• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Posts here mean I'm bored

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
The main difference I notice (which I have before, and still do) is that this place has a surreal bright/colorful thing going on. There are also all these crazy Canadian flags on everything. Unlike the US, where they're pretty rare, there is a Canadian flag hanging on everything, printed on everything, flying over everything, printed on many people, sewn in people's underwear, tattooed on mentionables and unmentionables, etc, etc, etc. I'm drowning in a sea of red!

Welcome comrade. The flags are an aberration - at least around where I live they are. And I live in the Capital. Canada Day is on July 1st. They start the preperations early.

I have just the opposite reaction when we head down east. So many American Flags.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Wolf you also have to realize that you're in the Capital of BC, in Victoria where our parliament buildings are.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Welcome comrade. The flags are an aberration - at least around where I live they are. And I live in the Capital. Canada Day is on July 1st. They start the preperations early.

I have just the opposite reaction when we head down east. So many American Flags.

Wolf you also have to realize that you're in the Capital of BC, in Victoria where our parliament buildings are.

It's true in all of Canada, not just capitals. I've been a few places in this country before...

After being up here for months a number of years ago, returning to the US seemed weird, and aside from the border checkpoint, I didn't see a US flag for at least a few miles. We just don't have them out like they do here...

I should go sit in on a meeting of your crazy government, but last time I watched it on TV I laughed. It was such a farce that I don't think I could contain myself in person.

Of course, this country probably doesn't let mere mortals sit in to watch the elected officials like we can in the US.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have been bored since I got here. Nothing is working, this company is a farce, and having worked with a number of people with freaking Masters degrees from Canadian universities, I have come to the stark conclusion that their higher education is no better than the one in the US, in fact, it's worse. These people are far friendlier and more diplomatic, but they don't know a damned thing about anything technical. It isn't even funny anymore, these people are flat incompetent.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Canadians are crazy. Nothing more to say about it, they just are.

Oh yes, and I watched someone have a terrible relatively-low-speed motorcycle accident today right next to me. Wow, that was crazy to see. I hope they survived.

This is a crazy place...

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Canadians are crazy. Nothing more to say about it, they just are.

Oh yes, and I watched someone have a terrible relatively-low-speed motorcycle accident today right next to me. Wow, that was crazy to see. I hope they survived.

This is a crazy place...

This posts makes me need to share a story about Portland Oregon.

So Paul and I are in Portland back in '98 just before we were married, it was our first visit to the place and I must admit that we were easily lost. Anyway we were driving down a street that was 4 lanes wide and this car passes us on the right hand side honking and I can here all the yelling. As I watch beside me I see the car behind it repeatedly hitting the car infront of it. I look over and this woman who had been yelling looks at me and says "it's okay that's my car" I just nodded my head and said none of my business. Then I looked at Paul and he at me and we got out of their way. It was freaking scarey.

Then there was last year in Seaside Oregon we were on the main strip just wandering when I look to my right and see a man sitting in a wheel chair with more hanging out of his too short '80's shorts :eek:

Don't dis the Canadians man! :heart: you know I love you right wolfee!

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's true, I like Canadians a lot. As I may or may not have mentioned, of the three girls I've dated, two were Canadians. I've also noticed that I'm not freakishly short here, there are some taller people, but most are not much taller than me, and most of the females are shorter! It's crazy, because most females in the US are taller than I am...

They're also so pasty and attractive. *swoon*

And I won't comment on Oregon, as it is a total freakshow, and I can't figure why Canadians always go there. One left on vacation up here to go to Los Angeles (why? I don't know), and he was trying to find somewhere to camp in Oregon, because he planned to stay there for a while. I don't get it, I found Portland positively annoying and lame.

Oh yes, Canadians also love to show up in our national parks with huge RVs... They do annoy me on the highways, since they can't seem to drive as fast as Americans. They drive so slow here.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
If we get a speeding ticket in the US they will not let us back into Canada until it's paid. Most of us can't afford the tickets to begin with and then you add the exchange rate.... we're doomed!

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
If we get a speeding ticket in the US they will not let us back into Canada until it's paid. Most of us can't afford the tickets to begin with and then you add the exchange rate.... we're doomed!
You're kidding, right?

The exchange rate is pretty reasonable for Canadians now. It sucks ass for me, though, because while the exchange rate went down, the prices remained the same. Therefore my meals have been freakishly expensive in comparison to what they would be in the US. Subway is about the same price after conversion, Tim Horton's is genuinely cheap, but most other places are 1.5-2 times as much as they would be in the US, which was about right when the exchange rate was crappy.

I think I may have made it off without a ticket this time *crosses fingers*, I hope they don't have covert photo-cops here. I have the hardest time driving as slow as they want me to here, even in this utterly gutless Canadian automobile running E85.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
lol

I really wish I was kidding. But your ticket prices are more expensive than ours. The exchange rate is nice and low and I am always amazed at how much more it is there to shop in the grocery stores as compared to going out for dinner. It was all rather shocking to me.

The last time we shopped there Paul bought a box of Oatmeal for 4.99 it's only 2.57 here. And that was when the exchange rate was closer to 1.25. I couldn't believe it truth be told!

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
lol

I really wish I was kidding. But your ticket prices are more expensive than ours. The exchange rate is nice and low and I am always amazed at how much more it is there to shop in the grocery stores as compared to going out for dinner. It was all rather shocking to me.

The last time we shopped there Paul bought a box of Oatmeal for 4.99 it's only 2.57 here. And that was when the exchange rate was closer to 1.25. I couldn't believe it truth be told!
Astounding. Yes, I did notice that your grocery stores were freaky cheap while your places to eat out were freaky expensive. Actually, your chocolate has gone way up, I used to be able to buy Coffee Crisp bars for the equivalent of 20 US cents...

I had a hard time staying within allowance for the trip when I was there. I spent somewhere around 50-60 CDN a day on eating out.

Many of our stores are quite cheap, but you guys do have that on us, and you make more of your loons per hour working because they were once worth so much less.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
God Wolf I love your place and I love that your a clean freak! Isn't it nice to have everything in order? I realise that it's a psychological problem (for me anyway) and I am trying to lighten up. Cleaning around after three kids and a husband is exhausting! I've gone through two swiffer sweeper vacs in less than a year.

Great view too :)

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
God Wolf I love your place and I love that your a clean freak! Isn't it nice to have everything in order? I realise that it's a psychological problem (for me anyway) and I am trying to lighten up. Cleaning around after three kids and a husband is exhausting! I've gone through two swiffer sweeper vacs in less than a year.

Great view too :)
Thanks. :) I'm just super-efficient and logical, so I only have stuff I need to live and for my projects. It is nice to have everything in order, so much nicer than the way my parents live...

If I had three kinds and a husband, first I would have a story about how such an unlikely thing happened, but secondly, I don't think I would be able to keep up, either, especially if I did something for income (I seem to recall you do).

Yeah, I like the view, too, even though it's not as important a selling point to me as they thought it would be to most people...