• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] Ti-oo Honest

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Why bequeath to me, INFP, such a vile, and false opinion that thee, upon pulling it out of thine own ass, it soundeth crass, and forces jest laughs, there is not enough truth in your self-indulgent soup for me to pay any attention at the mention of mine own rear-mass. :thelook:

Stop being such a feeler.

Shakespeare you are not. By the way, you forgot to bow. :cheese:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Though flora may fly with audience ovation, your invitation for torso declination leaves me concerned for your prosterier motivation.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think speaking ones mind is fundamentally important to develop an own personality by all means. It's totally indifferent from in what social circle you speak your mind, I even do it in business and not always for my own good. I think if you do that you show integrity of self that way. But you need to remember, it's important that you are polite when you do it, so a certain extent of listening to others and understanding others is necessary to convey your opinion without insulting them. Insulting every five year old can do, good criticism is a thing one has to learn.

I think it's not difficult to learn speaking ones mind, the really difficult thing is to keep your opinion under stress and maintain it, even when everyone picks on you because of your opinion. The next huge step after that is knowing where you went wrong and be able tho you had a big mouth, to accept you did a mistake.

If you can manage all that, your emotional self becomes invulnerable, but very secluded at the same time. And I think the last sentence talks more about your real problem

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Tempered Ji is always appropriate if done in a respected manner. Consider your audience.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
A lot of times what I want to say (my "first instinct response") isn't actually what comes out of my mouth. If what I want to say could be seen as innappropriate or could hurt someone's feelings, Fe will usually "catch" my tongue at the very last second. The other day I was walking through the mall - in full Ti mode - focused on what I was there to do, walking with a purpose, and getting things done efficiently. One of the holiday salespeople started to approach me and I could tell she was about to open her mouth and start giving me a sales pitch. I almost stuck out my hand as if to stop her and said, "Not really feeling it right now." My natural instinct was to say that and to just keep walking. But, Fe, the good angel on my other shoulder, reminds me that there's a better, nicer, more pleasant way to deal with it. To not be a total "grinch". I couldn't help but laugh inside because it was such a random, blunt thing that Ti came up with. I try to give Ti a voice - I think it's very effective in a lot of situations, but if it were to have total free reign, it really would damage a lot of friendships/relationships - or even make it very difficult to make friends or to have meaningful professional relationships of any kind. Sometimes Ti is overused and other times its underused.

It's not that I'm a jerk at my core, it's just that I'm so intensely focused on what I'm doing. It's sometimes like a little kid who sees a big chocolate factory way down at the end of the mall. He's going to keep his eyes and thoughts focused on that destination until he reaches it. Anyone trying to stop him and talk about something else is going to aggravate him and pull him away from where he wants to be.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Though flora may fly with audience ovation, your invitation for torso declination leaves me concerned for your prosterier motivation.

No worries. I want nothing to do with your ass.

At least I shall assume that is what you mean, since you spelled 'posterior' incorrectly.

Were you drunk? :shrug:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, unlike you, we get sunlight down here, so there's no reason to be. I just need a speak n' spell. :)p

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you looking to develop stronger Ti? Well perhaps this is related and maybe it isn't. This in itself can't tell me, though I could guess at this point that it might be the sign of a more relaxed Fe. Seems like some cognitive experimentation as far as how to harmonize with others, not quite changing your dominant function but playing around with it... or something like that.