• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP and schizoid personality disorder

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My orthopedist once told me he think's I'm schizoid, or at least have a Cluster A personality disorder. I think I just can't stand doctors.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if you are you if you're not you're not.

i dunno but if you're user name is true maybe you're not but just think so much that you get scared.:shrug:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My orthopedist once told me he think's I'm schizoid, or at least have a Cluster A personality disorder. I think I just can't stand doctors.

Why would an ortho tell you this? I mean, what were you doing that would bring them to that conclusion?

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why would an ortho tell you this? I mean, what were you doing that would bring them to that conclusion?
If I only knew. I tend to act kind of hostile towards people I distrust, so that may be why. Doubt he's permitted to give any diagnosis anyway, although I know he also does psychotherapy. He's not a psychologist.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the main problem about this misconception is that most people don't know what spd is beyond the symptoms listed on wikipedia. It's a disorder on the schizophrenia spectrum, like the rest of the cluster A pds. It's basically schizophrenia but without the positive symptoms, so you still have a fragmented sense of self and you're still disconnected from reality, which then leads to the symptoms and behavior that resemble INTPness, but it doesn't have anything to do with type. I guess most schizoids would type themselves as INTP though.