• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs, Do You Have An Art Form?

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Anybody in a gallery or have an album?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Actually, I have :tongue:. A few years ago my local church choir recorded a Christmas album in a tiny recording studio for charity. Myself and another flute player my age featured on it in a few different songs. Hardly anything spectacular but still a lot of fun!

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I do metalworking in the form of mobiles (link shows examples of what they are), can play an instrument, and write - the last in a variety of odd forms. I do love evocative art, music and writing as Jennifer does.

Edit: Tallulah brought up something I forgot - I dance (hip-hop), and have for quite some time.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Music, theatre, and writing. I appreciate art, and have taken several classes, but am only average at best. Better than your average novice, but nowhere near exceptional. I'm also naturally pretty decent at dancing, but not trained or exceptional. I seem to be drawn to doing things that I have an aptitude for but don't come terribly easily.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wow, well I seem to be on the right track here. :) Always wanted a proper excuse to explore my creative side a bit more.

metasapiens

MBTI Type
N>JI
Music with lots of math and soul inside (devin tooooowwwnns... haha)

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
Errr, by objective standards I am an amateur.

But I do play the piano, act in plays, draw, paint. I've been trained and continue to do all these but I'm not an artist, nor have I ever thought of myself as such.

You wouldn't pick me out in a coffeeshop, much less want to pick me up in one.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
I do metalworking in the form of mobiles (link shows examples of what they are), can play an instrument, and write - the last in a variety of odd forms. I do love evocative art, music and writing as Jennifer does.

metalworking? I kinda have a crush on you now. Damn!

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mobiles are very expressive, and I tend to like the ones that acutally spin in the wind. :)

sleepy

The pen is mightier then the sword. But a photograph is mightier then the pen.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And it doesn't make sense to have "N INTP's" and "T INTP's". INTP's are restricted to being Dom Ti therefore all should be "T INTPs".

I think she means INTPs who have good Ne vs. INTP who focuse strictly on Ti, INTPs with fairly decent Ne are likely to be more "broad" and expansive than INTPs with poor Ne.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm doing graphic design, I have been drawing since I was about 7(self-taught too). It's funny the OP mentioned Si because I think it plays a great deal with the way I approach art, like I have a feel for mood tones in photographs and know how to draw a human face almost automatically without thinking about it(it's been many years of practice though). I "sense" the distance of the nose from the mouth, where the lower part of the ear should usually meet with the bottom part of the nose. I would like to do music soon too, I already have a guitar but I don't know how to play it well.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think she means INTPs who have good Ne vs. INTP who focuse strictly on Ti, INTPs with fairly decent Ne are likely to be more "broad" and expansive than INTPs with poor Ne.

Skill over Preference?

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I redesign guitars and play them.

Music, Comedy & Art are my forms of art, and I'm an INTP.