User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: INTP Girl IRL

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Good idea. Just leave then. Since you clearly have nothing constructive to say - as usual.
    Love is the point.

A window to the soul

I agree, there's potential for an INTP to become a snob or to be perceived that way. As one matures, one realizes the uniqueness of their intellectual position in the world and that the world is not always ready for their brilliant ideas. I think most will eventually learn how to meet their need for 'quality' social interactions by blending-in without losing themselves in the process; yes, like a chameleon.

As for me, I am most attracted to my intellectual, emotional, and spiritual equal. I can't speak for the other girls here. It seems logical to me that INTP women would be most attracted to their equals (if not greater than themselves as far as intelligence goes); making T look very attractive in the opposite sex. That's something for the OP to consider, if he's a hardcore feeler boy.

As most of you have probably already noticed, the OP's intentions aren't clear; meaning, it's hard to tell if this is a conquest or genuine interest. Any sign of hidden agenda is going to be a turn-off; regardless of sex or type. My advice is to relax, be yourself; hopefully that's a gentleman. If there's mutual admiration, then things will evolve naturally. Getting in a hurry, over-analyzing her every move, and trying to be something you're not, are all of the ingredients for failure.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    I can't speak for the other girls here. It seems logical to me that INTP women would be most attracted to their equals (if not greater than themselves as far as intelligence goes); making T look very attractive in the opposite sex. That's something for the OP to consider, if he's a hardcore feeler boy.
    indeed.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    indeed.
    I understand there are smart girls that like emo guys they can control; I don't. I believe in mutual admiration, mutual respect and deep/meaningful conversations. A formula condusive to a healthy relationship. Wanting that, makes me even more of a smart girl and wise too!

The last feeler I dated went screaming like a pansy out of the indoor rainforest when a butterfly flew past his head. It's tough to admire that. Funny as heck though. Perhaps I haven't met the right feeler...

MBTI
    INTP

I don't doubt Fuzz is a gentleman. I just think that INTP girls like for a guy to understand them, instead of seeing them as a curiosity.

I relate to what overtherainbow said about people projecting what they think we'll be like onto us, and maybe being disappointed when they don't reach a nougaty filling quickly enough. And then we get frustrated because being pried open is exactly the thing to make us shut down. This is why we're more likely to fall for a genuine friend. Someone who knows what we're about, and appreciates us for what we are.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Tallulah, I have very little actual INTP interactive experience. I can't speak toward compatibility yet. Far be it from me to say that she's just a curiosity...but at this point, I'd be dishonest if I said we were anything more than barely-friends; making her somewhat two-dimensional in my mind until/if that relationship develops into whatever it does. Not saying she's not a human being and believe me when I say, everyone matters to me.

I don't have any feelings for her. I don't know what to make of her yet. I'm not a conquerer in that regard, and I don't know what my intentions are yet.

Thank you Tallulah for giving me some benefit of a doubt.

I was just excited because I met a girl IRL that Kiersey said, in theory, is my ideal. I will likely do whatever the fridge I'm going to do. I don't know yet if that's anything at all. *shrug*
    Love is the point.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    I was just excited because I met a girl IRL that Kiersey said, in theory, is my ideal. I will likely do whatever the fridge I'm going to do. I don't know yet if that's anything at all. *shrug*
    Are you afraid of bugs?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

No ma'am.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    GONE

More than 'snob' I have heard one INTP friend be described as "mean", some F friends described her as "joyless" but that's because they didn't know her as well as I did to see her goofy side or see her sense of humor. Other INTPs have been described as quiet or awkward. Fuzzcrossed, FWIW INTPs respond really well to Fe from what I have seen. Even if they tell you different - it's a lieeeeee! Partly joking, because most people IRL do not study nor know about Jungian theory or cognitive functions so would just look at you blankly if you asked them, "Do you like Fe?" In my experience, as cold or mean or awkward (these are not meant to be negative stereotypes, this is based on actual comments made about INTPs I know IRL) an INTP may seem, they are drawn to warmth and Fe (which I consider more nurturing/hosting than Fi) Then again...who doesn't respond well to warmth...but just sayin'.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

So you're saying there ain't no sunshine when I'm gone? Cool.

No, but thanks CzeCze!
    Love is the point.