• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] Ti-oo Honest

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm finding, as I've grown older, I've gotten sick of guarding my words. I'm beginning to have a sharp wit...so sharp, I'm afraid of outting myself from certain social circles. This doesn't really worry me as much anymore though as it did when I was growing up...sometimes, the truth, and affiliated joke that everyone was thinking, but no one dared say, needs to be spoken.

And so, my Ti-lead brothers and sisters, I've come to you. I don't want to filter myself as much anymore.
...is this, perhaps, the beginning stages of showcasing Ti?

Honestly, I feel alive in using it. I love making people gasp in shock...especially extroverted sensors who really have a hard time with sarcasm...and, sometimes the truth. I've gone rouge. Muhuhahhahahaa.

--Fuzzy

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm finding, as I've grown older, I've gotten sick of guarding my words. I'm beginning to have a sharp wit...so sharp, I'm afraid of outting myself from certain social circles. This doesn't really worry me as much anymore though as it did when I was growing up...sometimes, the truth, and affiliated joke that everyone was thinking, but no one dared say, needs to be spoken.

And so, my Ti-lead brothers and sisters, I've come to you. I don't want to filter myself as much anymore.

Honestly, I feel alive in using it. I love making people gasp in shock...especially extroverted sensors who really have a hard time with sarcasm...and, sometimes the truth. I've gone rouge. Muhuhahhahahaa.

Was there a question in there somewhere?

Not sure if it's "Ti" per se, I do think less filtering runs across all sorts of people as we age. We get sick of the bullshit; we stop caring as much if people leave us because we know who we are and we've built up a circle of people who WILL stand by us; and maybe we also realize that sometimes people need to be offended and/or have their realities jolted, it's good for them. Older people with more life experience have a better gauge on what the practical reality of being more abrasive will mean, and just might be willing and able to accept the outcomes.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
F

figsfiggyfigs

Time to burst that bubble in your avatar, and let the shit hit the fan.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Just always remember the Ti bluntness will always be from your perspective still. In which case make sure that the inner logic that you're going to expel is actually what is happening.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Not sure if it's "Ti" per se, I do think less filtering runs across all sorts of people as we age. We get sick of the bullshit; we stop caring as much if people leave us because we know who we are and we've built up a circle of people who WILL stand by us; and maybe we also realize that sometimes people need to be offended and/or have their realities jolted, it's good for them. Older people with more life experience have a better gauge on what the practical reality of being more abrasive will mean, and just might be willing and able to accept the outcomes.

This. :)

I read somewhere that as we age, we steadily lose our creativity as social conditioning and education quashes it out of us. At some point, usually way into adulthood, individuals will decide 'screw this, I don't care what other people think!' and that's when they become creative again. This could very well apply to blunt honesty as well as creativity.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This. :) I read somewhere that as we age, we steadily lose our creativity as social conditioning and education quashes it out of us. At some point, usually way into adulthood, individuals will decide 'screw this, I don't care what other people think!' and that's when they become creative again. This could very well apply to blunt honesty as well as creativity.

Yeah. Some of that IS legitimate exploration -- I mean, you think something is good (including socialization), but maybe at some point, long-term, you grow to see that it has a negative outcome or isn't worth the cost. So you change back.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This. :) I read somewhere that as we age, we steadily lose our creativity as social conditioning and education quashes it out of us. At some point, usually way into adulthood, individuals will decide 'screw this, I don't care what other people think!' and that's when they become creative again. This could very well apply to blunt honesty as well as creativity.

Yeah. Some of that IS legitimate exploration -- I mean, you think something is good (including socialization), but maybe at some point, long-term, you grow to see that it has a negative outcome or isn't worth the cost. So you change back.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

--Fuzzy

OMG, you are regressing into an XNTP teenager! :horor:

You should visit the clinic, they may have a cure for that.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
(In reply to Jennifer) It's that old 'everything is good in moderation' thing... always bites me in the butt. :) I agree.. often we also censor or restrict ourselves out of good intentions or a spirit of getting along with others, but after a while the censored bit will begin to act up. As we get older, we also tend not to be so self-conscious, or at least we use more finesse when balancing what we're thinking/feeling vs what is socially acceptable. Maybe it's the beginning of wisdom!

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, it's certainly not coming out of my backside like everything else does. It's pure, unadulterated truth.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Honesty is a good thing. I think people should try it out.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Truth is a good thing, and sarcasm is a way of getting the truth across but if you worry what others might think of you Ti is your worst enemy.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why bequeath to me, INFP, such a vile, and false opinion that thee, upon pulling it out of thine own ass, it soundeth crass, and forces jest laughs, there is not enough truth in your self-indulgent soup for me to pay any attention at the mention of mine own rear-mass. :thelook: