• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Cognitive Function Results - INTJs

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting that they'd peg you INTJ from those results, not ENTJ.

I guess cuz Fi>Se...?

I can't see any other reason...?

Yeah - I'm guessing it is because of the relative difference between Fi and Se vs Ni and Te. Can't think of any other reason. I pretty much always test as INTJ.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
First time:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.8) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.4) limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.4) excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.3) excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************************ (48.6) excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.3) good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.1) limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26.9) average use

Five minutes later:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.4) limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.5) excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.4) good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************** (44.7) excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.3) good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************** (15.1) unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.2) good use

I'm clearly not understanding something on that test: I was comfortable with "exactly me" for exactly one out of the 48 phrases, "Feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal, or mysterious."

Nicodemus

I think the test is bullshit. When I took it, it said I had excellent use of Ne, Ni, Te, Ti and no use of Fe at all, and that I was an INTP. I am most certainly not an INTP.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is a few month old. So my F side is probably a little bit stronger these days.
(add 5 points on Fi )

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.4)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.9)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.7)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************************************ (60.3)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************************** (52.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.7)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.6)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************** (20.4)
limited use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
First time:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.8) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.4) limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.4) excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.3) excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************************ (48.6) excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.3) good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.1) limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26.9) average use

Five minutes later:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.4) limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.5) excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.4) good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************** (44.7) excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.3) good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************** (15.1) unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.2) good use

I'm clearly not understanding something on that test: I was comfortable with "exactly me" for exactly one out of the 48 phrases, "Feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal, or mysterious."

They did give you INTJ for those results though, right?

They gave Highlander INTJ, even though his Te>Ni.

I think it had to do with his Fi>Fe...

I think the test is bullshit. When I took it, it said I had excellent use of Ne, Ni, Te, Ti and no use of Fe at all, and that I was an INTP. I am most certainly not an INTP.

Yeah, did the same thing to Uytuun... the no use of Fe doesn't differentiate us much from the INTPs, cuz, if you actually look at their CF results, they tend to suck at Fe... For some types, the tertiary and inferior seem to be around their 3rd and 4th functions, or their 5th and 6th (if the "double agent" functions [i.e., Ne and Ti are the "double agents" for an INTJ] come in within the top 4), while for others the tertiary and inferior seem to come in more around their 5th and 6th (for the tertiary) and 7th or 8th (for the inferior)... amongst INTJs, you tend to see the former, while for INTPs, you tend to see the latter (at least based off my observations thus far)...

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
They did give you INTJ for those results though, right?

ENTJ for the first; INTJ for the second.

Now, either their prompts are well designed and include points of internal reference, like one prompt is known to represent a relatively straightforward use of function Xy while another prompt is known to represent a moderately sophisticated use and the responses to these two prompts are compared in some suitable way when calculating type, or there's a lot of equivocal prompts and say, one INTJ who scores unreasonably highly for Ne might actually be reporting or attempting to report some other e perceiving, or even some i misunderstood or misrepresented.

Heh, that's a long sentence. Take that supposedly high Ti score!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
ENTJ for the first; INTJ for the second.

Got it.

Must have to do with the higher Fi in the second test...

(as well as the slightly lower Te, of course...)

Now, either their prompts are well designed and include points of internal reference, like one prompt is known to represent a relatively straightforward use of function Xy while another prompt is known to represent a moderately sophisticated use and the responses to these two prompts are compared in some suitable way when calculating type...

I think I get what you mean, and, from my understanding, they've got certain questions for a function that indicate "basic" use of a function, and certain questions for a function that indicate "skilled" use of a function.

It's probably not just binary, but on some sliding scale.

48 questions / 8 function-attitudes = 6 questions / function-attitude

I'd assume three levels of development of each function-attitude (low, med, high), and two questions per level of development of each function attitude.

If this is the case, it's kinda cool, cuz it definitely would seem more sophisticated than most tests out there...

This guy, Dario Nardi, along with writing a few books with Linda Berens, is a professor at UCLA, and is doing work on type and the functions using an EEG.

I kinda wanna get in contact with him and strap myself up to one of those motherfuckers...

Interesting video I ran across the other day... Ken Wilber is... intriguing...

...or there's a lot of equivocal prompts and say, one INTJ who scores unreasonably highly for Ne might actually be reporting or attempting to report some other e perceiving...

Are you implying that you think you scored high Ne cuz you were mistaking it for Se???

I've seen a lot of high Se scores for ENFPs on this test, so... it's an interesting question... (if that's what you're asking...)

...or even some i misunderstood or misrepresented.

