User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'm not following. They are even bigger robots.
    There is a difference of dealing with emotions internally and extrovert them. A robot is indifferent. I won't assign that quality to Js or to any human.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    There is a difference of dealing with emotions internally and extrovert them. A robot is indifferent. I won't assign that quality to Js.
    Better watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Better watch out!

I edited my reply ...to any human....

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    INTPs have Si as their third function, so nostalgia and sentimentality can often be quite important to us.
    ^True for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I'd say enneagram would help with some of your issues. You sound like a nine, not bad and intp's have a little tendency towards nine if Fe is developed, or hyper active (not unhealthy).
    ^Agreed.

Scorquendo, here are a couple of links:
    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/
    http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Scorquendo View Post
    First, thanks for the replies. I never thought I'd get a response so quickly!

1. I usually base it on fact; however, depending on the situation I always feel rude or guilty when making a decision conflicting with friends and family.

2. Male; that may be the case, too.

Interesting....that's how I feel whenever I see a person being really emotional [crying, yelling, singing, etc.] to me or around me. I have trouble saying "I l*ve you" to people, too.

For the T's out there, do you guys often ask for second opinions? I tend to do that because I love having options (my lovely "P"), but deep inside, I kind of already know what I want.
    I sometimes get second opinions from people I admire and trust; such as, my Dad. Usually I've already made myself an expert in whatever it is I'm doing, before I do it. For example, car shopping, I'll not only know the ins and outs of the current year model, but I'll also understand the history. I'll 'play dumb' and ask the salesman questions that I already know the answers to. This helps me determine if I can trust him with the questions that I don't know the answers to.

This 'playing dumb' style of interaction is very natural for me. I do this with strangers I interact with; including online. It allows me to understand where people are at intellectually and even emotionally. I like when the questions are reciprocated too because it can be a sign that the other person is more logical (requiring some data input); rather than, a feeler (going with their gut). Anyway, that's my theory.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Can you explain this more?
    In the new groups Keirsey introduced in Portraits of Temperament:
    Role-informative: NFP, NTP, SFJ, SFP; Role directive: STJ, STP, NTJ, NFJ.
    By dividing them by I/E, you get the four Interaction Styles of Linda Berens: Chart the Course (introverted, directive): IST/INJ, Behind the Scenes (introverted, informative): ISF/INP, In Charge (extraverted, directive): EST/ENJ, and Get Things Going (extraverted, informative): ESF/ENP.

In these groups, notice that Directive/Informative ends up being distinguished by T/F for the S's, and J/P for the N's.
    Where on the S side, all T's end up as directive while F is informative, on the N side, the P makes the type informative even if it is a T. Informative is people(rather than task)-oriented and thus softer and a bit more accepting of others. This is often associated with F behavior, so then NTP's might seem a bit like F's in that respect, adding to the ambiguity a lot of NP seekers often face.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

ReflecTcelfeR

I just got over an Fe storm... Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    In the new groups Keirsey introduced in Portraits of Temperament:
    Role-informative: NFP, NTP, SFJ, SFP; Role directive: STJ, STP, NTJ, NFJ.
    By dividing them by I/E, you get the four Interaction Styles of Linda Berens: Chart the Course (introverted, directive): IST/INJ, Behind the Scenes (introverted, informative): ISF/INP, In Charge (extraverted, directive): EST/ENJ, and Get Things Going (extraverted, informative): ESF/ENP.

In these groups, notice that Directive/Informative ends up being distinguished by T/F for the S's, and J/P for the N's.
    Where on the S side, all T's end up as directive while F is informative, on the N side, the P makes the type informative even if it is a T. Informative is people(rather than task)-oriented and thus softer and a bit more accepting of others. This is often associated with F behavior, so then NTP's might seem a bit like F's in that respect, adding to the ambiguity a lot of NP seekers often face.
    Why don't you try to think of something new yourself?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Why do you need something new right now? It's a good explanation that explains the T/F uncertainty people like this face.
    (What's "new" in this is the way I use it to express the types as social/leadership temperament blends).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas