• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Cognitive Function Results - INTJs

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Pretty high Fe use for an INTJ...

Most of us suck at that...

I'm not surprised to see, though, that the female INTJs are averaging higher than the male INTJs are...

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.4)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************* (37.7)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.5)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.7)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.5)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (19.5)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************** (29.4)
average use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTJ

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.9)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.4)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.9)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************************** (39.9)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.2)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *** (3.4)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.7)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or INTP​

Similar to the results I got a year or so ago, with probably more Fi (I understand what the questions mean now) and more Se (same reason).

Even now, I'm amused at how high the Ne and Ti ratings are. It's really the Fi >> Fe pegging me as INTJ.

T

ThatGirl

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.8)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.8)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.1)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.2)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******** (8.7)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************** (29.8)
average use

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or INTP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
YOUR COGNITIVE PROFILE

Understanding Your Results
A profile of your cognitive development is presented below, based on how you have described yourself. A 4-letter personality type code and temperament are also presented for your convenience if you are familiar with those frameworks. Most people find their results match their 4-letter personality type code and temperament. That is, we tend to develop what we prefer and vice versa. As you reflect on your cognitive profile, keep in mind that sometimes we develop a cognitive process to meet the demands of our environment or use a process well in one area of our lives but not others.

The Eight Processes
Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung identified four mental functions — today known as cognitive processes. We focus our attention and gather information using Sensing (S) and iNtuiting (N), and we organize our experiences and make decisions using Thinking (T) and Feeling (F). Jung described how each of these four processes plays out in a person's "internal world" (I) of thoughts, feelings, memories and imagination; and in the "external world" (E) of actions, people, tools and organizations. Thus, 8 cognitive processes (Se, Si, Ne, Ni, Te, Ti, Fe, Fi).

Basic and Developed Use
Each cognitive process can be engaged in a basic, unsophisticated way reflecting our natural human capabilities. Almost everyone can engage each process in some basic way. Beyond this, you will engage some cognitive processes in a more sophisticated, developed way. This is usually the result of innate preference plus lifelong growth and practice, which equals development.

Perceiving—how we focus our attention and gather information

Cognitive Process Basic (Passive) Use Developed (Active) Use
extraverted Sensing (Se) Notice sensory data in the environment. Trust your instincts and take action relevant to the moment and current context.
introverted Sensing (Si) Recall tangible data and experiences. Stabilize a situation by comparing it to what is expected, known and reliable.
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) Notice abstract patterns as they emerge. Shift a situation's dynamics and explore imaginative potential possibilities.
introverted Intuiting (Ni) Receive "ah-ha" insights and realizations. Persue a greater level of awareness to transform who you are and how you think.

Judging—how we organize our experiences and make decisions

Cognitive Process Basic (Passive) Use Developed (Active) Use
extraverted Thinking (Te) Follow steps, points and time tables. Create structure, reason by measures and evidence, and implement complex plans.
introverted Thinking (Ti) Adhere to definitions and impersonal principles. Analyze a problem using a framework, and find an angle or leverage by which to solve it.
extraverted Feeling (Fe) Honor others' needs and preferences. Connect with people by sharing values and taking on their needs as yours.
introverted Feeling (Fi) Adhere to personal beliefs about what's important. Evalute situations and choose what you believe is congruent with your personal identity.

Development is more than basic or developed use of processes in isolation. Excellent use of a cognitive process involves both basic and advanced use as appropriate, and ability to deploy other processes in its service. Average to good use usually means we can use the process in limited situations or use it well but only with the aid of other processes. Poor use means basic use at most. Finally, we may get ourselves into trouble when we don't use a process at all.

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.5)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.9)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.8)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.4)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.8)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************** (15)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

I thought this test was horrible. Some of the questions were very vague. "Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort." ? What kind of leverage are they talking about?

I am definitely not an INFP. I almost never HAVE emotions. The test had so many questions about "being true to yourself." Yes, I do think I am true to myself, but I don't necessarily mean that ethically. It's more like I don't care what other people think I should do and I am the most important person in my universe. Thus, I am true to myself. Anyway, very disappointed in this assessment. I just thought it was too poorly worded.

VeniVidiVici

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************** (16.8)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.2)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.2)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.2)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************************** (39.3)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.1)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.1)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.9)
good use

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I thought this test was horrible. Some of the questions were very vague. "Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort." ? What kind of leverage are they talking about?

I thought that question was the most poorly worded on the test.

I thought they were talking about Se, a la Socionics' definition of Se.

It's a question about Ti. It's talking about logical leverage, angles, or pivot points.

It's more like I don't care what other people think I should do and I am the most important person in my universe. Thus, I am true to myself.

That is very Fi. Especially tertiary Fi.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
This is mine:

Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||||||||||||| 9.15
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.95
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||||| 7.39
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||||||||||||| 6.45
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||| 5.92
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||| 2.94
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||| 2.77
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||| 2.57

Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is very developed.
Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is very developed.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is low.
Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is low.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is low.

By the way...I didn't expect Fe to be high, though.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't done one of these in awhile.

extraverted Sensing (Se) (24.8) average use
introverted Sensing (Si) (15.6) unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (23.6) limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) (48) excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) (47.4) excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) (45.1) excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (4.2) unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) (29.3) average use

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTP

I've had these tests peg me as INTP before; not sure if my function usage has shifted, or just that it's a different test.

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
extraverted Sensing (Se) (18.9) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) (15.8) unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (29.1) average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) (38) excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) (34.1) good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) (40) excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (18.7) limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) (45) excellent use

It's been a while since that last time I did this test but the results haven't changed much.

I know I am an INTJ though the test suggested that only as the third option after INFP and ENFP. I guess that's due to the acclaimed-to-be-high Fi which I think matches with reality.

Valis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.4)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************* (33)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.6)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.9)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************************************** (51.3)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************** (23.1)

Lead (Dominant) Process

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTJ

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Here you go:

(Se) (16.4)
(Si) (29.5)
(Ne) (36.7)
(Ni) (32.6)
(Te) (44)
(Ti) (37.7)
(Fe) (8.1)
(Fi) (34.4)

I tried to answer as truthfully as possible. (I think Fi is exaggerated because the test conflates having values and goals.)

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.8)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************ (36.9)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************** (16.5)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.9)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************* (43.1)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.6)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.7)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.7)
excellent use

Lead (Dominant) Process

I am so introverted.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************************** (35.8)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.5)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.6)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************** (44.9)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************************** (41.1)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.6)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************** (15.3)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.8)
good use

Lead (Dominant) Process

Delta223

MBTI Type
INTJ
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********** (11.5)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************* (37.1)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.1)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************** (23.6)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************** (44.1)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************** (46)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.6)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.6)
good use

Jonathan

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****** (6.1)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.5)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************** (44.5)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.3)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.3)
good use

Ni-Te-Fi-Ne-Ti-Si-Fe-Se

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.4)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.5)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.6)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************* (43.7)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.6)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (19.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.3)
good use

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28.4)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.6)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.8)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.2)
average use

Lead (Dominant) Process

it actually took quite a while to do this, it wasn`t as easy as it seemed

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Preplexing results.

extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28.3)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************** (17.1)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.4)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.5)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.4)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.3)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.3)
good use

Lead (Dominant) Process

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or INFJ