Same as above...?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's probably not just binary, but on some sliding scale.

48 questions / 8 function-attitudes = 6 questions / function-attitude

Could be. But, for example, I'm pretty sure I recall hearing that MBTI as it stands today doesn't have an equal number of questions devoted to each dichotomy. Something about Myers-Briggs legacy + modern statistical research = some questions are known to be more revealling and some less so thus some have been kept and some junked and what's left is effective but still a mishmash.

I'd assume three levels of development of each function-attitude (low, med, high), and two questions per level of development of each function attitude.

And if those levels were accurately targettable by suitable prompts... it's remains a damn shame that it's still up to the user to interpret the prompts. :smile:

Are you implying that you think you scored high Ne cuz you were mistaking it for Se???

Well I figure I must have been doing something wrong. I was able to give half a dozen definite "Not me"s but really only one definite "Exactly me". Seems like a sure sign of mixing up positive concepts.

Plus, given that some functions are semi-conscious, it seems likely that even for normal people being moderately conscientious about the test, there'll still be false-positives and -negatives at least from people over emphasizing or under emphasizing.

It'd be interesting to know which prompt is which and what relationship if any between various prompts is being supposed.

Nicodemus

You can look it up to some degree.

Code:
<table width=230><tr valign=bottom halign=left>
	<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=01 value=SeSe0b></td>
	<td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=01 value=SeSe1b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#c4c4c4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=01 value=SeSe2b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=01 value=SeSe3b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=01 value=SeSe4b></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<font face="Arial" size=2>
<p align=top> 1. Freely follow your gut instincts and exciting physical impulses as they come up.</p>

<p><br><div style="float: left">
	<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=02 value=NeNe0b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=02 value=NeNe1b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#c4c4c4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=02 value=NeNe2b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=02 value=NeNe3b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=02 value=NeNe4b></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 2. Offer various unrelated ideas and see what potential they might suggest.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=03 value=TeTe0b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=03 value=TeTe1b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#aaaaab><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=03 value=TeTe2b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=03 value=TeTe3b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=03 value=TeTe4b></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 3. Determine success by measurement or other objective method such as the time taken.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=04 value=FeFe0b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=04 value=FeFe1b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#aaaaab><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=04 value=FeFe2b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=04 value=FeFe3b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=04 value=FeFe4b></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 4. Feel inclined to be responsible for, and take care of, others' feelings.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=05 value=NiNi0b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=05 value=NiNi1b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#aaaaab><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=05 value=NiNi2b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=05 value=NiNi3b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=05 value=NiNi4b></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p style="margin-left: 230" align=top> 5. Experience a premonition or foresee the distant future.</p>

<p style="margin-left: 230" ><br><div style="float: left">
	<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=06 value=SiSi0b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=06 value=SiSi1b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#aaaaab><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=06 value=SiSi2b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=06 value=SiSi3b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=06 value=SiSi4b></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 6. Notice whether the details in front of you match what you are accustomed to.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=07 value=TiTi0b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=07 value=TiTi1b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#aaaaab><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=07 value=TiTi2b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=07 value=TiTi3b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=07 value=TiTi4b></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 7. Be guided by a definition, logical deduction, or other nugget of reasoning.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=08 value=FiFi0b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=08 value=FiFi1b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#aaaaab><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=08 value=FiFi2b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=08 value=FiFi3b></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=08 value=FiFi4b></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 8. Feel strongly that something is good or bad.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=09 value=FeFe0a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=09 value=FeFe1a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#c4c4c4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=09 value=FeFe2a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=09 value=FeFe3a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=09 value=FeFe4a></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 9. Compassionately take on someone else's needs as your own.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=10 value=TeTe0a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=10 value=TeTe1a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#c4c4c4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=10 value=TeTe2a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=10 value=TeTe3a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=10 value=TeTe4a></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 10. Construct an argument to convince someone using evidence clearly in front of you both.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=11 value=NiNi0a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=11 value=NiNi1a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#c4c4c4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=11 value=NiNi2a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=11 value=NiNi3a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=11 value=NiNi4a></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 11. Achieve a metamorphosis, definitive insight, or powerful vision of change.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=12 value=SiSi0a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=12 value=SiSi1a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#c4c4c4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=12 value=SiSi2a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=12 value=SiSi3a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=12 value=SiSi4a></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 12. Compare an experience against a storehouse of familiar experiences to find what's reliable.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=13 value=FiFi0a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=13 value=FiFi1a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#c4c4c4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=13 value=FiFi2a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=13 value=FiFi3a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=13 value=FiFi4a></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 13. Remain in touch with what you want for yourself, what motivates you, and what is good.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=14 value=TiTi0a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=14 value=TiTi1a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#c4c4c4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=14 value=TiTi2a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=14 value=TiTi3a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=14 value=TiTi4a></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 14. Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=15 value=SeSe0a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=15 value=SeSe1a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#c4c4c4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=15 value=SeSe2a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=15 value=SeSe3a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=15 value=SeSe4a></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 15. Enjoy the thrill of action and physical experience in the present moment.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=16 value=NeNe0a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=16 value=NeNe1a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#c4c4c4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=16 value=NeNe2a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=16 value=NeNe3a></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=16 value=NeNe4a></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 16. Enjoy playing with random interconnections and patterns.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=17 value=FeSi0c></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=17 value=FeSi1c></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#c4c4c4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=17 value=FeSi2c></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=17 value=FeSi3c></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=17 value=FeSi4c></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 17. Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.</p>

