User Tag List

MBTI
    intp

Default what is healthy INTP?

I just read a "unhealthy INTP thread "and seems to fit me well. Hoping I have at least something good going for me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Health is defined by the level of internal harmony between the self and hir functions. Does your instinct respect you and do you respect your instinct back? How much have you trained it?

MBTI
    INTP

I can still do pull-ups

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

A healthy INTP is good at acting.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    A healthy INTP is good at acting.
    ^ This.

I would say a healthy INTP is one who has come to terms with the fact that he thinks quite differently to a large chunk of the population, who is at peace with himself and the world, and who is generally happy in life (this goes for all types).
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

A healthy INTP can effectively use his or her nonpreffered functions at appropriate times.

A healthy INTP is appreciative of his or her natural strengths.

A healthy INTP is aware that he or she thinks differently than the majority of the population and is okay with that.

A healthy INTP is accepting of others' personality styles and doesn't try to convince others that his or her style is somehow more superior.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    N>JI

IMO an healthy INTP doesn't over-invest his dominant function .. he's more creative, more open to his feelings, less passive-aggressive, and most probably, a matter of hormones I guess, .. female

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    A healthy INTP can effectively use his or her nonpreffered functions at appropriate times.

A healthy INTP is appreciative of his or her natural strengths.

A healthy INTP is aware that he or she thinks differently than the majority of the population and is okay with that.

A healthy INTP is accepting of others' personality styles and doesn't try to convince others that his or her style is somehow more superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by metasapiens View Post
    IMO an healthy INTP doesn't over-invest his dominant function .. he's more creative, more open to his feelings, less passive-aggressive, and most probably, a matter of hormones I guess, .. female
    This. I assume it has a lot to do with balance and not being a walking caricature. I don´t think you have to be female for this - I know one or two rather well balanced male INTPs in real life - but it might help, given that both the biological predisposition and social pressure push women towards greater social and emotional awareness. This can get a bit schizophrenic at times with your hormones/upbringing saying one thing and your type-based preference pointing into another direction. Let´s hope the result is a healthy balance!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

I cringe every time I hear the word "healthy" applied to any type. The majority of the time that word is used to refer to people that are like oneself. So someone who uses a considerable amount of Fe will almost always define "healthy" as the ability to get a long with others. The idea of health was simple enough when it referred to physical ailments that may lead to death. The idea of mental illness has always been iffy and questionable when referring to ailments such as ADD, since natural variations and cultural differences can effect the definition of "healthy" or "normal". The idea that someone can be unhealthy due to personality variations such as an unbalanced use of Ti in comparison to Se is so plainly ridiculous that it hardly even deserves to be considered.

-On a coincidental note, my idea of a healthy INTP is an INTP who is ambitious, direct in communication, and apt to make detailed plans for future events.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox