User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Default What do ENTPs think of ISTJs?

Since I have not been able to find any threads on this particular pairing, I thought I'd ask. What do you guys think of us in general? Could you see yourself in a relationship or friendship with an ISTJ?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by MBTI Enthusiast View Post
    Since I have not been able to find any threads on this particular pairing, I thought I'd ask. What do you guys think of us in general? Could you see yourself in a relationship or friendship with an ISTJ?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
    Well, proximity usually invokes (a lot of different types) of intimacy. So I wouldn't discard any relationship beforehand. But I think that there will be some fighting.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm quite near to being ENTP, so I'll also answer:

I know two ISTJs rather good. One of them is really, really clearly an ISTJ, the other one seems to be right on the edge to be an ISTP. While the second one is a very good friend(I always liked STPs), the friendship to the first is a bit irritating. We lead a altar-server-group(hmm that sounds like a sect, but that's in fact quite common in catholic germany; even atheists and agnostics, like me, are often in this groups because altar serving really is the least important thing there) together, so we have to get along with each other. It's not that I don't like him, but we usually don't quite understand each other. He always refers to doing something "how it has ever been done", is very shy around strangers(what he shows by seeming grumpy), and even to friends, he usually changes between being very grumpy and very hyper/goofy. He is just very un-visionary and always takes things waaay too serious(If he would dictate what we do when meeting with our group, we would play football EVERY SINGLE TIME; It's always on me to manage "revolutionary" stuff, like, watching videos or playing board games). I, on the other hand, are in his eyes too ham-fisted/impractical and don't take my work seriously enough.
    They say I only think in form of crunching numbers.....
    -Fall Out Boy

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

If they're mentally sound, im quite fond of them . like i am with any other type. i might be more comfortable around istjs more because i lived with them most of my life than other types though.

ReflecTcelfeR

My brother is an ISTJ, I lovez him. He keeps me rather grounded and our humor is similiar.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think type is an issue. It depends on the person.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MBTI Enthusiast View Post
    What do you guys think of us in general?
    Nothing specific. There are 3 ISTJs that are in my life atm, one I have no respect for, another grates on me at times but has admirable qualities that I can respect from a distance and the third is very deserving of my respect.

Could you see yourself in a relationship
    Personally no, but that's hardly going to be representative of ENTPs in general and seeing as we live and breathe unknown possibilities that may come along and change the goal posts aka Ne, many/most would not make up their mind until they were in a situation where they could know more specifics. People are more than 4 letters.

or friendship with an ISTJ?
    Sure. <-- that answer is applicable for all types.