User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Default ENTP on emotional lockdown?

Is it common for ENTPs to have emotional walls? And for these emotional walls to come about rather suddenly?

Is it common for an ENTP to just...emotionally lockdown like that?

Any thoughts?!? D:
    Last edited by Vie; 11-29-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You were forcibly removed from his house?

Why do you want to talk to him after he forcibly removed you from his house? Is it because you believe that he *does* feel something but is going through some kind of weird thing because he's leaving for the military?

For him to say that he doesn't even feel anything for you AS A FRIEND is weird after four years, even if he has lost romantic feelings.

My ESFJ ex has said things like that, but he has serious psychological problems and was abusing prescription pills at the time.

Is it one of those things where you're going to sit there and say, "You love me. I know you love me! Yes you do! Stop this!" ?

I dunno but I don't think it has anything to do with type. I feel like there are details missing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

P.S. I can tell you what "works" in situations such as these...dis-a-fucking-ppear. Don't talk to him. Shut him out.

That'll probably jog his memory pretty fast.

Banned

Sounds the opposite of unemotional despite his protestations; he might need a calm down injection and has lost the ability to think reasonably. Of course, you may just be wiser to say to confirm that his behaviour is so bizarre and inappropriate you don't want to be exposed to it again. (wouldn't be the first time!)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I have to agree with marmalade on this one. Distance might be your best friend here. If he doesn't come back, then you are probably better off without him.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

^^^^

Yeah, I should have added that. The distance will either clear his head and make him see how much he does care for you, or if it doesn't, then you're still acting in your own best interest.

You need to stay with the fact that he forcibly removed you from his house. Any time something like that happens, if you try to talk things out with him or make him see how much he loves you, you're just disrespecting yourself.

I see relationships as an energy balance. If one partner gets too much energy, and the other loses too much energy (stay with me here...I don't mean like physical energy, I mean like the energy between the two of you) then the partner with too much energy loses some respect for the partner with less energy.

At any rate, you need to restore that balance, whether it means it will make him realize his misses you and he's made a mistake, or it just means having your own self-worth.

MBTI
    SEXY

Sounds like a very un-ENTP thing to do.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ----

sounds like an immature wanker who likes to create drama. don't put up with him disrespecting you and what you had together - he is being reckless and cruel to you; people like that don't make your life better. run, don't walk.

Banned

I think it is important to offer balance and review that everyone does things they regret and that is entirely out of character; it would be unfair to label someone the 'devil' for a single action (unless that is a cardinal offence!). We do live and learn after all.

If it is multiple strange occurancies like this, then yes; I wouldn't put up with it for long.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I liked how you phrased your post in the beginning: "Everything was fine perfectly fine ... he was completly into me" . But well I am not asked here if I find this egoistical or not, I was asked if ENTPs are prone to emotional lockdown.

No, ENTPs are not prone to stay with one emotion for too long except for sadness. Sadness can be a constant companion if you do it wrong, but being angry with someone or forcibly shutting someone out of ones life, you love thats not possible for too long.

Sounds like he had an idea, maybe its the army thing and he know thinks he needs to cut everyone out of his lifes, cause he could die in the service. Sounds perfectly entp, it has the necessary dramatic touch. What it was, it was definitly a decision of the mind, so a reasonable one, therefore he is able to keep it up.

I would investigate if someone talked bad about you or told the entp to let you go, someone who has some influence on him. This could be a reason aswell.

Other than that, this is probably the biggest downfall of the entp. I have done the shutting out people thing to two woman in my life and I regret it. In both cases I wanted to end the relationship and tho it's never easy to end a relationship, I did it quite abruptly, too abruptly. I back then ended the relationships because I saw no chance for growth. One girl was fundamentally lazy and obviously aiming at getting kids early and becoming a housewife, which is not my idea of a good catch and the other one was to flippant, to socially involved, partly more caring for others than for me; not my idea of a good catch aswell. I stayed with the first for four years and with the second for three years and I hoped they will change, like grow in the relationship but they didnt. And the moment I couldnt stand it, I made the decision to end it. And it is in that regards fundamentally difficult to decide anything. I do not want to hurt people, neveretheless when I do it, I do it bigtime and that cant be the way aswell.

Both girls after me became very slutty and a long time I was guilt-tripping myself because I thought I maybe dmaged them. Nowadays I know that I am not the middle point of the world and that there are other factors influencing the life of others and that it was their decision. I definitly stand guilty of ending the relationships without a warning, but hell I am glad until today I did it. Otherwise I'ld have never met my infp
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]