<td width="19%" bgColor=#e4e4e4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Not<br>Me<br><input type=radio name=18 value=TeNi0c></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#d4d4d4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Little Me<br><input type=radio name=18 value=TeNi1c></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#c4c4c4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Somewhat Me<br><input type=radio name=18 value=TeNi2c></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#b4b4b4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Mostly Me<br><input type=radio name=18 value=TeNi3c></td>
        <td width="19%" bgColor=#a4a4a4><font face="Arial" size=1><center>Exactly Me<br><input type=radio name=18 value=TeNi4c></td>
	<td width="5%"> </td>
</tr></table>
</div>
<p align=top> 18. Conceive of a comprehensive plan to maximize progress toward multiple goals at once.</p>

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Could be. But, for example, I'm pretty sure I recall hearing that MBTI as it stands today doesn't have an equal number of questions devoted to each dichotomy. Something about Myers-Briggs legacy + modern statistical research = some questions are known to be more revealling and some less so thus some have been kept and some junked and what's left is effective but still a mishmash.

Interesting. Never knew that about the MBTI, but it makes sense.

I'd assume, though, that this test is much younger, and thus hasn't been manipulated as much and has a better chance of being straight 6 questions / FA.

It felt that way while I was taking it and identifying which FA each question was referring to...

And if those levels were accurately targettable by suitable prompts... it's remains a damn shame that it's still up to the user to interpret the prompts. :smile:

:laugh:

I mean, until we get to the point where we're strapping ourselves up to something that reads brain waves, I don't think we're gunna get the level of objectivity we'd like...

Well I figure I must have been doing something wrong. I was able to give half a dozen definite "Not me"s but really only one definite "Exactly me". Seems like a sure sign of mixing up positive concepts.

Yeah, I took it a week or two ago, so my memory's already starting to fade a bit, but I do remember thinking for a couple of the functions that the prompts seemed to accentuate certain aspects of those functions while possibly neglecting other aspects of them. I remember Ni seeming very much about mysticism, symbolism, spirituality, and what not, and not as much about context-shifting, meta-perspectivizing, and what not.

Plus, given that some functions are semi-conscious, it seems likely that even for normal people being moderately conscientious about the test, there'll still be false-positives and -negatives at least from people over emphasizing or under emphasizing.

Yeah, no test is perfect...

It'd be interesting to know which prompt is which...

I'm pretty sure I could pick them out -- I felt as much while I was taking the test.

The couple prompts I know that I mistaked had to do with Ti (I thought they were referring to Se), and talked about "leverage".

I was thinking of "leverage" from more of a social power perspective, somewhat a la Socionics' description of Se, but, apparently it had to do with Ti...

My Ti score ended up coming out lower than on any other cognitive function test I've taken... (it's usually close to the top for me)

The ones I knew weren't making much sense to me were Si (and, by that, I mean that I just don't consciously think in the way the prompt described -- I knew they were pointing to Si, though), and so Si ended up coming out my lowest score of all...

All in all, I thought it was a pretty well-designed test.

...and what relationship if any between various prompts is being supposed.

Wait, are you questioning whether, in calculating your results, the test may figure that you mistakenly answered high on one prompt, when it was really due to you thinking it was referring to a different function than it actually was???

If that's what you're questioning, it would seem a bit difficult for an online test to handle, I would think...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This guy, Dario Nardi, along with writing a few books with Linda Berens, is a professor at UCLA, and is doing work on type and the functions using an EEG.

Nardi definitely knows what he is talking about. I like that guy.

He's an INTJ by the way.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Se
1. Freely follow your gut instincts and exciting physical impulses as they come up.

Ne
2. Offer various unrelated ideas and see what potential they might suggest.

Te
3. Determine success by measurement or other objective method such as the time taken.

