent team and I can see he goes through this. It makes us look bad especially since we are surrounded by professional bum kissers. sigh.. theres a group kissing session going on right now and I'm here.. at my desk

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't think INTPs would be kiss up, unless she's the bomb.

Can't say that kissing up is related to any type.
    By definition alone, Fe would be the kissing up function.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I can't "kiss up."

I'll flex to avoid problem areas that aren't necessarily to fight about (because I don't see the point in engaging in senseless conflict, it has to be a strategically sound move), and I'll say things I think are true; but I'd rather just say nothing at all than gush positively as a total act of kissuppery. And I know if I tried, I'd automatically zoom straight into cynical hyperbole as an act of ridicule against myself.

I mean, it's kind of the opposite of INTP... which instinctively tries to offer a rational, impersonal assessment of situations and people, with little concern for the emotional aspects that are indulged by kissing up.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I had never really thought about it, but then, my wife would sometimes say comment that I don't kiss people's behinds.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Seriously benefit you in what way? And are those benefits more important than self-respect and personal integrity?
    If so, pucker up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I can be a charmer. Although I have difficulty "kissing up" I nevertheless can be very professionally polite. Usually in a formal way. However unless I was very good friends with the supervisor type person before or had overriding close rapport I rather just give them a wide berth. It is uncomfortable to show informal friendliness to anyone who has direct supervision control over me. Less so for those who simply have higher social status than me...but maybe a little bit.

I may be an exception to most INTP but I have no problem "kissing down" or "kissing even" and am actually quiet adept at it.

One of the reasons I enjoy social charming is that it takes the light off of me and focuses it on another. There is comfort in being in the dark. But when it comes to direct supervisors or teachers/professors not so...maybe because I feel they don't need it or don't want them to suspicious of me....or maybe I just actually don't like authority that much in the first place....or that I find being an employee/student ass kisser to be repulsive.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP

INTPs tend to let their work speak for itself. We are allergic to butt kissing, even when we know it would help our case.
    Something Witty

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

You don't need to kiss ass - you're wearing the wrong glasses to view the situation. Put back your NT glasses and forget about Fe. Just be logical about your managers' competence whenever you can, if it's positive tell him, if not bring him a concrete solution to the problem. That's the most intelligent thing to do to maximize competence. You will have just done Fe through your normal INTP functionning - how ironic, but that's exactly what an inferior function is, acting indirectly when you exercize consciously your dominant in a constructive way.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

It can be a problem because in this world often kissing ass is a good strategy as long as its not over played. The hesitancy against kissing ass is an encumbrance of being an INTP. On the flip side so is the willingness of INTPs (as well as ENTJs) to give unrestrained constructive criticism to just about anybody. Although they don't kill the messenger of bad news anymore they try to do the next worst thing.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I can't kiss ass to save my life. I prefer to just quietly work hard and do an excellent job and hope others take notice. I will praise others achievements and abilities but its not out of kissing ass. I only do it when I sincerely mean it.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne