User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: INTP Girl IRL

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post

That's out of order. And complete bullshit.
    What she said.

I wouldn't get your hopes up Fuzz, once she figures you out or you open your mouth, she'll probably just ignore you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Also, I'm no sensor, but I wouldn't be fascinated by watching people play chess.
    Uhh, yeah. He seems to be typing her on a basis of elimination. He's so anxious to meet an INTP girl that he's scouring the environment for "clues" which actually turn out to be meaningless. This the the WORST use of typology imaginable.
    Remember, INTP girls are kind of like the cats of the dating world. The more you try to impress us, the less we're interested. Be yourself, and if she finds you interesting, she'll probably find a way to talk to you about a common interest. But that still may not mean she's interested romantically, because sometimes we just like to talk about interesting stuff.
    Heh, true.
    I reckon it's nigh on impossible to woo an INTP woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    You must not meet many people, at least approximately 1 in 100 girls are INTP
    Even if it's 1 out of 100, it doesn't mean they are evenly distributed in the least. Which means it's very likely to run into INTP women in collegiate settings (for example), where the ratio could be 5 out of 100, and yet totally have places where they never show up in the real world. Or maybe she's goth and hangs out on the street, away from wherever Fuzz normally hangs.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    You must not meet many people, at least approximately 1 in 100 girls are INTP
    Even if it's 1 out of 100, it doesn't mean we are evenly distributed in the least. Which means it's very likely to run into INTP women in collegiate settings (for example), where the ratio could be 5 out of 100, and yet totally have places where they never show up in the real world. Or maybe she's goth and hangs out on the street, away from wherever Fuzz normally hangs.

I mean, really, I know more than 100 women, easily, but never met another female INTP (aside from meeting one on this forum)... even in the tech setting. Although I hope to, since that's a better environment.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

That's true, Jennifer. I don't think I know any other INTP girls IRL except for my cousin. And we're so good at chameleoning that I think we're hard to spot, even then. If I didn't chameleon, people would instantly think I was a big snob. I used to get that all the time.
    Something Witty

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    What she said.

I wouldn't get your hopes up Fuzz, once she figures you out or you open your mouth, she'll probably just ignore you.
    Completely agree Jock... That OP was the most annoying nonsense I've read in a while. My last GF was INTP, I'm fairly certain she wouldn't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    I already had suspicions, and that particular one made me seriously wonder if there was a brain in that head of hers.
    Boy, you sure think highly of yourself, don't you?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Tallulah's first post spoke for me.

In fact, if I perceived you were trying to make contact just because all of a sudden you thought I was an INTP, or most likely, I perceived you're forcing a contact out of fickleness (which I think is the case), I'd run the opposite direction right away.

I think INTP's are very good at perceiving when people are acting weird towards them and then become distrustful. Because, like you said, you didn't pay much attention to her before, she didn't seem interesting for you. Then all of a sudden, taking by how anxious you are about becoming her whatever you want to be, you show up all excited around her. And all that social excitement also tends to put us off.

Personally, I hate when extraverts suddenly pay attention to me and conclude in their heads that I must be very interesting. They're usually very intrusive (and I'm extremely sensitive to that), and almost always will get bored. First because I'll hardly share anything of 'real me' and the things that interest me the most this quickly. Second, because there's a huge possibility that what makes me happy is boring for them, starting by my interaction style.

Remembering that in the beginning they wouldn't give me much thought but suddenly got curious and decided there should be something else, i.e all the things they love to have fun with just waiting to burst out of that girl (as I'm not very expressive and am mostly quiet and distant, they fill my 'social blank plate' with whatever they'd like to see). And that leads to the third: I hate when it ends up with extraverts acting as if I had an obligation to entertain them! As absurd as it is, not satisfied with my lack of response to their boredom and disaproval (boo hoo, so worried about my popularity), they get pissed and bash me! It's so stupid I have to laugh. lol
    5w4 RCUEI

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Dont listen to them Fuzzy, go hit her. They are just envious
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Completely agree Jock... That OP was the most annoying nonsense I've read in a while. My last GF was INTP, I'm fairly certain she wouldn't like him.