Fe
4. Feel inclined to be responsible for, and take care of, others' feelings.

Ni
5. Experience a premonition or foresee the distant future.

Si
6. Notice whether the details in front of you match what you are accustomed to.

Ti
7. Be guided by a definition, logical deduction, or other nugget of reasoning.

Fi
8. Feel strongly that something is good or bad.

Fe
9. Compassionately take on someone else's needs as your own.

Te
10. Construct an argument to convince someone using evidence clearly in front of you both.

Ni
11. Achieve a metamorphosis, definitive insight, or powerful vision of change.

Si
12. Compare an experience against a storehouse of familiar experiences to find what's reliable.

Fi
13. Remain in touch with what you want for yourself, what motivates you, and what is good.

Ti
14. Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort.

Se
15. Enjoy the thrill of action and physical experience in the present moment.

Ne
16. Enjoy playing with random interconnections and patterns.

FeSi
17. Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

TeNi
18. Conceive of a comprehensive plan to maximize progress toward multiple goals at once.

FiSe
19. Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness.

TiNe
20. Concisely reference multiple frameworks at once while problem solving.

NiFe
21. Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions.

SiTe
22. Follow steps to ensure tasks are predictable and completed correctly.

NeFi
23. Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen.

SeTi
24. Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action.

Fi
25. Always remain true to what you want for yourself or others.

Ti
26. Analyze and critique what doesn't fit with a well-defined principle.

Si
27. Review a lot of information over time to confirm what is customary or standard.

Ni
28. Feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal, or mysterious.

Se
29. Instantly read visible cues to see just how far you can go.

Ne
30. Keep following tangents and new ideas without limiting yourself to one.

Te
31. Follow a straight line of reasoning.

Fe
32. Help make people feel comfortable by engaging in hosting and care-taking.

Te
33. Lay out methods for others to complete tasks in time- and resource-efficient ways.

Fe
34. Readily communicate personally to all members of a group to feel unity.

Ti
35. Fine-tune a definition or concept to support a theory, perspective or framework.

Fi
36. Evaluate what is worth believing in and most important to who you really are inside.

Ne
37. Weave into the current dynamics of a situation aspects of other, random contexts.

Se
38. Spur action and pull off results simply by making your presence felt.

Ni
39. Transform yourself by focusing inward on a specific way you foresee you will need to be.

Si
40. Fulfill the same regular work or activity everyday at a comfortable pace.

FeNi
41. Merge and feel intimate oNess with other people.

TeSi
42. Stick to making decisions based on impersonal measures such as points earned.

FiNe
43. Continually examine if choices harmonize with important beliefs.

TiSe
44. Take apart something to figure out the principles on which it works.

NiTe
45. Push your mental limits to complete an array of innovative achievements.

SiFe
46. Point out discrepancies between how things are and the way they have always been.

NeTi
47. Trust what emerges from brainstorming.

SeFi
48. Easily get in sync physically with people and things around you.

/assange

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Wait, are you questioning whether, in calculating your results, the test may figure that you mistakenly answered high on one prompt, when it was really due to you thinking it was referring to a different function than it actually was???

If that's what you're questioning, it would seem a bit difficult for an online test to handle, I would think...

But it'd be cool if there were such a mechanical tool... but I guess it requires that along with people having some insight into their main functions, there are also characteristic ways in which they can lack insight or misperceive their own functioning..... oooo, an online test that knows better than you do!!!

But naw, I was just being overly complex. Given that each prompt allows degrees of "that's me!"-ness, presumably the prompts are supposed to be relatively pure expressions of functions and the testee's degree of certainty that the prompt is "me" suggests the degree of prominence/consciousness of the function.

In today's DidYouKnow? Section, apparently Lickert scales are subject to cultural imperatives. Ask people to rate an item and offer 5 degrees of certainty and which degree they choose is at least partly determined by cultural character. Forced choice FTW!

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.3)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.2)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.2)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.2)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.2)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.1)
excellent use

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I might add that i did not like the wording on that test and that im not native english speaking.

Could someone tell me what sensors has as a skill that iNtinutive has not. sensing the surroundings? whats going on etc. that clock has moved since last time i was here++

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.1)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************** (29.1)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************************** (42.4)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.2)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********** (11.7)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.2)
good use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTJ

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.1)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.3)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************************** (52.7)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****** (6.6)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************** (18)
limited use

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTJ

Usehername

On a mission
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.7)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********** (10.5)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.2) (1.)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************** (32.9) (3.)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.7) (4.)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.8)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42) (2.)
excellent use

My Ti is getting a lot better because I'm in grad school and I need to use it a lot.