User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Sure you're not an INTJ or some other workaholic-prone type?

The ISTJs are funny because they work for extremely consistent hours, eat at extremely consistent times, go to their breaks at extremely consistent times, and even use the bathroom at extremely consistent times. They're so curious to watch.
    Yes...it's like if they don't their lives will unravel. To be uncertain about one's digestive comings and goings means certain death.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Lack of sleep is as bad as being drunk.

I think I went way over the top last night...in a bad way. This will eat at me all day, I just know it.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Lack of sleep is as bad as being drunk.

I think I went way over the top last night...in a bad way. This will eat at me all day, I just know it.
    What happened? Dare I ask?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    What happened? Dare I ask?
    You were there idling...

Another random thought: I actually screwed up with an orchid, which is pretty rare for me, but it happens sometimes. I cut off a raceme that you would cut off a Cattleya because they don't continue blooming after all the flowers have dropped. However, it turns out that an Epidendrum can continue to use the same raceme indefinitely. The plant is adding new blooms to the racemes faster than the old ones wither and fall off, and all I am doing is watering and feeding the plant, too. Apparently they quit watering them after they went to the store, just like most orchids at such places. It's crazy how well they grow with proper light and a little water...

MBTI
    INTJ

Unfortunate. I got less sleep than I should have, myself.

Were you working on something?
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Unfortunate. I got less sleep than I should have, myself.
    I did, too. It's not good, because I need to come up with a complex system today, and I'm still uncertain about anything beyond a very high level.

Were you working on something?
    I worked later at work, then after I drank a smoothie thing, I hunkered down and started chatting on IRC. It was...interesting...but lasted way too long and I feel like I went way over the line, so now I regret things. That's the problem with a lack of sleep, which is like being drunk, as I mentioned above.

MBTI
    INTJ

I did, too. It's not good, because I'm expected to pitch a system model to some select engineers today, and I'm still uncertain about anything beyond a very high level.
    Unfortunate. Engineers? Hope it goes well for you, though.

I had a final this morning.

I worked later at work, then after I drank a smoothie thing, I hunkered down and started chatting on IRC. It was...interesting...but lasted way too long and I feel like I went way over the line, now I regret things. That's the problem with a lack of sleep, which is like being drunk, as I mentioned above.
    I've done similar on occasion-mostly under stress. Not usually a good thing.

I'm always tired if I have to get up at six in the morning, though.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Unfortunate. Engineers? Hope it goes well for you, though.
    Thankfully, they trust me and therefore I can probably just give them the high level.

I had a final this morning.
    I always hated early morning finals, or anything early morning, for that matter. Sadly, I had to take earlier classes because I had to work in the afternoons as a rule.

I've done similar on occasion-mostly under stress. Not usually a good thing.
    No, it isn't.

I'm always tired if I have to get up at six in the morning, though.
    Same here, but that's how the world likes to run.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I worked later at work, then after I drank a smoothie thing, I hunkered down and started chatting on IRC. It was...interesting...but lasted way too long and I feel like I went way over the line, so now I regret things. That's the problem with a lack of sleep, which is like being drunk, as I mentioned above.
    So, that had to be interesting to see. I wasn't present at all. I just started going through chatzilla and am afraid to close the window, for fear I won't know how to get back. That's why I've been there non-stop.

I think people typically go way over the line in IRC, so maybe it wasn't so bad? It seems like a majority of the time the chats involve humorous remarks about the grossest possible topics: poop, bodily openings and fluids, maiming, hating, etc. It's a whole new approach to small talk.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

More orchid info:

Epidendrum picture.
    It looks a lot like this one, only a different color, and the plant is growing vertically in bark (the one in the picture will ground root), so my flowers are curiously upside-down. As the racemes grow out, like the one in the picture, they might start curving down and looking a bit more natural... This little one is at 6 racemes right now, with two new ones getting ready to bloom for the first time.

The Dendrobium keeps opening blooms, slowly, and they are remaining for quite a while. I love how it's starting to perk up so much - the leaves looked a bit unhealthy in there where it was sitting, now some of the unhealthy ones are dropping and being replaced by healthy ones with the neatest purple edges and center veins. It would be worth growing for the unique leaf coloration alone, let alone the medium-small lavender and white blooms. I must imagine that the root system is happier now, too, as another cane is growing vigorously. The root system on this plant looked pretty sorry when I pulled it out after coming home, and it still has some anchoring problems in the new container because it's so top-heavy in comparison to the roots.