Boy, you sure think highly of yourself, don't you?
    No, I really don't.

I live in an area (and maybe a church culture?) where intuitives are more rare than what I understand is average...finding someone that speaks my language is a joy and a surprise a lot of the time, INTP and female or not. I love my sensor friends, but so much of the time, it's like I'm speaking English, and they're speaking French. When I say "brain", what I'm really saying is "similar interests".

That, and I'm 2w3 man, I'm a performer...don't take me too literally. I exaggerate because I like to entertain my audience (which only works if they understand that, I guess), if I have one, or else, I just end up entertaining myself. I take it you're a 2w1?

Quote Originally Posted by overainbows View Post
    Tallulah's first post spoke for me.

In fact, if I perceived you were trying to make contact just because all of a sudden you thought I was an INTP, or most likely, I perceived you're forcing a contact out of fickleness (which I think is the case), I'd run the opposite direction right away.
    I would have made contact if I thought you were an N, in general...INTP or not. I'm not going to deny I'd like to meet INTP women, but honestly, if she was any N, even another ENFJ, I would've been excited to meet her.

I think INTP's are very good at perceiving when people are acting weird towards them and then become distrustful. Because, like you said, you didn't pay much attention to her before, she didn't seem interesting for you. Then all of a sudden, taking by how anxious you are about becoming her whatever you want to be, you show up all excited around her. And all that social excitement also tends to put us off.
    I don't intend on showing up and getting overly boisterous around her. I have initiated contact, but like I said, I really prefer to let nature run it's course. Beyond making a shallow attempt to be friendly and actually talk with her about the stuff I didn't know she would've found interesting before my friend's conversation--I don't intent to push hard, and I don't really want a relationship based on my having to push that hard for it.

Personally, I hate when extraverts suddenly pay attention to me and conclude in their heads that I must be very interesting. They're usually very intrusive (and I'm extremely sensitive to that), and almost always will get bored. First because I'll hardly share anything of 'real me' and the things that interest me the most this quickly. Second, because there's a huge possibility that what makes me happy is boring for them, starting by my interaction style.
    I'd say you should suddenly conclude that anyone that doesn't want to take the time to get to know you isn't worth your time. I'm sorry you've had experiences with E types that don't care to get to know you over the long haul, or are flaky with that.

That really isn't my intent here. She's going to the same group I am and she's committed to it. I'm going to have to work with this girl for a long time to come possibly...I have no interest in sabotaging that relationship with stupidity...though I can joke around and speak freely here as long as I don't mind getting heckled, I'm obviously not going to actually treat her like some kind of safari animal. Seriously now. If anything, I want to be careful in how I proceed.

Remembering that in the beginning they wouldn't give me much thought but suddenly got curious and decided there should be something else, i.e all the things they love to have fun with just waiting to burst out of that girl (as I'm not very expressive and am mostly quiet and distant, they fill my 'social blank plate' with whatever they'd like to see). And that leads to the third: I hate when it ends up with extraverts acting as if I had an obligation to entertain them! As absurd as it is, not satisfied with my lack of response to their boredom and disaproval (boo hoo, so worried about my popularity), they get pissed and bash me! It's so stupid I have to laugh. lol
    Wow. Okay. I can understand your frustration, you've definitely encountered some bad E-ggs. I was talking to Edge last night on Ventrillo...I felt bad when there was a lull in the conversation and she had to pick it up some of the time because of the nature of Ventrillo chat. I never want to make anybody feel like they have to entertain me, and people who do are called "energy vampires". I'm not one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Dont listen to them Fuzzy, go hit her. They are just envious
    Consider it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post

That's out of order. And complete bullshit.
    Well, the mods are the ones in this forum who decide what's out of order. So far as the bullshit part, I'm certain there are plenty of sensor girls that know chess. Just not a majority. And certainly not in my group. Yes I can blazingly use generalities like that because I am not a slave to specific truths. So...I...actually...get...things...done. *falls over in the awesomeness of his J-itude*

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Also, I'm no sensor, but I wouldn't be fascinated by watching people play chess.
    Yes, Tallulah, but I already wuv you.
    Love is the point.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

So what was the point of this thread?