• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] what is healthy INTP?

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
I just read a "unhealthy INTP thread "and seems to fit me well. Hoping I have at least something good going for me.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Health is defined by the level of internal harmony between the self and hir functions. Does your instinct respect you and do you respect your instinct back? How much have you trained it?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A healthy INTP is good at acting. :D

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
A healthy INTP is good at acting. :D

^ This. :tongue:

I would say a healthy INTP is one who has come to terms with the fact that he thinks quite differently to a large chunk of the population, who is at peace with himself and the world, and who is generally happy in life (this goes for all types).

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A healthy INTP can effectively use his or her nonpreffered functions at appropriate times.

A healthy INTP is appreciative of his or her natural strengths.

A healthy INTP is aware that he or she thinks differently than the majority of the population and is okay with that.

A healthy INTP is accepting of others' personality styles and doesn't try to convince others that his or her style is somehow more superior.

metasapiens

MBTI Type
N>JI
IMO an healthy INTP doesn't over-invest his dominant function .. he's more creative, more open to his feelings, less passive-aggressive, and most probably, a matter of hormones I guess, .. female :biggrin:

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A healthy INTP can effectively use his or her nonpreffered functions at appropriate times.

A healthy INTP is appreciative of his or her natural strengths.

A healthy INTP is aware that he or she thinks differently than the majority of the population and is okay with that.

A healthy INTP is accepting of others' personality styles and doesn't try to convince others that his or her style is somehow more superior.

IMO an healthy INTP doesn't over-invest his dominant function .. he's more creative, more open to his feelings, less passive-aggressive, and most probably, a matter of hormones I guess, .. female :biggrin:

This. I assume it has a lot to do with balance and not being a walking caricature. I don´t think you have to be female for this - I know one or two rather well balanced male INTPs in real life - but it might help, given that both the biological predisposition and social pressure push women towards greater social and emotional awareness. This can get a bit schizophrenic at times with your hormones/upbringing saying one thing and your type-based preference pointing into another direction. Let´s hope the result is a healthy balance!

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I cringe every time I hear the word "healthy" applied to any type. The majority of the time that word is used to refer to people that are like oneself. So someone who uses a considerable amount of Fe will almost always define "healthy" as the ability to get a long with others. The idea of health was simple enough when it referred to physical ailments that may lead to death. The idea of mental illness has always been iffy and questionable when referring to ailments such as ADD, since natural variations and cultural differences can effect the definition of "healthy" or "normal". The idea that someone can be unhealthy due to personality variations such as an unbalanced use of Ti in comparison to Se is so plainly ridiculous that it hardly even deserves to be considered.

-On a coincidental note, my idea of a healthy INTP is an INTP who is ambitious, direct in communication, and apt to make detailed plans for future events. :newwink: