• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Girl IRL

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
To give you a reason to live MacGuffin. To point out that certain threads, have no point. If you want to know, I wanted garner feedback from the INTP community here to give my Fe input on just how I should approach this. It worked. Everything I do has a master plan, sneaky and insidious. Muhuhahahaha.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So attention whoring.

Got it.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Grumpy Santa is grumpy.

Go start your own thread. Preferably about something unrelated to boobs.

Maybe start your own "HOW BIG A CREEP AM I???" thread. So we can vote you out too. :yes:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Grumpy Santa is grumpy.

Go start your own thread. Preferably about something unrelated to boobs.

Maybe start your own "HOW BIG A CREEP AM I???" thread. So we can vote you out too. :yes:

Why belabor the obvious?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good idea. Just leave then. Since you clearly have nothing constructive to say - as usual.

H

Hate

No, I really don't.

I live in an area (and maybe a church culture?) where intuitives are more rare than what I understand is average...finding someone that speaks my language is a joy and a surprise a lot of the time, INTP and female or not. I love my sensor friends, but so much of the time, it's like I'm speaking English, and they're speaking French. When I say "brain", what I'm really saying is "similar interests".

That, and I'm 2w3 man, I'm a performer...don't take me too literally. I exaggerate because I like to entertain my audience (which only works if they understand that, I guess), if I have one, or else, I just end up entertaining myself. I take it you're a 2w1?

One thing I do not lack is a sense of humor, trust me. You’re just not very entertaining. And your take is incorrect… we’re not the same enneagram type. I highly doubt we have anything in common. But just for the record, I’m 8w7.

Neutralpov

What if this thread was actually now about INTP girls in real life? That might be interesting.

Sunny Ghost

Last night, she was watching another ENFJ in my group play me in chess; common among the sensor girls who, are like, too stupid to learn the game, but also interested in seeing something beyond them for a few minutes.

i'm offended! sensors play chess too! i love playing chess, though i'm not that great. and one of my ESFP friends was the girl to start the chess club in our high school. not to mention she's great at the game. :p jerk.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Last night, she was watching another ENFJ in my group play me in chess; common among the sensor girls who, are like, too stupid to learn the game, but also interested in seeing something beyond them for a few minutes.

Just noticed this bit. My ISTJ dad is amazing at chess, my ESTJ friend rocks it and my ESTP brother kicks my arse to Pluto and back in a game of chess. What an incredibly stupid stereotype of sensors to make. I hate that superiority some people feel about being Ns, as if it's somehow makes them more intelligent than S types.

A

A window to the soul

I agree, there's potential for an INTP to become a snob or to be perceived that way. As one matures, one realizes the uniqueness of their intellectual position in the world and that the world is not always ready for their brilliant ideas. I think most will eventually learn how to meet their need for 'quality' social interactions by blending-in without losing themselves in the process; yes, like a chameleon.

As for me, I am most attracted to my intellectual, emotional, and spiritual equal. I can't speak for the other girls here. It seems logical to me that INTP women would be most attracted to their equals (if not greater than themselves as far as intelligence goes); making T look very attractive in the opposite sex. That's something for the OP to consider, if he's a hardcore feeler boy.

As most of you have probably already noticed, the OP's intentions aren't clear; meaning, it's hard to tell if this is a conquest or genuine interest. Any sign of hidden agenda is going to be a turn-off; regardless of sex or type. My advice is to relax, be yourself; hopefully that's a gentleman. If there's mutual admiration, then things will evolve naturally. Getting in a hurry, over-analyzing her every move, and trying to be something you're not, are all of the ingredients for failure.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
I can't speak for the other girls here. It seems logical to me that INTP women would be most attracted to their equals (if not greater than themselves as far as intelligence goes); making T look very attractive in the opposite sex. That's something for the OP to consider, if he's a hardcore feeler boy.
indeed.

A

A window to the soul

I understand there are smart girls that like emo guys they can control; I don't. I believe in mutual admiration, mutual respect and deep/meaningful conversations. A formula condusive to a healthy relationship. Wanting that, makes me even more of a smart girl and wise too! :yes:

The last feeler I dated went screaming like a pansy out of the indoor rainforest when a butterfly flew past his head. It's tough to admire that. Funny as heck though. Perhaps I haven't met the right feeler...

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't doubt Fuzz is a gentleman. I just think that INTP girls like for a guy to understand them, instead of seeing them as a curiosity.

I relate to what overtherainbow said about people projecting what they think we'll be like onto us, and maybe being disappointed when they don't reach a nougaty filling quickly enough. And then we get frustrated because being pried open is exactly the thing to make us shut down. This is why we're more likely to fall for a genuine friend. Someone who knows what we're about, and appreciates us for what we are.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Tallulah, I have very little actual INTP interactive experience. I can't speak toward compatibility yet. Far be it from me to say that she's just a curiosity...but at this point, I'd be dishonest if I said we were anything more than barely-friends; making her somewhat two-dimensional in my mind until/if that relationship develops into whatever it does. Not saying she's not a human being and believe me when I say, everyone matters to me.

I don't have any feelings for her. I don't know what to make of her yet. I'm not a conquerer in that regard, and I don't know what my intentions are yet.

Thank you Tallulah for giving me some benefit of a doubt.

I was just excited because I met a girl IRL that Kiersey said, in theory, is my ideal. I will likely do whatever the fridge I'm going to do. I don't know yet if that's anything at all. *shrug*

A

A window to the soul

I was just excited because I met a girl IRL that Kiersey said, in theory, is my ideal. I will likely do whatever the fridge I'm going to do. I don't know yet if that's anything at all. *shrug*

Are you afraid of bugs?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
More than 'snob' I have heard one INTP friend be described as "mean", some F friends described her as "joyless" but that's because they didn't know her as well as I did to see her goofy side or see her sense of humor. Other INTPs have been described as quiet or awkward. Fuzzcrossed, FWIW INTPs respond really well to Fe from what I have seen. Even if they tell you different - it's a lieeeeee! Partly joking, because most people IRL do not study nor know about Jungian theory or cognitive functions so would just look at you blankly if you asked them, "Do you like Fe?" In my experience, as cold or mean or awkward (these are not meant to be negative stereotypes, this is based on actual comments made about INTPs I know IRL) an INTP may seem, they are drawn to warmth and Fe (which I consider more nurturing/hosting than Fi) Then again...who doesn't respond well to warmth...but just sayin'.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So you're saying there ain't no sunshine when I'm gone? Cool. :)

No, but thanks CzeCze!