User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Yes there is. I am an XXXX, all types and non. At the same time. How is that for a paradox? Please don't ask me what it's like.

You're an INFP. An INTP is primarly a truth seeker. It's not that INTPs don't take peoples feelings into consideration. It's just that in the greater scheme of things it's more important to state the truth. People will have to deal with emotional difficulties on their own. It's not the responsibility of the INTP.
    Wrong. There is no such thing as XXXX

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-mbti-faq.html

Oh and OP going off the information you provided I would type you as INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's usually about the 10th time someone gets INTP on a test that they break down, hit a mental wall, lay around for a few days, reject MBTI, then put INTP in their profile type.
    I'm at about 7 or 8. Plus that damn somatotype guy everyone chased off awhile back typed me as INTP. So 9. I'm just about to smack the wall.

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    In the new groups Keirsey introduced in Portraits of Temperament:
    Role-informative: NFP, NTP, SFJ, SFP; Role directive: STJ, STP, NTJ, NFJ.
    By dividing them by I/E, you get the four Interaction Styles of Linda Berens: Chart the Course (introverted, directive): IST/INJ, Behind the Scenes (introverted, informative): ISF/INP, In Charge (extraverted, directive): EST/ENJ, and Get Things Going (extraverted, informative): ESF/ENP.

In these groups, notice that Directive/Informative ends up being distinguished by T/F for the S's, and J/P for the N's.
    Where on the S side, all T's end up as directive while F is informative, on the N side, the P makes the type informative even if it is a T. Informative is people(rather than task)-oriented and thus softer and a bit more accepting of others. This is often associated with F behavior, so then NTP's might seem a bit like F's in that respect, adding to the ambiguity a lot of NP seekers often face.
    I also don't know if this classification is wholly accurate. I am an ENJ so "in charge" and that makes me task oriented by definition but in life I am people oriented. Especially good at being task and people oriented ha? (Is that a possiblity.. )

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Oh and I vote INFP for the original poster. I heard feeling speak and it perked my ears

MBTI
    ENFJ

For what it's worth, I tested INTP in high school and early college.

I test somewhat evenly on the E/I spectrum, and am most firmly N. I'm also close to the F/T divide as well, but consistently test F. While I am very J in that I like to have firm, detailed plans at least a week in advance, I'm capable of being spontaneous. As long as it's planned spontaneity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Why do you need something new right now? It's a good explanation that explains the T/F uncertainty people like this face.
    (What's "new" in this is the way I use it to express the types as social/leadership temperament blends).
    What if someone does all the 4 directions simultaneously? Or just chills, and do non. Why do you focus on the preference? Do most people follow their preference? What if they don't?

I see your point. And after those 4 directions it's a good explanation. But it's simplified to such a degree that it is close to useless imo. And expecting someone to follow such a pattern is prone to failure. Creating more communication difficulties then if one keeps an open mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Wrong. There is no such thing as XXXX

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-mbti-faq.html
    You are right in that I am not a thing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I also don't know if this classification is wholly accurate. I am an ENJ so "in charge" and that makes me task oriented by definition but in life I am people oriented. Especially good at being task and people oriented ha? (Is that a possiblity.. )
    You're probably thinking of the extroversion as "people" focus.
    But affective temperament is based on both "expressiveness" and "responsiveness". The first one tells us how we approach others, or what we "SAY" we want from interaction. The other tells us how we "respond" to others, or what we REALLY want. Hence, the true "people vs task" orientation lies in informing/directing rather than E/I.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    What if someone does all the 4 directions simultaneously? Or just chills, and do non. Why do you focus on the preference? Do most people follow their preference? What if they don't?

I see your point. And after those 4 directions it's a good explanation. But it's simplified to such a degree that it is close to useless imo. And expecting someone to follow such a pattern is prone to failure. Creating more communication difficulties then if one keeps an open mind.
    People might do all four, but still, type indicates that there is one they actually prefer (however slightly).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP

Well, I've taken all of your opinions into account, did some more research, and took the test ten/twenty-fold more, lol, and I have come to conclusion of being an "INTP." I spent hours trying to figure this out and taking the tests one question at a time, trying to apply it to different scenarios, and I got this:

Myers Briggs Test Result #I've lost count

Introverted (I) 72.73% Extroverted (E) 27.27%
    Intuitive (N) 75.76% Sensing (S) 24.24%
    Thinking (T) 55.56% Feeling (F) 44.44%
    Perceiving (P) 62.86% Judging (J) 37.14%

As one can see, the percentages of my T over F is very narrow which might explain the discrepancies.

Throughout childhood, I've been pretty INFP (at least imo), but as I've gotten older and I've come to appreciate objective reasoning and consistency over emotions, which I do have serious trouble emitting and empathizing. I'm barely into young adulthood, so I suppose my personality is still changing, but after reading many threads, watching videos, and doing private research on INTPs/FPs/everybody else, I really relate more to the NTs (whom I had always thought were boring vs. NFs).

Thanks for the replies.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I can identify with that last part as well, which made it difficult for me to completely figure as well for awhile.

Since I believe NT is a temperament known in another system as "Choleric in Control" (http://www.pastoral-counseling-cente...ic-control.htm), it seems to be more of something that becomes more apparent when we get older and naturally independent (and more able to meet our need for mastery). So our objective reasoning preference comes to the front.
    When we are younger it is our sociability temperament (IP) or Interaction Style (INP) that is more evident (Likely one of these:
    http://www.pastoral-counseling-cente...-inclusion.htm
    http://www.pastoral-counseling-cente...-inclusion.htm)
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas