• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] (How) Do you work well with others?

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Kill them all with kindness. It is the only strategy that works 100% of the time, 80% of the time.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Minimize actual interaction, and be completely objective, task-oriented, and reliable.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Advanced hiding techniques

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't.

But if I have to, I usually end up doing everything myself.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I work well with others when "I'm working well WITH others", meaning....the point ceased to be to "work well period". It's now a compromise. I can be very flexible. Not when "working well period" is a priority though. It rarely is in life, certainly not in a carreer/job/work sense.

jbking

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I work well with others in some cases. If there is a clear objective and rules on how to operate, then I tend to work best with others. If there isn't a clear objective, then it becomes more of a guessing game or trying to figure out what is asked as ambiguity can really bug me. In the case of a game like, "Pick a number between 1 and 10," I'm the type to pick something like pi or e, which is within the bounds but is not likely to be guessed most of the time. The rules can be superimposed to some extent as generally there is some structure that I can either artificially pull or imagine is there.

If I have to start conversations with someone and just talk about whatever, this tends to be rather hard for me. If I have to ask someone a question it is much easier for me as there is that clear objective component. While I do participate in a number of groups, I tend to associate more with the group's purpose than noticing individual relationships. For example, a couple of my groups are support groups that exist to help people who have various conditions and so this is where I can share my stories, ideas on how to fight some of it, and try to offer empathy for others to ease their suffering to some extent.

jbking

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I work well with others in some cases. If there is a clear objective and rules on how to operate, then I tend to work best with others. If there isn't a clear objective, then it becomes more of a guessing game or trying to figure out what is asked as ambiguity can really bug me. In the case of a game like, "Pick a number between 1 and 10," I'm the type to pick something like pi or e, which is within the bounds but is not likely to be guessed most of the time. The rules can be superimposed to some extent as generally there is some structure that I can either artificially pull or imagine is there.

If I have to start conversations with someone and just talk about whatever, this tends to be rather hard for me. If I have to ask someone a question it is much easier for me as there is that clear objective component. While I do participate in a number of groups, I tend to associate more with the group's purpose than noticing individual relationships. For example, a couple of my groups are support groups that exist to help people who have various conditions and so this is where I can share my stories, ideas on how to fight some of it, and try to offer empathy for others to ease their suffering to some extent.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Surprisingly, better than I did in the past...

I usually do not work well with others, mainly because I am a perfectionist. More often than not, I do not approve of the work done by my peers. I do not see their work up to par, so I always feel the need to correct it--better yet, scrap it and do it myself. I have been known to do group projects all by myself because I'm insane and I don't trust the work of my group members! Although, this was back in grade school. As of now, I try to work with my group members. I go to a CC so most of the students there want to be there and want to transfer to the two universities in my city. As a result, people actually put effort in their work, which is a blessing in a disguise since I get to relax a little bit.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It's whatever. Truly. If they want my opinion they'll ask. I might entice them to ask my opinion, but rarely just give my own opinion. I've been told I should change that... perhaps.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZetmwyBanNU&feature=related].[/youtube]

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I work well with others, in fact, I can't remember the last time things didn't go so well. NeFe usually kicks in and provides awesomeness.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
I don't work well with others. i hate the group dynamic - the loss of individuality and autonomy, the apparent obligation, having to direct others. damnit, i don't remember signing a contact that gave people part ownership of me. I hate the inherent mentality that 'you're either all in or you're a problem.'
If i have a vision in mind, i tend to take over in an passive kind fo way, like i lead with my ideas rather than managing people.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nod and smile.

It comes pretty easily to me, being quiet and smiling and agreeing. Even when I feel hostile I can tell people what they want to hear, I know what people want to hear, and I care about people's feelings even when I'm not in the mood.

Of course, I'm also an NF.

I've noticed that INTJs are pretty good at "nodding and smiling", too. I mean I feel that in the way they communicate with me, even if their motives are different, so NTs are capable of it.

I'm sure it helps that I'm an NF and I spend an inordinate time thinking about people and the way I feel and they way they feel and what their motives are or might be.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Also, politely get away whenever you can. Don't ever underestimate that.

F

figsfiggyfigs

In practice I work great with others, merely because I tend to be very convincing; People(eventually) love working with me, because the job always gets done, no matter what; I LOATH working with others. >:E

I also tend to NOT step on peoples toes( I try my best to at lease), and speak to the "I want to please you" side that every human secretly has; if I've tried every possible calm way to get people to work and I still have no results. I cut them loose.

EDIT:
hmm.... I can see how my mom thinks I'm manipulative now....:ninja:

Last edited:

October Rust

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Gah, no. I try to express my ideas, but I'm always overpowered by the extraverts... they don't listen to me. Then they complain that I'm not contributing anything... ffs :p If by fluke they do hear me, they'll pretend they didn't and won't include my idea on their brainstorming list or whatever and just stare at me strangely, as if my ideas aren't normal or good enough for them :p Most people fail to understand my "vision" about how something should be done :( And I always end up having to do the shitty work because and no one else will. I prefer to do things the way I want to.

I suppose it's not always as bad as I described.. if I'm working with people who aren't doing the job just because they have to and are actually interested in doing it well, then it's bearable. I like it when I can discuss the issues we're working through more intellectually with other members of the group. Positive feedback and encouragement are nice, too :)

But no matter what, working alone is better.

Also, politely get away whenever you can. Don't ever underestimate that.

Oh yes.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Hrmm.

Although I'd like to say that I do, in truth I probably don't. I'm *very* independent when it comes to working. I hate being told what to do (other than in a very generic "we'd like something that does this -- do it however you need to" sort of way), and I really hate being expected to manage other people. That goes double when it comes to a day-to-day basis -- telling people what to do to keep them busy, "on track", etc. That usually winds up having people not thinking or taking initiative to solve their own problems and then bothering me to tell them what to do (when I'm busy trying to get *my* work done) more than is necessary.

But once I have a good working relationship with someone (granted, *not* something I can get to with just anyone), I do okay. I do consider myself a good employee, but mostly for reasons other than "working well with others". I'm loyal, I work hard, I solve my own problems, and I will get things done quickly, efficiently, and do them well. *toots own horn* I deal fine with people when discussing ideas, etc. (although I tend to get a little impatient and behave in a manner that I consider sort of "confident bordering on overbearing", although others assure me that's not the case).

In truth, it's probably best for both my employer's interest and my own sanity if I'm treated in the "Let's give Kelric this problem, leave him alone, and let him build a solution for it" way. If only life were that simple :D.

xisnotx

Permabanned
I don't.
When I'm forced I just try to speed up the process as much as I can (while still being passive) so I can just go and work on whatever I want/need to by myself.