Thread: Ti-oo Honest

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    This. I read somewhere that as we age, we steadily lose our creativity as social conditioning and education quashes it out of us. At some point, usually way into adulthood, individuals will decide 'screw this, I don't care what other people think!' and that's when they become creative again. This could very well apply to blunt honesty as well as creativity.
    Yeah. Some of that IS legitimate exploration -- I mean, you think something is good (including socialization), but maybe at some point, long-term, you grow to see that it has a negative outcome or isn't worth the cost. So you change back.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This. I read somewhere that as we age, we steadily lose our creativity as social conditioning and education quashes it out of us. At some point, usually way into adulthood, individuals will decide 'screw this, I don't care what other people think!' and that's when they become creative again. This could very well apply to blunt honesty as well as creativity.
    Yeah. Some of that IS legitimate exploration -- I mean, you think something is good (including socialization), but maybe at some point, long-term, you grow to see that it has a negative outcome or isn't worth the cost. So you change back.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    I'm finding, as I've grown older, I've gotten sick of guarding my words. I'm beginning to have a sharp wit...so sharp, I'm afraid of outting myself from certain social circles. This doesn't really worry me as much anymore though as it did when I was growing up...sometimes, the truth, and affiliated joke that everyone was thinking, but no one dared say, needs to be spoken.

And so, my Ti-lead brothers and sisters, I've come to you. I don't want to filter myself as much anymore.
    ...is this, perhaps, the beginning stages of showcasing Ti?

Honestly, I feel alive in using it. I love making people gasp in shock...especially extroverted sensors who really have a hard time with sarcasm...and, sometimes the truth. I've gone rouge. Muhuhahhahahaa.

--Fuzzy
    OMG, you are regressing into an XNTP teenager! :horor:

You should visit the clinic, they may have a cure for that.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

(In reply to Jennifer) It's that old 'everything is good in moderation' thing... always bites me in the butt. I agree.. often we also censor or restrict ourselves out of good intentions or a spirit of getting along with others, but after a while the censored bit will begin to act up. As we get older, we also tend not to be so self-conscious, or at least we use more finesse when balancing what we're thinking/feeling vs what is socially acceptable. Maybe it's the beginning of wisdom!

MBTI
    N>JI

Maybe it's the beginning of wisdom!
    Or the end.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Well, it's certainly not coming out of my backside like everything else does. It's pure, unadulterated truth.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INTP

Honesty is a good thing. I think people should try it out.

MBTI
    SEXY

Truth is a good thing, and sarcasm is a way of getting the truth across but if you worry what others might think of you Ti is your worst enemy.
    (removed)

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Well, it's certainly not coming out of my backside like everything else does. It's pure, unadulterated truth.

riiiiiiight...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Why bequeath to me, INFP, such a vile, and false opinion that thee, upon pulling it out of thine own ass, it soundeth crass, and forces jest laughs, there is not enough truth in your self-indulgent soup for me to pay any attention at the mention of mine own rear-mass.
    Love is the point.