• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs and kissing ass.

datagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Im an INTP and I find it really hard to kiss ass even when it can seriously benefit me. At work, I kiss by producing really good pieces of work (only for it to be left on someones desk). But I find it really hard to engage in vocal arse-lickin'? Anyother INTPs go through this? There is an INTJ in an adjacent team and I can see he goes through this. It makes us look bad especially since we are surrounded by professional bum kissers. sigh.. theres a group kissing session going on right now and I'm here.. at my desk :shock:

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think INTPs would be kiss up, unless she's the bomb.

Can't say that kissing up is related to any type.
By definition alone, Fe would be the kissing up function.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't "kiss up."

I'll flex to avoid problem areas that aren't necessarily to fight about (because I don't see the point in engaging in senseless conflict, it has to be a strategically sound move), and I'll say things I think are true; but I'd rather just say nothing at all than gush positively as a total act of kissuppery. And I know if I tried, I'd automatically zoom straight into cynical hyperbole as an act of ridicule against myself.

I mean, it's kind of the opposite of INTP... which instinctively tries to offer a rational, impersonal assessment of situations and people, with little concern for the emotional aspects that are indulged by kissing up.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had never really thought about it, but then, my wife would sometimes say comment that I don't kiss people's behinds.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously benefit you in what way? And are those benefits more important than self-respect and personal integrity?
If so, pucker up!

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I can be a charmer. Although I have difficulty "kissing up" I nevertheless can be very professionally polite. Usually in a formal way. However unless I was very good friends with the supervisor type person before or had overriding close rapport I rather just give them a wide berth. It is uncomfortable to show informal friendliness to anyone who has direct supervision control over me. Less so for those who simply have higher social status than me...but maybe a little bit.

I may be an exception to most INTP but I have no problem "kissing down" or "kissing even" and am actually quiet adept at it.

One of the reasons I enjoy social charming is that it takes the light off of me and focuses it on another. There is comfort in being in the dark. But when it comes to direct supervisors or teachers/professors not so...maybe because I feel they don't need it or don't want them to suspicious of me....or maybe I just actually don't like authority that much in the first place....or that I find being an employee/student ass kisser to be repulsive.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
INTPs tend to let their work speak for itself. We are allergic to butt kissing, even when we know it would help our case.

Falcon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
You don't need to kiss ass - you're wearing the wrong glasses to view the situation. Put back your NT glasses and forget about Fe. Just be logical about your managers' competence whenever you can, if it's positive tell him, if not bring him a concrete solution to the problem. That's the most intelligent thing to do to maximize competence. You will have just done Fe through your normal INTP functionning - how ironic, but that's exactly what an inferior function is, acting indirectly when you exercize consciously your dominant in a constructive way.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It can be a problem because in this world often kissing ass is a good strategy as long as its not over played. The hesitancy against kissing ass is an encumbrance of being an INTP. On the flip side so is the willingness of INTPs (as well as ENTJs) to give unrestrained constructive criticism to just about anybody. Although they don't kill the messenger of bad news anymore they try to do the next worst thing.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't kiss ass to save my life. I prefer to just quietly work hard and do an excellent job and hope others take notice. I will praise others achievements and abilities but its not out of kissing ass. I only do it when I sincerely mean it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, don't fight your nature, you'll probably just look fake trying. I can't/won't kiss ass, it doesn't matter what's on the line, I can't compromise my integrity, for all that's gotten me (not much).

Lori

MBTI Type
INTJ
I can not kiss ass to save my life. Even if it is to my benefit to do so. I have lost out on opportunities because I refused, but I much rather be true to myself than create a facade no matter the price.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't kiss ass, and I find it weird when someone is saying very nice things about me all of a sudden, usually the kind of person that says nice things about everybody all of a sudden. I always get the impression that he's investing nice words into people to take something in return one day, I do say nice things but it's usually to someone who is very special for me, or some close friend, and that doesn't really happen that often.
I'm talking about the confident nice things sayer.

There is also the insecure nice things sayer, who is just insecure and I don't mind that.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
instead of kissing ass, i make myself look good by acting as if i would be a good worker to the boss.

N

NPcomplete

I don't believe in being extremely nice only to get stuff from people. I know a lot of people do it but it's against my ethics. I usually find myself despising such people and can never make myself respect them. Why spend precious time on being leech when I could work hard and be successful (and more importantly, have an intact self-respect)? This way, I will probably have to work harder but I like knowing that I reaped what I really deserved. Besides, working hard is easier (for me) than being fake.

Works

MBTI Type
INTP
I find it's easy to kiss up if I know I'm really ridiculing the person. Flattery can be fun if approached with that mindset.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Play the role so well they don't know you're faking it, that is the ideal circumstance for dishonesty. This is a rare environment to find oneself in, so kissing ass becomes pretty rare. People aren't as oblivious as they sometimes appear, so I do not insult them by acting as if they are oblivious to the situation at hand.