User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Default INTPs, Do You Have An Art Form?

Had a paint brush hit me in the head out of the blue the other day, and like Emit Brown's own knock on the noggin, I came to a brilliant realization...INTPs are Si tertiaries...you will find them socially in the art world.

Artists girls that are deep...seeeexy.

It's been a long time since I helped curate a gallery in college; recently, my boss and I decided to go that same route, and we're in the process of turning our small office into an art gallery (dark curtains, lighting and all). Also realized I might have a talent for artist management...seriously considering doing so for a few friends of mine. The funny thing is, apart from my desire for hawt paint covered lovin', I never really considered my interest in the art world anywhere near my interest in finding my mate. Always kind of thought it just went hand in hand for my secret 4 desire to be a city-dweller, with their cool coffee-house-in-the-wall culture, and their fashionable clothes that nobody in the 'burbs would ever consider wearing.

Happy thoughts.

So tell me INTPs, do you have an art form? Your body only counts if you have the model shots to prove it.

--Fuzzy
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

You confuse me. INTP's are mostly male.

I have no arts, just maths.

Paintings usually mean nothing. Just visual perceptual property corresponding in humans to the categories called red, green, blue and others.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm a musician. Does this count?
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    You confuse me. INTP's are mostly male.
    mostly, but go to INTPc to find more, and there's some an INTPforum as well.

I have no arts, just maths. Paintings usually mean nothing. Just visual perceptual property corresponding in humans to the categories called red, green, blue and others.
    That's kind of boring.

I think within INTPs, there are two basic groups -- those who have aesthetic sensibilities (typically your more N based ones) and those who are more rationalist (the T based ones). It might also fall along the lines of the 5w4's versus the 5w6's.

I like evocative art. I don't care whether it's visual, audial, spatial, or kinetic -- either it resonates and evokes intangibles, or it does not. And what evokes intangibles is stuff that seems reflective of some large Real Pattern in the universe. it captures stuff on a big picture level. So we're talking mood, ambiance, feeling, big picture modeling, whatever. Moving away from the more humanistic and into the physical models of the world, we're talking dance and especially martial arts and other forms of pure physical movement that captures the very spatial laws of physics, etc.

As far as personal modes of expression, I use music (piano, mostly), writing, visual art (photoshoping and cartooning).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Lately, I've been entertaining the idea that I'm INTP (and I'm somewhat of an artist.. more of a musician), but that aside, I think the 5w4s might be more commonly artists. Seems like others might be a bit too sequential in their thinking. Even as someone who types as Ti, I don't express myself that way, be it in speech or creativity (that could be an S thing, I dunno). Not that being highly technical prevents one from being artistic, but it seems like those types are likened to some virtuoso in a symphony who could blow away people with their skills, but may have a harder time just improvising something or having fun with a simple jam session.

edit: Or, what Jen said.

MBTI
    INTP

I can look at things I've written, said, or done and say to myself that under certain circumstances they would be hailed as great, innovative works. All words though, hardly distinct and strewn amongst a lot of unremarkable statements and poorly refined attempts to appear poetic or intellectual.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    mostly, but go to INTPc to find more, and there's some an INTPforum as well.
    I know they exist. It's just weird that the OP makes a sudden connection of artistic INTP's to females. I mean, what? incorrect hidden implications!

That's kind of boring.

I think within INTPs, there are two basic groups -- those who have aesthetic sensibilities (typically your more N based ones) and those who are more rationalist (the T based ones). It might also fall along the lines of the 5w4's versus the 5w6's.

I like evocative art. I don't care whether it's visual, audial, spatial, or kinetic -- either it resonates and evokes intangibles, or it does not. And what evokes intangibles is stuff that seems reflective of some large Real Pattern in the universe. it captures stuff on a big picture level. So we're talking mood, ambiance, feeling, big picture modeling, whatever. Moving away from the more humanistic and into the physical models of the world, we're talking dance and especially martial arts and other forms of pure physical movement that captures the very spatial laws of physics, etc.
    Well, I like objects(such as melodic sound) that has a strong relationships that exists outside of itself. It could relate to another fact or it could be by itself a symbolic occurrence. I.E. I'm not boring, I just like "objects" with meaning.

And it doesn't make sense to have "N INTP's" and "T INTP's". INTP's are restricted to being Dom Ti therefore all should be "T INTPs".

MBTI
    INTP

Still, one would hope there is room for some sub-categorization. Being Ti dominant is one thing, but one could still analyze a group of INTPs and see that some are aesthetic-oriented to a greater degree than others.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Still, one would hope there is room for some sub-categorization. Being Ti dominant is one thing, but one could still analyze a group of INTPs and see that some are aesthetic-oriented to a greater degree than others.
    Yes. But none should prefer their N over their T. If you really like to slash with your sword and you like to slash with your axe, you will still use your sword over your axe. Therefore, there is no way that N could surpass T by a large margin.

I mean, Where is "T" in art? I can see N. But this is completely ignoring the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I just sent a rep on this to Jen, but I think socionics explains more than MBTI (depending on the source at least). It lines up with her idea that perceiver subtypes tend to be more holistic or aesthetes.