• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Reintroducing myself as an INTP

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
What did you used to be, ESFJ?

I started out as an INTP, changed into an INTJ (I think it was the medication that I was on...); but I stopped the medication and now I'm back to being an INTP. All hail!

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Welcome to the brigade. Now side with me in my plot to destroy my INTJ best friend mortal enemy.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you allowed to just change types at will?

It's not that people actually change type frequently, it's that some people may be confused about their cognitive functions(like their dominant, aux, tert), or they may use the dichotomous sliding scales(from MBTI) to determine their type. Changing from INTJ to INTP is actually a HUGE jump because these types share zero functions in common even though they may appear very similar/have similar interests(like they're both generally nerd-ish types he he:smile:).

INTPs lead with Ti and have Ne as kind of an exploratory attitude, Ti wants fine precision with ideas and the way they're expressed, highly fine tuning it's internal theoretical systems while Ni is more prespective shifting/amorphous with ideas, it probably finds Ti very limiting in it's quest for an all encompassing internal vision . Also Ne is what might give INTPs that "scatterbrained, absent-minded" vibe while Te is alot more focused on external implementation of ideas, so INTJs might have a more grounded, focused "pragmatic" demeanor compared to an INTP. Ne is out to gather as much interesting abstract information/ideas as possible, it's motivation is more pure curiousity than having any ideas actualized in IRL. Ti is also alot more depth based than Te so it goes alot deeper into understanding impersonal/logical ideas/information.

So that J/P divide is a BIG ONE, perceivers and judgers differ alot more compared to the other preferences/dimensions